CDZ Just who can't pay their rent?

Dem shithole cities with $2000 a month rent for a room the size of a small shed........LOL
That’s called supply and demand. Rents are high in areas where income is high.
hahahhahahahahahh-that's NOT supply and demand
supply and demand

/səˌplī ən dəˈmand/
phrase of supply

the amount of a commodity, product, or service available and the desire of buyers for it, considered as factors regulating its price

if the income is high and not much demand, rent goes down
the rental place can't look like shit, either
Yeah you are totally right... supply and demand has nothing to do with housing and rental prices :cuckoo:

I can’t argue with stupid so why even try?
you fkd up!! hahahahhahaha
.....you proved YOU are the stupid one--it's right there--and now you are trying to babblecrap out of it with insults
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
I’m fine letting the conversation stand where it is. Not that anybody else is paying attention or cares about who is right between the two of us. But my point of saying rent prices are a product of supply/demand and high income within communities vs. you saying it isn’t... well it pretty much speaks for itself.
...what you stated is NOT supply and demand --plain and simple
...even in poor areas, the price goes UP if the demand is UP
This is like arguing with a toddler about why 2+2=4. I’m sorry that you don’t understand but I’m not compelled to waste anymore time trying to explain the obvious.
This is like arguing with a toddler about why 2+2=4. I’m sorry that you don’t understand the simpleness of supply and demand.
...income is not in there

Dem shithole cities with $2000 a month rent for a room the size of a small shed........LOL
supply and demand

/səˌplī ən dəˈmand/
phrase of supply

the amount of a commodity, product, or service available and the desire of buyers for it, considered as factors regulating its price

Yeah you are totally right... supply and demand has nothing to do with housing and rental prices :cuckoo:

.....you proved YOU are the stupid one--it's right there--and now you are trying to babblecrap out of it with insults
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
I’m fine letting the conversation stand where it is. Not that anybody else is paying attention or cares about who is right between the two of us. But my point of saying rent prices are a product of supply/demand and high income within communities vs. you saying it isn’t... well it pretty much speaks for itself.
This is like arguing with a toddler about why 2+2=4. I’m sorry that you don’t understand but I’m not compelled to waste anymore time trying to explain the obvious.
This is like arguing with a toddler about why 2+2=4. I’m sorry that you don’t understand the simpleness of supply and demand.
I didn’t say income was part of supply and demand. But both are factors in housing and rent prices

supply and demand

/səˌplī ən dəˈmand/
phrase of supply

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
I didn’t say income was part of supply and demand. But both are factors in housing and rent prices
this is your post:
''''''That’s called supply and demand. Rents are high in areas where income is high.'''''
.....mmmmmmmmmm...sure does look like you did
..rents are low where income is low----???? No shit!!!!!!!!
..actually, that's no all of it and not necessarily true--
..if people with high income need a place to live and there is high demand--guess what? they ''HAVE'' to live in a poor area
..there are a lot of factors--crime, for one .....schools.....

I share an extremely large home, right on the water, with my brother. The house is about 5,600 square feet and three floors. It's got six bedrooms (one of which is my office and one his) and four and a half bathrooms. We could probably go a week without seeing each other. We're both single, so this is a good arrangement, but we've always been very close and have always been each other's best friend.

Front of house:

View attachment 378212

Back of house:

View attachment 378204

The dock:

View attachment 378206

There's no more mortgage on the place (paid off from the estate which we inherited from our aunt two years ago). We have utilities, taxes and trash service. That's about it. While we claim St. Augustine as the city where we live, we're actually out in an unincorporated area along the St. John's River.

We've had friends stay with us during this pandemic; folks who lost their jobs and couldn't pay rent, folks who were renting and the owners decided to sell, etc. My brother and I are fortunate to be pretty well off and don't need additional income from friends. Besides, when they start paying, they stop being friends and start being clients.

When the pandemic started, I didn't file for unemployment. I've worked for myself for years, I have money, so thought "fuck it". Then, one day, I jump onto my online banking and see that Uncle Sam had deposited $1,200 into my bank account. Talking to my Mom (who is long retired and turned 86 yesterday) I found out they deposited $1,200 into her bank account, as well.

We kept the money, of course, but I have to believe if they're really interested in helping the people who truly need it, they need to get a bit more on the stick.

I think spent my $1,200 on Maker's Mark...
Did your friends who stayed with you and couldn’t pay rent file for unemployment?

Two did, but Florida's been notoriously slow with getting things approved. I know people who filed back in April and are still waiting.

The longest anyone stayed with us was just shy of three weeks. While we didn't charge her anything, her appreciation was evident by the amount of cooking and cleaning she did around here...
You sound like good people. Thanks for sharing your story. All the best!

It's what friends do. It's how we were raised...

