Kansas lawmakers pass adoption bill against gay couples

Since the Lord created two kinds of parents, moms and dads that is, in my opinion, every child should have one of each.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
The Lord created gays
Na, while there is no such thing as spiritual free will... there is free will.
They choice of “gay” while naïve Is one that made out of utter confusion.

They already could deny adoptions based on their religious beliefs before, making this legislation nothing more than lame political pandering.
Another useless bill that is DOA once it reaches the courts

But you gotta play to your base

Since the Lord created two kinds of parents, moms and dads that is, in my opinion, every child should have one of each.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
The Lord created gays
Ever hear of free will?
Gay is a choice, a foolish one nonetheless...
When did you choose to be straight?
DNA made that choice, male and female made for each other. The naïve get confused easily… political correctness has something to do with it most likely. A very small percentage choose gay and that choice is fleeting at best.

They already could deny adoptions based on their religious beliefs before, making this legislation nothing more than lame political pandering.
Another useless bill that is DOA once it reaches the courts

But you gotta play to your base

It reminds me when Florida passed a bill several years ago stating that churches and members of the clergy would not be forced to preform same-sex marriages. It didn't matter that none had been forced to do so and that they were already protected, all that mattered was pandering to their base.

Gay couples are not prohibited from adopting children. They just have to find another agency. Which is as it should be.

And....if the agency that is handling the adoption states it is against their religious beliefs, that should be protected. Parents wanting to adopt can do so from other agencies that are not religious in nature, one would think.
I suppose, as long as those agencies are not funded by tax dollars. At the same time, I think that this whole thing about not wanted gay people to adopt is stupid, discriminatory and a disservice to children in need of a permanent and stable home.

Perverted deviants have no business anywhere near children.

They need to be hospitalized. Especially ^^THAT^^ sick fuck.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
The Lord created gays
Na, while there is no such thing as spiritual free will... there is free will.
They choice of “gay” while naïve Is one that made out of utter confusion.

Where do you get this stuff from? It sounds like it's made up by some religious zealot or fundie "counselor" who has never known anyone who is LGBT. Why don't you people learn to leave everyone else alone? I bet nobody ever did anything to you.

May 4 (Reuters) - The Kansas Legislature on Friday approved a bill that allows faith-based adoption agencies to turn away gay and lesbian couples based on religious beliefs, and the state's governor said he would sign it.

Under the measure, the Kansas Department for Children and Families cannot block any foster or adoption agency, including those that receive public funds, from participating in its programs only because it refuses to adopt or place children with gay people.

Opponents of the bill said they will likely mount a legal challenge.

Kansas lawmakers pass adoption bill critics say is biased against gay couples

Mixed emotions about this. As with ALL adoptions, every couple should pass a rigid strict test of some sort to make sure they are of sound mind. Which should already be the case, right?
And....if the agency that is handling the adoption states it is against their religious beliefs, that should be protected. Parents wanting to adopt can do so from other agencies that are not religious in nature, one would think.

Your thoughts?
Looks like the Kansass legislature is making yet another case for the Supreme Court to rule unconstitutional.

May 4 (Reuters) - The Kansas Legislature on Friday approved a bill that allows faith-based adoption agencies to turn away gay and lesbian couples based on religious beliefs, and the state's governor said he would sign it.

Under the measure, the Kansas Department for Children and Families cannot block any foster or adoption agency, including those that receive public funds, from participating in its programs only because it refuses to adopt or place children with gay people.

Opponents of the bill said they will likely mount a legal challenge.

Kansas lawmakers pass adoption bill critics say is biased against gay couples

Mixed emotions about this. As with ALL adoptions, every couple should pass a rigid strict test of some sort to make sure they are of sound mind. Which should already be the case, right?

Your thoughts?

My thoughts are that if you have a problem with groups committing crimes against children, then stop MEN being able to adopt child, because most crimes against children come from MEN.

Forum List

Back