Justice Department sues Missouri over new gun law

Yeah....we have no where to hold criminals....gee, you would think someone would invent something where we can house people who break the law....

I have no idea why you aren't interested in being honest here.

I have no idea why you aren't interested in being honest here.

I am.......you lock up the illegals.......you build camps or prisons to hold them......but, the best way? Don't let them in in the first place....

I am.......you lock up the illegals.......you build camps or prisons to hold them......but, the best way? Don't let them in in the first place....

You let me know when you pay for that to happen and when it happens.

You let me know when you pay for that to happen and when it happens.
There are empty prisons all across America that could be brought back up to snuff good enough to house them.

There are two setting empty in my AO that the feds wanted to buy to house illegal women and their spawn but that got nixed when the dems took over.....Last I heard the National Guard was buying it.

Sure there would be costs involved but if the illegals knew that when caught they would have to sit behind bars and await their hearings maybe they might not think the juice was worth the squeeze and stay in whatever shit-hole they hail from.

Not there isnt and people don't go to prison over a misdemeanor.
LOL....I think I have a better bead on all things "prison" than you do....Just off the top of my head i can think if eight in my state. Perfectly good 150+ man units just sitting idle. Then I know of one 500 kid juvie unit sitting empty.

That and a illegal is a walking crime. They broke the law when they entered our country uninvited.

Hell, a secure enough compound can be erected to house them. A POW camp was cobbled together in my AO to house 1200 German POWs in just a couple months and there was a sister camp about 25 miles away of about the same size erected at the same time so if the will is there it can easily be done. ;)

LOL....I think I have a better bead on all things "prison" than you do....Just off the top of my head i can think if eight in my state. Perfectly good 150+ man units just sitting idle. Then I know of one 500 kid juvie unit sitting empty.

No you don't.

That and a illegal is a walking crime. They broke the law when they entered our country uninvited.

It's a misdemeanor.

Hell, a secure enough compound can be erected to house them. A POW camp was cobbled together in my AO to house 1200 German POWs in just a couple months and there was a sister camp about 25 miles away of about the same size erected at the same time so if the will is there it can easily be done. ;)

You want to treat people guilty of a misdemeanor like the Nazi's treated war prisoners?

No you don't.

It's a misdemeanor.

You want to treat people guilty of a misdemeanor like the Nazi's treated war prisoners?
LOL....Way to twist what I said.....They were US soil facilities built to house German POWs.....And yes they would be plenty good enough to house foreign invaders. Hell my FIL help build the one just outside of town. Basically the same model of wooden barracks that defense plants would erect around their plants for their workers, and prior to that the same ones used for CCC camps.

Oh, the German Wehrmacht POWs worked at local farms and orchards if they wanted and they never had any problems with them. Some were even invited to stay after the war.

Now a couple hundred Waffen SS troops were housed 25 miles away with the Italian POWs but they were not allowed outside the compound.

LOL....Way to twist what I said.....They were US soil facilities built to house German POWs.....And yes they would be plenty good enough to house foreign invaders. Hell my FIL help build the one just outside of town. Basically the same wooden barracks that defense plants would erect around their plants.

Oh, the German Wehrmacht POWs worked at local farms and orchards if they wanted and they never had any problems with them. Some were even invited to stay after the war.

Now a couple hundred Waffen SS troops were housed 25 miles away with the Italian POWs but they were not allowed outside the compound.

You want to build prisons to hold people committing a misdemeanor as opposed to address a business hiring them. You want to spend billions as opposed to what could be done for little.

You want to build prisons to hold people committing a misdemeanor as opposed to address a business hiring them. You want to spend billions as opposed to what could be done for little.
Yes and in a just world those that employ them would be mixed in with them to sort itself out.....Money well spent given what is wasted. ;)

Yes and in a just world those that employ them would be mixed in with them to sort itself out.....Money well spent given what is wasted. ;)

I'm just watching on the news about how the Fed's can't even staff the prisons they run now.

I'm just watching on the news about how the Fed's can't even staff the prisons they run now.
It would not take much in the way of security staff, just enough to keep them behind the razor wire. Social worker-type drones could handle most of the inside duties along with a head dietician to train the cooks, plan meals etc.. The detainees would do everything else like cooking, laundry, etc like at any prison.

I ran a 200 man minimum security unit (felons) with 8 COs on day shift and three at night. Of course that did not account for the paper pushers, there were a few of those.

Justice Department sues Missouri over new gun law
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — The Department of Justice on Wednesday sued Missouri over a contested new law banning local police from enforcing federal gun laws just days after pulling out of a state crime-fighting partnership.
The Justice Department has said the law, which declares “invalid” federal gun regulations that don’t have an equivalent in Missouri law, has scared police departments away from helping the federal government fight violent crime. Agencies risk being sued for $50,000 by private citizens who believe their Second Amendment rights have been violated.
U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland said in a statement that the law “impedes criminal law enforcement operations in Missouri.”

LOL....Looks like Merrick Garland is up to his facist tricks again.....My surprised face. 😐
Printz v United States, 1997

Forum List

Back