Just over half of U.S. corporations are considering layoffs, beginning with remote workers.

That's the employers' fault and has nothing to do with where the employee works. I'm an IT contractor, and I literally don't have to tell my employer anything that I'm doing or where I am as long as the clients are billed properly and kept happy. Before Covid, I had a few clients that I would visit once or twice a week for face time, but not now. Now I'm completely remote and I love it.

If the work can be done remotely, there's no reason for massive office buildings and lengthy commutes anymore and cities will have to find a use for all that unused space. Hmmm, maybe some otherwise homeless people living in what used to be the CEO's office would be poetic justice.
But the work is NOT being done remotely - not eight hours worth. And that’s what they’re being paid for. Liberals have so dumbed down worker requirements that “getting the job done” is now what can be done in fours hours.

That means government could fire half of its workforce, require the remaining to work a FULL day, consolidate workers into half the buildings, and repurpose the other half into affordable studios for the working poor.

The US has the most efficient means of production in zee vourld, and it is the most automated.
And that's the only thing that can actually bring manufacturing back to the US. We don't need 100,000 bodies on assembly lines anymore, we need a few dozen monitoring the automated systems. That is one reason why we can honestly say that all those great manufacturing jobs are gone from the US and never coming back. We've discovered that we simply don't need to pay people big bucks to do tedious manual labor, we can either pay someone in another country a lot less or install automated systems that run a whole lot cheaper.

But the work is NOT being done remotely - not eight hours worth. And that’s what they’re being paid for. Liberals have so dumbed down worker requirements that “getting the job done” is now what can be done in fours hours.

That means government could fire half of its workforce, require the remaining to work a FULL day, consolidate workers into half the buildings, and repurpose the other half into affordable studios for the working poor.
You are most likely correct about that.

Again, if the job is getting done to the satisfaction of the employer, what difference does it make where or when it's getting done?
The difference (as far as the .gov goes) is that first/second line supervision is doing the same thing and there is 0 accountability.

Remember when I said how the wife could see who was still logged-on during the course of the work day?....That included supervisors.

Well this isn't good.
perhaps Joe can pull workers out of the U.S. Strategic worker reserve to stave this off for midterms.

All of them can come substitute teach in schools.

Oh wait, maybe they don't want to be hit, kicked, bitten and spit at only to be chastised and asked "what did you do wrong"?

Or be treated like that while the public believes you're just busy "indoctrinating" all day long. Sure. Sure we are. Yep.

The kids are not all right. Don't believe me? Teachers are leaving the job in the middle of the day and we can't get subs.

Forum List

Back