Kansas—a state that Trump won by 15 points 56-41 just 2 years ago—just voted to protect abortion access by a landslide 26 points, 63-37

So what's the problem in turning the issue back to the states where it should have been in the first place?
I think one of the 'problems' (for politicians) is that they can no longer use abortion as a political football.

if states feel they need to ban abortions then have it put on your state ballot ... then have the people vote on whether to beable have an abortion in your state... make it where it can't be repealed once it's been voted on ... this means if the people vote to be able to have an abortion you can ... where you can never reverse it ... if the people who feel you can't have and abortion if it passes into law you can't repeal that law either ... once the people accept whatever version you passed you can't ever reverse it ...... let the people decide not a bunch of politicians ... this way the pro-choice people can't reverse it, or the pro-life can never reverse the law passed... the voters spoke it's final ...period
Voters vote in people to represent them. If the voters don't like how they are being represented then they are free to vote for someone else next time. That's how it works. States don't need to put abortion up for popular vote.

So what's the problem in turning the issue back to the states where it should have been in the first place?
I don't see any problem with turning it back to the state to determine whether abortion should or shouldn't be allowed... I feel the people should be the ones who make it law by voting ... not some one-sided party dictating what is the law ... if the people are for it make the law where it can't be repealed by any politician or voters once it's law the law ... if they decide that abortion can't be performed then that law ...the law where it too can't be repealed its finally law ... just because the party in powere feels they should change it ... they can no longer repeal it or change it or modify it in any way ...

Voters vote in people to represent them. If the voters don't like how they are being represented then they are free to vote for someone else next time. That's how it works. States don't need to put abortion up for popular vote.
that will never work... the people will be protesting when either party takes office ... I don't feel any party can make it a law ... they will be fighting that issue forever... what happened in Kansas was both parties felt they should be the ones who determine if abortion should or shouldn't be law ...it's not the politician to determine it ...they are clearly biased on both sides ... once the people decide then they can't change it by the way the law is written ... this stops all the attempts of one party trying to remove the law just because they don't like it ... the people vote it as law that's it ... game over no more fighting over it in that state

What? I don't understand what you're saying. What did I say about Trump? And, in 2016, you guys ate a lot of crow and, right now, Trump leads both Biden and Harris in a 2024 matchup. Once Republicans take back the House, we will have investigations and prime time hearings and impeachments, exposing democrats for their lies and abuse of power, all carefully timed around the 2024 election.
actually, trump doesn't lead Biden or Haris in the polls in the 2024 election he only is rate 30% to win in the polls against either one ... I don't feel trump is going to run ... seems the FBI just raided his home for all kinds of shit ... this usually happens when the AG is ready to file charges against him ... he's back peddling right about now ...

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — Abortion rights forces scored an upset victory in Kansas on Tuesday when voters rejected an amendment that would have allowed the state legislature to ban the procedure.
Definitely -- even very Conservative women will mostly vote with Liberals as soon as Conservatives try to violate their rights. Identity is stronger then Politics.

I do not know what else I can say -- I am not invested on any side of abortion issue. I guess Republicans made a big mistake to push anti-abortion agenda.

I hope Democrat men can also understand that Identity is stronger then Politics. I hope they can vote against those who support Presumption of Guilt, arrest of male victims of Domestic Violence and men getting 61% more time for the same offense

• An abortion may be performed at 20 or more weeks postfertilization (22 weeks after the last menstrual period) only in cases of life or severely compromised physical health. This law is based on the assertion, which is inconsistent with scientific evidence and has been rejected by the medical community, that a fetus can feel pain at that point in pregnancy.
This is a good legal way to define life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I quite agree with both posters above. Abortion ain't about murder, or birth control, or mere convenience. They are about economics. Both posters nail it, from different but complimentary perspectives: It is survival/hardships that urge women to abort; and widely supported by the male partners.

I have always been skeptical of the Anti-Choice/Forced Birth faction.
They all too often wrapped themselves in some sort of religious/morality blanket.....yet, have been notably silent about financially supporting these unwanted babies with an increase in their taxes. They are 'Birthers'. Not 'Lifers'.

My wife ....long past bearing age....said it best in my opinion: He who hath not a uterus needs to shut the f*cketh up.

I'm pro-life.

I support taxes that go for expanded day care. Food stamp benefits. Expanded access to higher education. Health care for all. etc.

Granted, few do.

