Keeping food during a power outage.

The EU7000ie is a pretty strong unit.
It'll power one central A/C and all 5 of my fridge/freezers with power to spare.
We got it for hurricanes so we'd have A/C in the Master Bedroom,bathroom and the long term food storage room/gunroom.

We're now concentrating on solar. We want a system that will power everything in a small house for retirement.
Thats going to run around $22k,while it's expensive once you have it you're set.
We're thinking about this set up because it's expandable if needed.

View attachment 658330
Maybe next year, if we all last that long. I bought my home last summer and have put a lot of money into improvements. Let me recover from that and maybe next year I'll be able to afford $20K+ to do something like that. I'll try to keep up with how it goes for you, as I'll need the advice of someone who's been there.

Maybe next year, if we all last that long. I bought my home last summer and have put a lot of money into improvements. Let me recover from that and maybe next year I'll be able to afford $20K+ to do something like that. I'll try to keep up with how it goes for you, as I'll need the advice of someone who's been there.

The solar fridge/freezer is our first foray into solar.
Even if we were to buy the house system tomorrow it wouldnt be put into use until we move to the boonies.
We figure the price of solar is just going to continue to rise so why not buy now and store it?
Although with the tech growing so fast it might be better to wait,there's that possibility that they'll come out with something game changing.
Our sudden interest in solar goes along with our new interest in prepping. And what better way to be prepared than have an inexhaustible source of power?

I'm still waiting on a toaster sized Nuke Reactor. :laugh:

Good idea. We use the same principle when loading large Ice chests for extended camping trips where going to get Ice would be a 4 hour trip at least.

For long term power loss....
You can run the Dometic fridge freezer 24/7 as long as you dont have an extended period of really cloudy days.
We're going to add another Dometic Obsidian 100 watt panel for extra power for other items and it will help on those cloudy days.
While the Dometic fridge/freezer is only 95 liters it's big enough to keep a lot of food and drinks for those emergencies you didnt see coming.
And it's far cheaper than buying 4 100 watt panels,batteries and a regulator for a normal household fridge/freezer.

View attachment 658301

View attachment 658302
View attachment 658303
Cool.

Forum List

Back