Kansas—a state that Trump won by 15 points 56-41 just 2 years ago—just voted to protect abortion access by a landslide 26 points, 63-37

It is conceivable that the Democrats are gaining ground on Republicans, who are favored to win in the November mid-terms.

President Biden is scheduled to sign into law two major pieces of legislation on boosting US semiconductor production and expanding health care benefits for veterans exposed to toxic burn pits next week at the White House.

President Biden authorized a U.S. drone strike in Afghanistan that took out al-Qaida leader Ayman al-Zawahri.

“This terrorist leader is no more,” Biden said in an evening speech from the White House.

Sen. Joe Manchin (D., W.Va.) and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.) said they had agreed to a deal to support a legislative package that would spend hundreds of billions of dollars and affect a swath of climate, healthcare, prescription-drug and tax policies, providing the Senator from Arizona doesn't mess it up.

Then there is Kansas.

CNN reports, "It isn’t often that Democrats look to deep-red Kansas for resounding affirmation. But on Tuesday night, when Kansans overwhelmingly voted to keep protections for abortion rights in their state constitution, that is exactly what happened.

"The size and scope of the result were a shock to even the most optimistic Democrats. Not only did voters reject a proposed constitutional amendment that would have opened the door to strict abortion laws in the Republican state, but they did it by turning out in huge numbers, dwarfing turnout in more recent primary elections and signaling that the issue can motivate even Republican-leaning voters in a state former President Donald Trump won by 15 points in 2020.

"The political impact of what happened in Kansas will be most directly felt in the November midterm elections – particularly in races for governor and attorney general after the US Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, throwing the issue of abortion to the states.

"The June ruling has led to bans on the procedure being enforced in several states while opening the door to more restrictions in others."

Did the Republican Party miscalculate? Even Republicans do not want the state to interfere in a notable personal matter -- a person's health and circumstances.

That is none of the state's business, particularly when the state is asserting that its religious views supersede that of its citizens.

But that is exactly what Republican governors and legislatures are doing, and that could cost them.

Ruby red Kansas proved it.

Have Republicans lost their minds? What has Trump done to the Republican Party?

NPR reports, "When Hungary's prime minister, Viktor Orbán, arrived in the U.S. this week, he bypassed the White House and President Biden to pay a visit to a more admiring U.S. president. He caught up with former President Donald Trump at his golf course in Bedminster, N.J.

"That was on the way to the Conservative Political Action Conference's annual gathering in Dallas, where Orbán gave the kickoff address on Thursday afternoon.

"Don't worry, a Christian politician cannot be racist, so we should never hesitate to heavily challenge our opponents on these issues," Orbán told his Texan audience. "Be sure: Christian values protect us from going too far."

"To many in the right wing of the Republican party, Orbán offers a model for electoral success. His endurance — he won his fourth straight term as prime minister in April — relies on an unrepentant appeal to a white and Christian heritage for Hungary. It has also depended on rounds of crackdowns on civil liberties and dissenting voices inside the country."

To many in the right wing of the Republican party, Orbán offers a model for electoral success.

I was once a member of the Republican Party due to my adherence to conservative core beliefs. All that ended with Trump and the GOP's abandonment of conservative principles.

It is readily apparent that true American conservatives would not embrace a Hungarian dictator and allow him to be a guest speaker at a Conservative Political Action Conference.

The Republican Party believes that the state should control a woman's health in the case of a pregnancy. It is readily apparent that the Religious Right has superseded conservative principles within the Republican Party. True conservatives believe in less government control, not more, and a woman's body -- and a man's -- is sacrosanct, meaning the absence of government interference.

True American conservatives would come down hard on any President who gave approval to upend a Presidential election without offering proof the election was fraudulent. The Republican Party embraces Trump's baseless claim. He is the leader of the party, and most Republican candidates state without proof that the election was stolen from Trump.

So, I left the Republican Party during the summer of 2020 because of the GOP's complete abandonment of conservative principles.

I don't expect forum Republicans to respond to this message.

After all, what can they say? The truth shall set you free!

No, it's a mistake by conservatives who overplayed their abortion hand.
And if conservatives claim to be advocates of states' rights, they'll accept the will of the people
Conservatives can't have it both ways.
If people in Kansas write their legislators demanding action on this, it is the duty of the legislators to act. If that means writing new legislation, so be it.