Is it possible the Kansas pro-life referendum lost because some republicans, who identify as pro-life & support Roe being overturned, still don't support a ban on abortion? I think the pro-life movement better figure that out

that will never work... the people will be protesting when either party takes office ... I don't feel any party can make it a law ... they will be fighting that issue forever... what happened in Kansas was both parties felt they should be the ones who determine if abortion should or shouldn't be law ...it's not the politician to determine it ...they are clearly biased on both sides ... once the people decide then they can't change it by the way the law is written ... this stops all the attempts of one party trying to remove the law just because they don't like it ... the people vote it as law that's it ... game over no more fighting over it in that state
Murder is against the law.

actually, trump doesn't lead Biden or Haris in the polls in the 2024 election he only is rate 30% to win in the polls against either one ... I don't feel trump is going to run ... seems the FBI just raided his home for all kinds of shit ... this usually happens when the AG is ready to file charges against him ... he's back peddling right about now ...
Yes, I know the Democratic machine is out to get Trump, including the Biden endorsed DOJ, who takes their orders from the left and they found a lefty judge to sign off on the search warrant. Surprise, surprise. Better look at these links:

The right to an abortion is a states right, period, and yes it was expected most states would define and approve abortions, however, it was and never has been a constitutional right. Most educated individuals understand the distinction between federal and states rights, jurisdiction, then there are others whom never passed a basic civics test.
The majority of conservatives embrace the sanctity of life, yet the RHINOS and progressive liberals maintain the majority so individual states will approve abortions as they see fit.

Yes, I know the Democratic machine is out to get Trump, including the Biden endorsed DOJ, who takes their orders from the left and they found a lefty judge to sign off on the search warrant. Surprise, surprise. Better look at these links:

01) Here's what concerns me as a liberal, who supports democrat points of view ... not all of them, but so far nothing the republicans have to offer ... now you can believe what you want that's fine ... as for the DOJ they do not take orders from Biden or and lefty or is the judge a lefty Judge Bruce Reinhart is a popular American magistrate Judge. Judge Bruce Reinhart came to the limelight after he Represented Jeffrey Epstein’s Pilots And Secretary. he didn't represent Jeffery Epstein like you on the right love to smear ... just the help ...

02) Donald Trump appointed Bruce Reinhart to the place, and he started serving as a judge in 2018. trump gave his blessing to the search of the previous president’s property. so he's not some Lefty judge who was appointed by the left ... know who you are talking about before you make such a fool of yourself here ...

03) there is no Democrat machine as you call it ... when the raid was made Joe biden And his administration had no idea they were going to raid Trump's home ... but you on the right love to make shit up because your fearless so called leader got his dick caught in the ringer again ...

04) things he's being charged with or has allegedly done

01) January 6: Lawsuits by Democratic lawmakers and police officers​

02) White House documents: Moved to Mar-a-Lago?
03) Classified? Flushed?
04)2020 Election: Efforts to overturn Georgia
05)2020 Election: Fake electors in Michigan
06)Trump Organization: NY AG criminal and civil investigation
I could go on and on to the list of charges he has against him ... the guy is a crook ... people like you think we have a vendetta against him ... we don't have a vendetta against him ... he's a crook ... he has commited so many crims its just pick one at this point ... the cat is out of the bag and your types live in this dream world .... that the left is out to get you ... we are not out to get you ... but we aren't going to sit back anymore and let the people like you walk all over us anymore ... we are now fighting back with the only way we can ... we use legal system to bring you on the right to justice ... if you don't like it, tell your leaders to stop committing crimes... its that simple ...trump has had a long history of committing crimes and has got his way it ... you are just finding it out and you don't like it ... too bad !!! it is what it is ...

The right to an abortion is a states right, period, and yes it was expected most states would define and approve abortions, however, it was and never has been a constitutional right. Most educated individuals understand the distinction between federal and states rights, jurisdiction, then there are others whom never passed a basic civics test.
The majority of conservatives embrace the sanctity of life, yet the RHINOS and progressive liberals maintain the majority so individual states will approve abortions as they see fit.
actually, your leaders in the state forced their view on how the law should be handled not the people ... the democrats never made a law about abortion ... due to the beliefs of the democrat's right to choose your hard liners on the right made it a dem issue ... abortion is a federal law, not a state law ... it never should have been over turned ... but if we win the senate with two more democrats which it looks like we will... you on the right are open for a rude awaking ... between the Dems taking over plus the states like Kansas who by the way had republicans and democrats and independents to keep the law the way it was tells you it's not just a lefty point of view ... so expect to see more states putting it on the ballot ....there are more right to choose people then there are right to life voters ... so the conservative court made a mess of things with their ruling ...

