Kamala Harris says DEMOCRACY and the climate crisis are the biggest national security threats facing the US:

Last edited:

Kamala Harris says DEMOCRACY and the climate crisis are the biggest national security threats facing the US:​

VP also stands by Biden's decision to withdraw from Afghanistan and puts the blame on Trump

26 Dec 2021 ~~ By Elizabeth Elkind
  • Harris appeared to be trying to echo Democrats' warnings about threats to democracy at home and abroad when she said 'democracy' itself was a threat
  • She cleaned up her comments, calling for Americans to 'fight for the integrity of our democracy' as Biden pushed lawmakers to pass voting rights legislation
  • When asked if she feels any responsibility for the Afghanistan chaos, the vice president instead pointed out it was Trump who brokered a deal to leave
  • She admitted the Taliban's treatment of women and girls is still a 'concern'
  • Harris has said she was the 'last person in the room' when Biden decided on exit
Vice President Kamala Harris said during her CBS interview Sunday that 'democracy' is the most significant national security threat facing the United States.
She had been trying to echo Democrats' warning about threats to the 'integrity' of the American democratic system as her boss, President Joe Biden, tries to push his voting rights agenda through Congress.
In the final portion of her wide-ranging interview released over the week, Harris also defended the Biden administration's chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan in August, instead blaming its predecessor for first setting the deadline to leave and added that climate change was one of the biggest emerging threats against US security.
'What do you see is the biggest national security challenge confronting the U.S.? What is the thing that worries you and keeps you up at night?' Face the Nation host Margaret Brennan asked.
The vice president answered, 'Frankly, one of them is our democracy. And that I can talk about because that's not classified.'
'And we are embarking on a- a new era where the threats to our nation take many forms, including the threat of autocracies taking over and having outsized influence around the world.'
She adjusted her initial comments, urging the need to 'fight for the integrity of our democracy.'
Harris, who has long campaigned for climate change awareness, added that 'fighting for the integrity of democracy' 'is obviously about what we need to do in the climate crisis.'
~Snip~
Harris refused to take an opportunity to ascribe her criticism to racism and misogyny, stating: 'I'll leave that for others to deal with.'
Brennan bluntly asked Harris what her biggest failure has been this year, to which Harris joked: 'To not get out of D.C. more.'

Commentary:
She’s finally right about something. Our Democracy is being threatened and so is our Constitutional Republic.
Hmm..., Funny isn;t it, when Governor Sarah Palin was chosen to run as V.P. alongside John McCain, we were told by the Biased Quisling Media at the time that Sarah Palin lacked necessary knowledge, was incompetent and an embarrassment. Kamaltoe Harris is much worse.
As far as the retreat from Afghanistan is concerned, It's not that Joey Xi did it, it’s HOW he did it. Either Kamaltoe is too stupid to know that, or she believes everyone else is.
Furthermore, Kamaltoe is wrong. We’re not a democracy as she claims. America was created as a Constitutional Republic. Perhaps she should take a remedial course in civics; we’re a constitutional republic. I guess she never said the Pledge of Allegiance where in part it says: “And to the Republic for which it stands ....Not to the Democracy”
It seems to me, some bits of media? Are pretty easy to find.

Others? Seem to be exceedingly hard to locate. I don't know. . . it is almost, if I were, like, a paranoid person, as if, Google and the rest of the establishment, were trying to prevent folks from watching this, if they did not set themselves in front of the idiot box to see the original broadcast?

:dunno:

It isn't that I don't trust you, or your source. . . I just like to observe things, EVERYTHING, from the left, and the right, first hand, and make up my own mind.

So, when you get an opinion piece, off of an event that had happened, or off of an interview, if you can, try to post the actual clip, or interview. It is always helpful for folks like me.

,o1 b-2.jpg

Yeah, from my POV, if you really listen to the interview, and understand the CFR politician's outlook on the world, as to why she said this. . .

They don't really consider the U.S. a sovereign nation any more, so it is easy to understand why someone like this would feel that the biggest "foreign," threat, is our own domestic democracy.

She even laments how dangerous she thought it was when Trump made the US a leader in international organizations once again, rather than just another voice, shouldering the majority of the costs, but having nothing more than and equal say. "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs" :rolleyes:

Our populist democracy, whether it is from the right, or even leftist populists, like Bernie and the squad from the left, or the Freedom caucus on the right, are those who want to use the law and the budgets for the American people, and use our Constitution to stop international agreements and institutions from advancing the interests of international institutions and global corporations over those of Americans, are, for these folks, a "foreign threat."

Folks like Kamala and Biden, these aren't Americans, they are internationalists, and thus, it is Americans that are the foreigners. So when she is asked, what is the biggest "foreign threat," to their power? Of course she is going to step in it.

Either that, or, when the journalist asks her the question; "On foreign policy. . . . . 'What do you see is the biggest national security challenge confronting the U.S.? What is the thing that worries you and keeps you up at night?'"