In large heavily populated areas when the very wealthy corporations move into areas like the greater northern bay area of California, they push the demand for housing & increase the cost of both home buying and rental property. This is happing in other states like Texas, Then the greedy capitalize on this event and raise housing & rental cost to above the maximum that the traffic can handle. Greed rules.
When Silicon Valley was in full bloom, working people got jobs that paid well. Chip and circuit board manufacturing was booming. Then environmentalists moved in and made it next to impossible for those companies to survive.

supply and demand

/səˌplī ən dəˈmand/
phrase of supply

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
this is your post:
''''''That’s called supply and demand. Rents are high in areas where income is high.'''''
..if people with high income need a place to live and there is high demand--guess what? they ''HAVE'' to live in a poor area
Yeah no shit. But average income in SF and NY is 6 digit that’s why rents and housing are extraordinary high. As opposed Hicktown USA population 3000 where average wage is 40k, where the rents are obviously going to be lower. So income drives pricing as does supply/demand. Which is why we see higher prices in coastal regions and near city centers.

here I am explaining the obvious right after I said I wasn’t going to waste my time. I guess your trolling got me. Congrats.
...rents are high in Cali because it's the most populated state!!!!! with mucho immigrants and illegals..the immigrant capital of the US
...NYC has the largest population density
NY high population
more people = higher prices
...if there were a great supply of rental properties in NYC and less demand [ even if they were rich!!!! ] the prices would go down

I share an extremely large home, right on the water, with my brother. The house is about 5,600 square feet and three floors. It's got six bedrooms (one of which is my office and one his) and four and a half bathrooms. We could probably go a week without seeing each other. We're both single, so this is a good arrangement, but we've always been very close and have always been each other's best friend.

Front of house:

View attachment 378212

Back of house:

View attachment 378204

The dock:

View attachment 378206

There's no more mortgage on the place (paid off from the estate which we inherited from our aunt two years ago). We have utilities, taxes and trash service. That's about it. While we claim St. Augustine as the city where we live, we're actually out in an unincorporated area along the St. John's River.

We've had friends stay with us during this pandemic; folks who lost their jobs and couldn't pay rent, folks who were renting and the owners decided to sell, etc. My brother and I are fortunate to be pretty well off and don't need additional income from friends. Besides, when they start paying, they stop being friends and start being clients.

When the pandemic started, I didn't file for unemployment. I've worked for myself for years, I have money, so thought "fuck it". Then, one day, I jump onto my online banking and see that Uncle Sam had deposited $1,200 into my bank account. Talking to my Mom (who is long retired and turned 86 yesterday) I found out they deposited $1,200 into her bank account, as well.

We kept the money, of course, but I have to believe if they're really interested in helping the people who truly need it, they need to get a bit more on the stick.

I think spent my $1,200 on Maker's Mark...
Did your friends who stayed with you and couldn’t pay rent file for unemployment?

Two did, but Florida's been notoriously slow with getting things approved. I know people who filed back in April and are still waiting.

The longest anyone stayed with us was just shy of three weeks. While we didn't charge her anything, her appreciation was evident by the amount of cooking and cleaning she did around here...
You sound like good people. Thanks for sharing your story. All the best!

It's what friends do. It's how we were raised...
Agreed. I live in California in a small town which is currently on fire and under evacuation. I’m 2 miles from the mandatory evacuation zone so we have our stuff packed and ready to go should the winds shift. But I’ve spend most the week in the hot zone helping people gather their belongings. 4 people I know have lost everything. But it is heartening to see this community pull together to help eachother and to support the firemen who are risking their lives out there.

I wish our country could have done the same with the COVID situation. But the political infighting that has resulted in this time of crisis is so disgusting. I don’t know where we go from here as a country if we can’t come together in times of crisis. That’s where the sole of America should shine. I’m worried for our country.I know there are good people out there. We just need to shine a spotlight on them and away from the wingnut trolls

supply and demand

/səˌplī ən dəˈmand/
phrase of supply

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
this is your post:
Yeah no shit. But average income in SF and NY is 6 digit that’s why rents and housing are extraordinary high. As opposed Hicktown USA population 3000 where average wage is 40k, where the rents are obviously going to be lower. So income drives pricing as does supply/demand. Which is why we see higher prices in coastal regions and near city centers.

here I am explaining the obvious right after I said I wasn’t going to waste my time. I guess your trolling got me. Congrats.
...rents are high in Cali because it's the most populated state!!!!! with mucho immigrants and illegals..the immigrant capital of the US
NY high population
...if there were a great supply of rental properties in NYC and less demand [ even if they were rich!!!! ] the prices would go down
You literally just made the supply/demand case that you argued with me about. Go to sleep, you need a nap. I’m done with this stupidity

supply and demand

/səˌplī ən dəˈmand/
phrase of supply

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
this is your post:

NY high population
You literally just made the supply/demand case that you argued with me about. Go to sleep, you need a nap. I’m done with this stupidity
but you have provided nothing but babble crap--while I provided evidence
hahahahahahhahahaaha

NY high population
US States - Ranked by Population 2020 more people = higher prices
One of the problems, big Cities, such as San Francisco, have imposed rent controls which favors stagnancy in rental properties. Also, it's not only controlling what a landlord can charge but often, how long the lessee has lived there. This is government control of a large economic swath of any big city.

