Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Many words; says nothing.

Fewer words; says even less.
The number of words and the number of syllables in those words is irrelevant. I can convey a thought in a few words, leaving even you with my opinion or my answer to your question.
You on the other hand, shit out a bunch of fancy sounding words and convey nothing other than confirmation that you lack the cognitive ability to have a conversation.
As you see, I am NOT intimidated by your vocabulary. I, however continue to be amused by your lack of substance and unwarranted narcissism.
There ya go, son My vocabulary and my literary skills are at least equal to yours and I actually said something.
You are dismissed.
From Alabama? Seriously, Dude? ROTFL
I LIVE in Alabama asshole; I'm not necessarily FROM Alabama, but thanks for stereotyping me, faggot.

You see, a Liberal who hates firearms must be a homosexual. See how that works, idiot?

Don't you love the left saying they're against bigotry?

Connecticut State Legislature Passes Gun Control Bill Aimed at Protecting Victims of Domestic Violence

Victims of domestic violence in Connecticut will receive additional protections with the passing of a bill aimed at prohibiting those who are subject to a temporary restraining order from possessing firearms, thus eliminating a critical window of time during which a victim’s life could be at risk. The bill heads to the governor’s desk in the coming days for his signature before it becomes state law.

Bill Requires Those With a Temporary Restraining Order to Turn in Gun

Kiss that "gun culture" good bye in the Nutmeg State

Connecticut State Legislature Passes Gun Control Bill Aimed at Protecting Victims of Domestic Violence

Victims of domestic violence in Connecticut will receive additional protections with the passing of a bill aimed at prohibiting those who are subject to a temporary restraining order from possessing firearms, thus eliminating a critical window of time during which a victim’s life could be at risk. The bill heads to the governor’s desk in the coming days for his signature before it becomes state law.

Did you know murder and assault are illegal? Liberals never grasp that someone would buy an illegal gun to commit another crime. Boggles the mind. You still fall for the pull my finger gag, don't you?

Fired employee kills co-worker, self at Texas company

A man dismissed last month from a Houston-area transportation company opened fire inside the facility on Wednesday, fatally shooting a former co-worker and injuring two others before turning the gun on himself, saying his life had been ruined, sheriff’s officials said.

The man was armed with a shotgun and a pistol when he arrived at the Knight Transportation office in Katy, about 20 miles west of Houston, according to Harris County Sheriff Ron Hickman.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nat...ion-company/iS2nt3OBRELLMZwRty6UtM/story.html

Fired employee kills co-worker, self at Texas company

A man dismissed last month from a Houston-area transportation company opened fire inside the facility on Wednesday, fatally shooting a former co-worker and injuring two others before turning the gun on himself, saying his life had been ruined, sheriff’s officials said.

The man was armed with a shotgun and a pistol when he arrived at the Knight Transportation office in Katy, about 20 miles west of Houston, according to Harris County Sheriff Ron Hickman.

1 dead when ex-worker opens fire at Texas company before killing self - The Boston Globe

Which is more likely to work

1) We keep the 310 million guns in the country away from the guy as well as the guns that can come across our southern border you fight to keep open as well as prevent him from thinking of any other way to kill people so he gives up and goes home and everyone lives happily ever after

2) Someone blows his sorry ass away

One observes the deflection to an imaginary idea about border policy and the usual fuzzy math statistics. Our noble and heroic gun nuts did manage to keep 3,00,009 guns away from the mentally upset shooter. Good for them! Alas, it was that three hundred and tenth gun that did the job.

There is the usual Schadenfreude over the fact that the police killed the guy, as if his death solved the problem. No thought at all about the tragedy of the survivors. It's all like a TV western to the "gun culture".

One observes the deflection to an imaginary idea about border policy and the usual fuzzy math statistics. Our noble and heroic gun nuts did manage to keep 3,00,009 guns away from the mentally upset shooter. Good for them! Alas, it was that three hundred and tenth gun that did the job.

There is the usual Schadenfreude over the fact that the police killed the guy, as if his death solved the problem. No thought at all about the tragedy of the survivors. It's all like a TV western to the "gun culture".

You think that guns can freely cross our southern border with drugs and criminals can buy guns from their drug dealers is "imaginary" and a "deflection?" Seriously? You don't get that connection?

Question, are kids are getting imaginary drugs in high school across the open southern border or the real thing?

The number of crime guns imported from abroad is miniscule. Most crime guns are manufactured here in God's Country and sold, often by crooked licensed dealers across state lines. The states exporting the greatest number of crime guns are Georgia, West Virginia, Alaska and Mississippi. These guns are not imported. The few foreign guns which are involved in crimes were legally imported and entered the retail market through the normal, legal channels. Every gun starts out as a legal gun no matter where it is manufactured.

SOURCE: Where guns used in crimes come from

Of course blaming gun crimes on Mexicans is a nice twofer even it it isn't true.

THAT would be an interesting SCOTUS case. Someone not judged insane or convicted of a crime being denied a Constitutionally guaranteed right...
Well, THAT is another reason I left the state of my birth.

What law would have kept a shotgun out of this man's hands? As far as we know, he was not a felon and not judged insane. He got pissed off because he lost his job sounds more like a gang banger in Chicago pissed off over someone moving in on his drug turf than a hunter or target shooter. I'm betting he was a Democrat.