She is just. .. TOO STUPID, to understand, that you don't answer honestly, and say, um. . . a resurgence for folks saying they want control of their own nation back, as being the real threat.

:rolleyes:

It seems to me, some bits of media? Are pretty easy to find.

Others? Seem to be exceedingly hard to locate. I don't know. . . it is almost, if I were, like, a paranoid person, as if, Google and the rest of the establishment, were trying to prevent folks from watching this, if they did not set themselves in front of the idiot box to see the original broadcast?

:dunno:

It isn't that I don't trust you, or your source. . . I just like to observe things, EVERYTHING, from the left, and the right, first hand, and make up my own mind.

So, when you get an opinion piece, off of an event that had happened, or off of an interview, if you can, try to post the actual clip, or interview. It is always helpful for folks like me.

5z7a6t.jpg

Kamala Harris says DEMOCRACY and the climate crisis are the biggest national security threats facing the US:​

VP also stands by Biden's decision to withdraw from Afghanistan and puts the blame on Trump

• Harris appeared to be trying to echo Democrats' warnings about threats to democracy at home and abroad when she said 'democracy' itself was a threat
  • She cleaned up her comments, calling for Americans to 'fight for the integrity of our democracy' as Biden pushed lawmakers to pass voting rights legislation
  • When asked if she feels any responsibility for the Afghanistan chaos, the vice president instead pointed out it was Trump who brokered a deal to leave
  • Harris has said she was the 'last person in the room' when Biden decided on exit
Vice President Kamala Harris said during her CBS interview Sunday that 'democracy' is the most significant national security threat facing the United States.
She had been trying to echo Democrats' warning about threats to the 'integrity' of the American democratic system as her boss, President Joe Biden, tries to push his voting rights agenda through Congress.
In the final portion of her wide-ranging interview released over the week, Harris also defended the Biden administration's chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan in August, instead blaming its predecessor for first setting the deadline to leave and added that climate change was one of the biggest emerging threats against US security.
'What do you see is the biggest national security challenge confronting the U.S.? What is the thing that worries you and keeps you up at night?' Face the Nation host Margaret Brennan asked.
The vice president answered, 'Frankly, one of them is our democracy. And that I can talk about because that's not classified.'
'And we are embarking on a- a new era where the threats to our nation take many forms, including the threat of autocracies taking over and having outsized influence around the world.'

She adjusted her initial comments, urging the need to 'fight for the integrity of our democracy.'
Harris, who has long campaigned for climate change awareness, added that 'fighting for the integrity of democracy' 'is obviously about what we need to do in the climate crisis.'
~Snip~
Harris refused to take an opportunity to ascribe her criticism to racism and misogyny, stating: 'I'll leave that for others to deal with.'
Brennan bluntly asked Harris what her biggest failure has been this year, to which Harris joked: 'To not get out of D.C. more.'

Commentary:
She’s finally right about something. Our Democracy is being threatened and so is our Constitutional Republic.
Hmm..., Funny isn;t it, when Governor Sarah Palin was chosen to run as V.P. alongside John McCain, we were told by the Biased Quisling Media at the time that Sarah Palin lacked necessary knowledge, was incompetent and an embarrassment. Kamaltoe Harris is much worse.
As far as the retreat from Afghanistan is concerned, It's not that Joey Xi did it, it’s HOW he did it. Either Kamaltoe is too stupid to know that, or she believes everyone else is.
Furthermore, Kamaltoe is wrong. We’re not a democracy as she claims. America was created as a Constitutional Republic. Perhaps she should take a remedial course in civics; we’re a constitutional republic. I guess she never said the Pledge of Allegiance where in part it says: “And to the Republic for which it stands ....Not to the Democracy”
She is correct. Don't forget it was republicans under trump who tried to stop democracy. I know it's embarrassing for you but you have to own it. It was not democrats.

As for climate change, you can believe the opposite forever but that won't stop it.

~Snip~

Commentary:
The educated elite on the left want the US to be a Democracy so that California and most of the East Coast can control the rest of the country. Every vote that doesn't go their way will be deemed undemocratic and the rank and file Democrats believe that shit.

She is correct. Don't forget it was republicans under trump who tried to stop democracy. I know it's embarrassing for you but you have to own it. It was not democrats.

As for climate change, you can believe the opposite forever but that won't stop it.
Well sure, anything that elects republicans is the biggest threat. Only one party rule will due.

Democrats = democracy

Duh!

Doc7505
If that's how she thinks she's the dumbest VP in history.

Climate Change? Biggest hoax in the world.

Democracy?? We are a Republic.

She sure is dumber than dirt.

Democracy? Isn't that supposed to be one of the great things that makes Americ a great country?

Or did she mean "democracy isn't working how democrats want it to so it's a threat to our party"?

propaganda.png

~Snip~

Commentary:
You're the threat, traitor.

Forum List

Back