It's called not in my back yard policies...............It's called excessive regulations for building more housing.............It's called excessive taxation for land...............

In the past I read studies that it cost another 100k to build a home in Cali for regulations and permitting........face it....the corrupt politicians are fleecing the people of that state wanting their dang cut on anything.............I don't care how you try to spin it..............You have a fucked up state when people have to pay that kind of money for something I call a shed..........enjoy..........stay the fuck out of our state.

supply and demand

/səˌplī ən dəˈmand/
phrase of supply

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
this is your post:

NY high population
hahahahahahhahahaaha
You’re evidence backed up my original argument

I love
It's called not in my back yard policies...............It's called excessive regulations for building more housing.............It's called excessive taxation for land...............

In the past I read studies that it cost another 100k to build a home in Cali for regulations and permitting........face it....the corrupt politicians are fleecing the people of that state wanting their dang cut on anything.............I don't care how you try to spin it..............You have a fucked up state when people have to pay that kind of money for something I call a shed..........enjoy..........stay the fuck out of our state.
I live in California and the costs and time expenditures associated with building permits is absurd. In my community they use these regulations to stifle growth which is good in the fact that we aren’t easily getting over run by outside money and conjesting the community that we love but on the other side it it’s a huge pain in the ass to get anything done and it prices out the younger generation who want to build a home and life here.

supply and demand

/səˌplī ən dəˈmand/
phrase of supply

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
this is your post:

NY high population
hahahahahahhahahaaha
your original argument is income is supply and demand

I love

I live in California and the costs and time expenditures associated with building permits is absurd. In my community they use these regulations to stifle growth which is good in the fact that we aren’t easily getting over run by outside money and conjesting the community that we love but on the other side it it’s a huge pain in the ass to get anything done and it prices out the younger generation who want to build a home and life here.
And you wonder why people live on the streets............your politicians have ensured low supply.........so you end up with 2 classes of people...........elitist upper class...........a poor class with the MIDDLE CLASS gone.........because they have to spend everything to have a roof over their head and have food..............

Is that the American Dream???????????? That is done via policy..........not supply and demand because the supply has been purposely lowered by politicians.

Much of building regulations were/are meant topromote more stable housing Markets. That is, generally, RE Markets do better when improvements (especially SFRs in subdivisions) conform to general land uses, structures, size, etc. For instance, one would not be wise to build a 3,000 sq.ft. (GLA) in an area where most homes are say: 1,000 sq.ft. (GLA).

supply and demand

/səˌplī ən dəˈmand/
phrase of supply

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
this is your post:

NY high population
hahahahahahhahahaaha
No that wasn’t my argument.... that’s what you’re trying to make it so you can win some fake battle with a lib. Grow up

Much of building regulations were/are meant topromote more stable housing Markets. That is, generally, RE Markets do better when improvements (especially SFRs in subdivisions) conform to general land uses, structures, size, etc. For instance, one would not be wise to build a 3,000 sq.ft. (GLA) in an area where most homes are say: 1,000 sq.ft. (GLA).
Agreed. In the case of my community they use building permits plus water credits to control growth of the community. My neighbor had to pay $15k to get a permit to build a garage/workshop on his property 10 years ago. And despite having a well could not get a permit to build a bathroom in it. That’s just insane IMO

supply and demand

/səˌplī ən dəˈmand/
phrase of supply

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
this is your post:

NY high population
hahahahahahhahahaaha
No that wasn’t my argument.... that’s what you’re trying to make it so you can win some fake battle with a lib. Grow up
I've already won--I destroyed you with evidence .....
you put income in your post --stop trying to deny it

Agreed. In the case of my community they use building permits plus water credits to control growth of the community. My neighbor had to pay $15k to get a permit to build a garage/workshop on his property 10 years ago. And despite having a well could not get a permit to build a bathroom in it. That’s just insane IMO
So.............why do you keep electing those who will continue to do that then............WHY? Do you enjoy regs.....and low supply.........do you enjoy the higher power bills..........do you enjoy the high property taxes........

Why do you need a minimum wage at 15.............you already know that answer............and in law suites with low permit costs would help increase supplies............not to mention high rises for massive increases in supply............can't happen when the politicians force everythings price through the roof........and have to be bribed to get a building permit.

Forum List

Back