What law would have kept a shotgun out of this man's hands? As far as we know, he was not a felon and not judged insane. He got pissed off because he lost his job sounds more like a gang banger in Chicago pissed off over someone moving in on his drug turf than a hunter or target shooter. I'm betting he was a Democrat.
A law that required huntimg weapons to be kept under police control until signed out on a daily basis by legitimate hunters during the appropriate season would have kept the gun out of the home and hands of this deranged man. And, of course, he wouldn't have had the pistol at all. QUESTION ANSWERED

One of the factors proved by research into gun crime is that the relationship between guns in circulation and incidences of gun violence is not linear. The more guns in circulation, the more gun violence; however some guns are much more likely to be used in gun violence than others. A side-by-side twelve gage or black powder rifle is rarely the weapon of choice in a spree killing. Permitting .22 rifles out on the prairie isn't nearly as risky as allowing Glock 43s in the local bar.

THAT would be an interesting SCOTUS case. Someone not judged insane or convicted of a crime being denied a Constitutionally guaranteed right...
Well, THAT is another reason I left the state of my birth.
The state's interest in public safety is a factor in laws restricting gun possession, a factor explicity cited in SCOTUS ruling. A domestic TRO is not simply issued automatically. It is a warrant signed by a judge, a ruling based on evidence. The evidence may be sworn testimony of the spouse. It frequently includes one or more police reports of response to a domestic incident call. The object of the TRO has the right to appear before the judge and offer opposing testimony, although the TRO does not require the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard of criminal conviction.

Down in the Yellowhammer State, beating up the old lady is a popular indoor sport. In 2015
336 domestic violence victims (149 children and 187 adults) found refuge in emergency shelters or transitional housing provided by local domestic violence programs. 284 adults and children received non-residential assistance and services, including counseling, legal advocacy, and children’s support groups. And BTW presence of a gun in the home increases the chance of a domestic violence homicide by 500%

No wondery you love it down there.

The number of crime guns imported from abroad is miniscule. Most crime guns are manufactured here in God's Country and sold, often by crooked licensed dealers across state lines. The states exporting the greatest number of crime guns are Georgia, West Virginia, Alaska and Mississippi. These guns are not imported. The few foreign guns which are involved in crimes were legally imported and entered the retail market through the normal, legal channels. Every gun starts out as a legal gun no matter where it is manufactured.

SOURCE: Where guns used in crimes come from

Of course blaming gun crimes on Mexicans is a nice twofer even it it isn't true.

Strawman, I didn't blame guns on Mexicans, I said the open border is one of the things you'd have to close. I mean duh

Oh, yeah, right. Where I live you can scale your hat over the border to Canada so I understand that you weren't necessarily thinking that the illegal guns pouring over our "open border" were coming from Mexico.

The flood of illegal guns entering the USA from New Brunswick is a shocking scandal. Those French Cartels have no mercy. We get halberds, muskets, the occasional blunderbus, even Gatling guns! Why just last week authorities nabbed three voyageurs trying to sneak in a British-made brass twelve pounder. We need more alert gun culture experts like you to awaken sleeping Americans to the real cross-border threat. Be on your guard!
Car ton bras sait porter l'épée,
Il sait porter la croix!

Oh, yeah, right. Where I live you can scale your hat over the border to Canada so I understand that you weren't necessarily thinking that the illegal guns pouring over our "open border" were coming from Mexico.

The flood of illegal guns entering the USA from New Brunswick is a shocking scandal. Those French Cartels have no mercy. We get halberds, muskets, the occasional blunderbus, even Gatling guns! Why just last week authorities nabbed three voyageurs trying to sneak in a British-made brass twelve pounder. We need more alert gun culture experts like you to awaken sleeping Americans to the real cross-border threat. Be on your guard!
Il sait porter la croix!

You are a bizarre person. You read the words in my post, but then you string them together into bizarre meanings. Just a couple:

I said the southern border. But the southern border isn't just open to Mexicans, it's open to anyone going through Mexico. Mean duh, that has to be explained to you?

I know I said a couple and I meant one, but you bored me so much my head just hit the desk

Every time there's a shooting, liberals run around saying this proves we need more gun laws. I ask liberals over and over how exactly you are going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals every time you say you want more gun laws.

In particular, address given that drugs are illegal, and yet any parent knows any kid can get as much pot as they want. There are millions of guns in the US, millions more in the world. So don't just say more laws, explain how more laws are going to actually work.

So, there have been 7 shootings killing at least 10 people in the last decade. The only thing you've achieved so far is that no one was shooting back.

Every single lib idea would immediately affect every law abiding citizen. Would be a decade or longer before they could even begin to start catching criminals.

Meanwhile, the majority of people would be in more danger than ever and less able to defend themselves.

If thugs invade your home, the left prefers that you call 911 and wait for help. Could be a while, depending on where you live. If they don't make it in time, which they likely won't, it sure sucks for your family. Even if police arrive quickly, criminals with guns are already in your home and can take you hostage. In other words, without the ability to defend yourself, you are fucked. And the left does not care one iota about that. The wealthy liberal politicians who would pass such laws will still have their armed security and, as long as they are safe, they don't give a fuck about anyone else.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Il sait porter la croix!

Possessing a gun harms nobody. Criminalizing the possession of a gun is absurd, as no harm has been committed, so there should be no crime.

Il sait porter la croix!

Possessing a gun harms nobody. Criminalizing the possession of a gun is absurd, as no harm has been committed, so there should be no crime.
An interesting legal approach... wouldn't the same reasoning apply to RPGs or atomic weapons? Please explain.

An interesting legal approach... wouldn't the same reasoning apply to RPGs or atomic weapons? Please explain.

Possibly, depending upon the circumstances. As long as the weapon in question, if used, doesn't harm anyone other than the intended target. It would depend a great deal upon population densities.

I can't think of any location in which a nuclear weapon would be safe. An RPG, maybe some locations.

Forum List

Back