Is it possible the Kansas pro-life referendum lost because some republicans, who identify as pro-life & support Roe being overturned, still don't support a ban on abortion? I think the pro-life movement better figure that out
not only did the figure that out they clearly knew that many on the right were pro-
choice

01) Here's what concerns me as a liberal, who supports democrat points of view ... not all of them, but so far nothing the republicans have to offer ... now you can believe what you want that's fine ... as for the DOJ they do not take orders from Biden or and lefty or is the judge a lefty Judge Bruce Reinhart is a popular American magistrate Judge. Judge Bruce Reinhart came to the limelight after he Represented Jeffrey Epstein’s Pilots And Secretary. he didn't represent Jeffery Epstein like you on the right love to smear ... just the help ...

02) Donald Trump appointed Bruce Reinhart to the place, and he started serving as a judge in 2018. trump gave his blessing to the search of the previous president’s property. so he's not some Lefty judge who was appointed by the left ... know who you are talking about before you make such a fool of yourself here ...

03) there is no Democrat machine as you call it ... when the raid was made Joe biden And his administration had no idea they were going to raid Trump's home ... but you on the right love to make shit up because your fearless so called leader got his dick caught in the ringer again ...

04) things he's being charged with or has allegedly done

01) January 6: Lawsuits by Democratic lawmakers and police officers​

02) White House documents: Moved to Mar-a-Lago?
03) Classified? Flushed?
04)2020 Election: Efforts to overturn Georgia
05)2020 Election: Fake electors in Michigan
06)Trump Organization: NY AG criminal and civil investigation
I could go on and on to the list of charges he has against him ... the guy is a crook ... people like you think we have a vendetta against him ... we don't have a vendetta against him ... he's a crook ... he has commited so many crims its just pick one at this point ... the cat is out of the bag and your types live in this dream world .... that the left is out to get you ... we are not out to get you ... but we aren't going to sit back anymore and let the people like you walk all over us anymore ... we are now fighting back with the only way we can ... we use legal system to bring you on the right to justice ... if you don't like it, tell your leaders to stop committing crimes... its that simple ...trump has had a long history of committing crimes and has got his way it ... you are just finding it out and you don't like it ... too bad !!! it is what it is ...
You are buying into the lefty BS.

You are buying into the lefty BS.
In outer words you can’t prove what I posted as being wrong … that’s what you on the right do … you can’t face up to the facts … the facts that prove Trump as bing a crook … you refuse to do any kind of research on the man … so your answers is alway it’s lefty BS … and you wonder why we call you right wing nut cases … you tell us to prove it … we prove it and yet you tell us our information is lefty BS… we bring trumps administration to the house it is your Republican administration who is telling us these things he’s doing … it is republicans in his admistration that took pictures of classified documents sitting in the toilet bowel water … it was his admistration that told us he would get mad and tear up classified documents not us leftie … then you tell us it’s lefty BS … when are people like you going to take the responsibility that it is you who is bein told it’s BS by the trump people … Democrats aren’t lying to you it’s the republicans they are lying to you …when are you going to realize you are wrong and believing liars … just because you don’t belief any fact that is presented is your problem not mine… so when this country is turned into a communist state by the republicans, takes every one of your guns away, and force you into work houses … don’t come and complain us to bail you out…

In outer words you can’t prove what I posted as being wrong … that’s what you on the right do … you can’t face up to the facts … the facts that prove Trump as bing a crook … you refuse to do any kind of research on the man … so your answers is alway it’s lefty BS … and you wonder why we call you right wing nut cases … you tell us to prove it … we prove it and yet you tell us our information is lefty BS… we bring trumps administration to the house it is your Republican administration who is telling us these things he’s doing … it is republicans in his admistration that took pictures of classified documents sitting in the toilet bowel water … it was his admistration that told us he would get mad and tear up classified documents not us leftie … then you tell us it’s lefty BS … when are people like you going to take the responsibility that it is you who is bein told it’s BS by the trump people … Democrats aren’t lying to you it’s the republicans they are lying to you …when are you going to realize you are wrong and believing liars … just because you don’t belief any fact that is presented is your problem not mine… so when this country is turned into a communist state by the republicans, takes every one of your guns away, and force you into work houses … don’t come and complain us to bail you out…
Jesus. You're operating on kool aide fumes. You nutcases are making Trump more popular, not less popular.

Forum List

Back