Just over half of U.S. corporations are considering layoffs, beginning with remote workers.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill

Well this isn't good.
perhaps Joe can pull workers out of the U.S. Strategic worker reserve to stave this off for midterms.

Don't people who work from home prevent the spread of covid and decrease the pollution in the air which the world is spending trillions to apparently clean up?

Well this isn't good.
perhaps Joe can pull workers out of the U.S. Strategic worker reserve to stave this off for midterms.
Does this mean we no longer have a labor shortage and bottlenecks in the supply train?

Why pay a stay-at-Homer when you can hire two H2Bs at half the price?
Or, why pay a spoiled stay-at-homer who runs errands during the day, sneaks out for a couple of hours to see a movie, plays a set or two of tennis, and people-watches at Starbucks when you can hire someone willing to show up at the office who will work all day?

Or, why pay a spoiled stay-at-homer who runs errands during the day, sneaks out for a couple of hours to see a movie, plays a set or two of tennis, and people-watches at Starbucks when you can hire someone willing to show up at the office who will work all day?
That's not your business. So someone stays at home. If they aren't collecting any benefits why do you think they have to be working? What difference does it make for the country? The answer is nothing.

That's not your business. So someone stays at home. If they aren't collecting any benefits why do you think they have to be working? What difference does it make for the country? The answer is nothing.
Of course it’s my business…..especially when it’s a government worker. We are paying good salaries for these people to produce for us, not go to the movies.

It Is also time theft. It is shameful how you libs are fine with lazy, cheating people.

If the job's getting done, what does it matter where or when it's being done?

If the job's getting done, what does it matter where or when it's being done?
Because plenty of these jobs are “getting done” because they’ve been reduced to only requiring a half-day’s work. Low productivity is becoming the norm in America, thanks to Dems.

Because plenty of these jobs are “getting done” because they’ve been reduced to only requiring a half-day’s work. Low productivity is becoming the norm in America, thanks to Dems.
Bullshit!

The Fed waited a year too long to address inflation, so now it has to catch up by putting its boot on the throat of the economy.

This certainly wouldn't be any surprise, sad as it is.
For the first time in forever, I agree with you. The Fed should have gotten a hold of this a year ago.

It's ridiculous in my AO.....Scores upon scores of 30-somethings tooling around in their newer "covid-mobiles" at 1100 in the morning.

Damn-it, us oldsters used to have the town all to ourselves. ;)

BTW....I meant to type H1B.

Not bullshit. I would know. I am surrounded by government workers who admit it, and laugh about it.
You are not wrong.....My wife was one of those till she retired.....At least she did not leave the house but there was a lot of "clicking" to stay logged-in while she made lunch or cleaned the house.

LOL....I just asked her about it and she said she that at the time she could pull-up who was still logged in and most of her "Homer" co-workers would be MIA for a couple hours at a time.....Not a word was said about it.

Even Rand Paul stood on the floor of the Senate and lamented how DC looked like a ghost town long after .gov employees should have been back. They are still gone in my wife's old department.

Forum List

Back