Justice for New Haven Firefighters

so in conclusion, we must write one test for black people and another for white people,, is that the deal?? or do we do "show and tell:?
Hopefully they'll have show and tell interpreters standing by for the dyslexic guy they will now be forced to promote.

Still doesn't prove that tests can be racist ... their argument is that using them is racist but the ACLU is always looking for a fight even when there isn't one. ;)

The real issue with the WASL is that not all students do good in test taking, nothing about the racial nature. So, unless you are perpetuating the myth that minorites are naturally stupid, tests about intellect and ability are not racists, do you think that blacks are "just plain too stupid"?

You said to show you a test where whites did 50% better than blacks to "prove" it. I did. And now you want to say thats not proof?

Yeah, as usual, you are just a lying sack of shit.

Not all tests test the same thing, moron. Even you should know that.

A test given to high school sophomores hardly seems a valid comparison to the firefighter's exam or any exam given to adults.

teenagers have less life experience and most likely didn't have a set of specific set of material in a narrowly defined subject area on which the questions on the test were based.

nik is looking forward to being a sophomore, and therefore must recuse him/herself from answering.

What's really happening is that every time someone shows your position is wrong you move to another one, moving the goal posts as I call it frequently ... so then we shoot there and hit, then you change again. You are a rabbit that has already been shot but doesn't realize you should be laying down now.

Maybe like saying there is nothing other than intelligence which could cause a disparate racial impact to be related to race? And then....saying that theres nothing other than intelligence or US based?

Yeah. Your projecting a little bit, bitch.

Really? No, I didn't change my reasons, sorry, thanks for showing your foolishness though, I merely shot at the new goalpost you made as well as kept my aim at the old one ... no projection, I have not ditched my first answer, just added another possibility to cover your new goal. Both of which are very valid and show that tests are not racist.

Really? You didn't change?

No you can't, either the tests are not racist because all races are equal and should be able to answer the questions or .... one race is less intelligent and therefore the tests are racist because the less intelligent race cannot answer the questions. This one has no gray area, either true equality (the tests are therefore not influenced by race) or separate but equal (which means one race is in fact inferior to the other).

Please point to where exactly in the above quote you left room for a third option. Thanks.

You said to show you a test where whites did 50% better than blacks to "prove" it. I did. And now you want to say thats not proof?

Yeah, as usual, you are just a lying sack of shit.

Not all tests test the same thing, moron. Even you should know that.

A test given to high school sophomores hardly seems a valid comparison to the firefighter's exam or any exam given to adults.

teenagers have less life experience and most likely didn't have a set of specific set of material in a narrowly defined subject area on which the questions on the test were based.

nik is looking forward to being a sophomore, and therefore must recuse him/herself from answering.

Hmm, except I did answer it. You must be projecting again.

so in conclusion, we must write one test for black people and another for white people,, is that the deal?? or do we do "show and tell:?
Hopefully they'll have show and tell interpreters standing by for the dyslexic guy they will now be forced to promote.

funny that! A dyslexic guy passed a test African Americans could not pass! Funny that! :lol:

Maybe like saying there is nothing other than intelligence which could cause a disparate racial impact to be related to race? And then....saying that theres nothing other than intelligence or US based?

Yeah. Your projecting a little bit, bitch.

Really? No, I didn't change my reasons, sorry, thanks for showing your foolishness though, I merely shot at the new goalpost you made as well as kept my aim at the old one ... no projection, I have not ditched my first answer, just added another possibility to cover your new goal. Both of which are very valid and show that tests are not racist.

No you can't, either the tests are not racist because all races are equal and should be able to answer the questions or .... one race is less intelligent and therefore the tests are racist because the less intelligent race cannot answer the questions. This one has no gray area, either true equality (the tests are therefore not influenced by race) or separate but equal (which means one race is in fact inferior to the other).

Please point to where exactly in the above quote you left room for a third option. Thanks.

No, I didn't change, I added ... huge difference.

So again I ask, which angle are you sticking to? I offered counters to both your angles, now which one is it? How do you think they are racially biased?

1. The intelligence of one race is lower than the other, so any test requiring intelligence is racist.

or

2. They were not trained in the US because only the white ones were trained in the US and they have to tailor the test to their "culture" or language.

So again I ask, which angle are you sticking to? I offered counters to both your angles, now which one is it? How do you think they are racially biased?

1. The intelligence of one race is lower than the other, so any test requiring intelligence is racist.

or

2. They were not trained in the US because only the white ones were trained in the US and they have to tailor the test to their "culture" or language.

so we lower the intellect of the entire fire department? Is that what you are saying???

Hmm, except I did answer it. You must be projecting again.

your failure to recuse yourself is no reflection on me, dolt.
keep swinging. perhaps you could file as an amicus curiae for the plaintiff in the doomed countersuit to which you've alluded.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

stooge

or

so we lower the intellect of the entire fire department? Is that what you are saying???

Willow ... point your guns at the real enemy here ... ;)

or

When you say something has only TWO options and NO grey area and you want to add a THIRD option that is:

1) A change.

2) Not a change.

Lets see how well you can do on this test!

Sounds like a fair judgement to me.

It's an absurd to assume a cultural bias and throw out the results of a professional test like that.

What evidence was produced that showed this bias?

These guys were tested about firefighting!

Affirmative action is not a suicide pact.

or

Willow ... point your guns at the real enemy here ... ;)

:eusa_shhh: just answer the question counselor! :eusa_whistle:

or

When you say something has only TWO options and NO grey area and you want to add a THIRD option that is:

1) A change.

2) Not a change.

Okay, now you are completely off your rocker ...

Answer the real question, how is this test racially biased? I am waiting for your new reasoning so I can shoot that down to.

or

1) A change.

2) Not a change.

Answer the real question, how is this test racially biased? I am waiting for your new reasoning so I can shoot that down to.

the only answer he and the city council of New Haven have/had is "African Americans did not do well."

or

1) A change.

2) Not a change.

I don't know how it is.

1) A change.

2) Not a change.

I don't know how it is.

then shut the fuck up, asshole.

mmkay?
thanks in advance

1) A change.

2) Not a change.

I don't know how it is.

There you are, so you finally see that tests are not racist ... at least I hope so.

I don't know how it is.

then shut the fuck up, asshole.

I'll do what I want, ****.

That you don't know how something has a trait doesn't mean that it doesn't have that trait, or that you can't see that trait.

This is simple stuff, retard. Even you should be able to figure this one out, Del.

Forum List

Back