Republicans are in for a very rude awakening in November. I think they see it, too. Murkowski and Collins are co-sponsors of a bill to codify Roe at the Federal level. Republicans like Moscow Mitch don't give two fucks about social issues like abortion. It's all corporate wishes for them, so more Republicans who see the damage this will do to their chances of re-taking the House/Senate may also join with them.

Things like this are an election nightmare for Republicans:

Republicans are in for a very rude awakening in November. I think they see it, too. Murkowski and Collins are co-sponsors of a bill to codify Roe at the Federal level. Republicans like Moscow Mitch don't give two fucks about social issues like abortion. It's all corporate wishes for them, so more Republicans who see the damage this will do to their chances of re-taking the House/Senate may also join with them.

Things like this are an election nightmare for Republicans:

HA HA HA. Poor delusional Democrats. Red wave will roll over them this November like a tsunami. Economy will do it, not abortion,

I’ve been spending a little time reading this, so my understanding may be incomplete. But let me explain what has happened so far, as I understand it. I’m not in Kansas, and have no first hand knowledge.

In 2019 the Kansas State Supreme Court ruled that the Kansas State Constitution protected a Woman’s right to an Abortion.

As I understand it, Anti Abortion forces decided that a Constitutional Amendment for Kansas would overturn the decision of the Supreme Court. So they put forth a ballot initiative to amend the Kansas State Constitution to allow the Legislature to decide if Abortion would be legal in Kansas, or not. All questions would be decided by the Legislature.

For some reason, this decision would be made during the Primary, not during the general election. Anyway, the decision was strongly against the Anti-Abortion proponents. In other words, Voters turned out in record numbers to vote, and they voted to protect a Woman’s right to an abortion.

The Anti Abortion folks aren’t taking this loss well. They plan on going to the Courts to get the decision they want. Their plan now, to oust the Kansas State Supreme Court Justices who made the initial decision, and then have new Judges decide the issue their way, so they can then ban Abortion in the Legislature.

Though the amendment’s failure is a setback for anti-abortion activists the issue has long held a prominent space in Kansas politics and activists signaled they have no plans to give up. As early as November, they’ll have the opportunity to attempt to oust members of the Supreme Court that declared abortion to be a right.

Ousting judges could be a pathway to overturning the 2019 decision.

“I certainly think there’s a pathway with a different composition of judges,” said Elizabeth Kirk, director for the Center for Law and the Human Person at Catholic University. “It could be overturned if a future court thought that nothing in the 1859 state constitution included a right to abortion.”

So Voters in Kansas have spoken, and the RW likes to claim that the Democrats use the courts to get what they can’t win at the Ballot Box, and what do the RW do? Immediately plan on using the courts to get what they can’t win at the ballot box.

Or perhaps we could say that the RW doesn’t give a shit about the Voters, and what they want. In fact, the Anti-Abortion folks think that their own voters are pretty stupid.

The Anti Abortion folks claim that the question was confusing. Apparently Reading Comprehension isn’t a strong trait in the voters on the Right according to their own advocates.

For one, they have expressed concern the ballot measure featured language they argued was intentionally designed to confuse voters. For example, the language used on the ballot said that a “yes” vote on the question would affirm that “the constitution of the state of Kansas does not require government funding of abortion” — even though no such requirement exists — “and does not create or secure a right to abortion.” A “yes” vote would have affirmed that “the people, through their elected state representatives and state senators, may pass laws regarding abortion,” something lawmakers are limited in doing now based on the 2019 court ruling.

Abortion rights advocates supported a “no” vote on the measures, which makes no changes to the status quo.

So how does that make you Conservatives Feel? Kansas, a solidly Red State, turned against you on the question of a Woman’s right to choose. And of course, the advocates for your cause think that the voters turned against them because the voters are idiots and too stupid to understand the ballot question. The voters who are supposedly voting for them.
Abortion has long been a contented issue in Kansas, red state or not. Nothing surprising here. ho hum.
And the only ones who give a shit about the voters, are the voters.

Kansas—a state that Trump won by 15 points 56-41 just 2 years ago—just voted to protect abortion access​

Just more proof once again that everything the media has been telling you about conservatives, republicans and Trump supporters has all been a lie.

The big "abortion" issue no longer exists as it was just another all-made-up stry by the Left.

So the issue was returned to the state and this is what the state of Kansas decided good for them. Seems the gnashing of teeth and hand ringing over this issue being returned to the states might have been overblown.

Yep…….and the pro-baby killing hysteria was just deflated in a big way………if they can’t even ban abortion in Kansas then the fear mongering of the democrats just lost its power………

That's how detached the GOP is from what Americans want. Vote Them All Out.

The Supreme Court is out of touch with the American people. They are representing a minority.

I don't buy it . . . not a chance it went down the way they claim. Hope lives huh? The shining hope of dismembering the child growing within you? A mother's only biological imperative is to protect that child at all cost. How about a different kind of referendum on abortion? Let's all choose between two different uniforms, shall we? Wearers of one uniform shall represent the legal right of women to murder their unborn children. The other uniform is to be worn by all those willing to protect unborn children at any cost. Let's do that and see who is left standing. Myself, I would put on the second uniform this instant and go to war. Would you?
Deciding through violence, and you probably consider yourself pro-life.

THIS is a key lie the pro-choice people tell themselves to assuage their guilt over murdering unborn children or supporting the act. These are the same people who pretend to weep and moan over the deaths of children in school shootings. In their minds dismembering an unborn child is fine, but the shooting death of a child signals the end of civilization—unless all law abiding citizens are disarmed. And no, the pro-choice people cannot rationalize between the two subjects.
In civilized countries law abiding citizens are unarmed, and safer for it.

The Supreme Court is out of touch with the American people. They are representing a minority.
Isn't that what America is about these days -- enforcing the will of the minority? Sure looks like it to me as we consider who we're not even allowed to criticize!

Yep…….and the pro-baby killing hysteria was just deflated in a big way………if they can’t even ban abortion in Kansas then the fear mongering of the democrats just lost its power………

So the Republican plan to replace the State Supreme Court with anti abortion judges who will rule that Abortion is unconstitutional in Kansas is just what? Insane talk?

Have Republicans lost their minds? What has Trump done to the Republican Party?

NPR reports, "When Hungary's prime minister, Viktor Orbán, arrived in the U.S. this week, he bypassed the White House and President Biden to pay a visit to a more admiring U.S. president. He caught up with former President Donald Trump at his golf course in Bedminster, N.J.

"That was on the way to the Conservative Political Action Conference's annual gathering in Dallas, where Orbán gave the kickoff address on Thursday afternoon.

"Don't worry, a Christian politician cannot be racist, so we should never hesitate to heavily challenge our opponents on these issues," Orbán told his Texan audience. "Be sure: Christian values protect us from going too far."

"To many in the right wing of the Republican party, Orbán offers a model for electoral success. His endurance — he won his fourth straight term as prime minister in April — relies on an unrepentant appeal to a white and Christian heritage for Hungary. It has also depended on rounds of crackdowns on civil liberties and dissenting voices inside the country."

To many in the right wing of the Republican party, Orbán offers a model for electoral success.

I was once a member of the Republican Party due to my adherence to conservative core beliefs. All that ended with Trump and the GOP's abandonment of conservative principles.

It is readily apparent that true American conservatives would not embrace a Hungarian dictator and allow him to be a guest speaker at a Conservative Political Action Conference.

The Republican Party believes that the state should control a woman's health in the case of a pregnancy. It is readily apparent that the Religious Right has superseded conservative principles within the Republican Party. True conservatives believe in less government control, not more, and a woman's body -- and a man's -- is sacrosanct, meaning the absence of government interference.

True American conservatives would come down hard on any President who gave approval to upend a Presidential election without offering proof the election was fraudulent. The Republican Party embraces Trump's baseless claim. He is the leader of the party, and most Republican candidates state without proof that the election was stolen from Trump.

So, I left the Republican Party during the summer of 2020 because of the GOP's complete abandonment of conservative principles.

I don't expect forum Republicans to respond to this message.

After all, what can they say? The truth shall set you free!
You make the Progs sound like Shang Ri La. They do not have the midas touch.... They have the feces touch. They have enacted trillions and trillions of dollars of bills that is paying off special interests and will enrich a small percentage of people. They have destroyed millions of people and it is growing. A Prog thinks printing up a fiat dollar is magic.

Forum List

Back