Just One Of 300,000

Unofficial estimates put the number of marchers attending today's Peoples Climate March at 300k. An impressive number.

My unbelievably perfect 18 y/o daughter was there among them. Thankfully, we've got no shortage of forward thinking........wise young people ready to do what's right for this planet and those who inhabit it.

One step at a time.

I'll be damned. My highly intelligent, not-to-mention handsome (and nice) son was there, too!
My three fantastic, brighter than average kids were not there. They were laughing at them though ;)

Why do I think you made up the part about your kids laughing at "them"?

You're right. So, are you deciding that my son accepts and regurgitates liberal dogma? Or that he's goth?

I'm not deciding, I'm guessing. You've revealed you're a liberal from NYC (or I picked up that impression along the way) and NYC is a liberal monoculture, so I'm presuming that you're a proud mom because your son goes along with the fashionable nonsense and you've mistakenly attributed his fitting in with the culture as arsing from his "free and critical thinking" because liberals have a lot of ego invested in believing that they are free and critical thinkers, unlike the mouth-breathing conservatives in fly-over country.

I know enough liberals, because I'm surrounded by them at work, that I detect their behavioral quirks. All I'm doing is working with general knowledge and using it to devise a parsimonious explanation. If your son was Alex P. Keaton and you were boasting about his being a free and critical thinker, then I'd have to eat my words and give kudos to mom for raising a kid who bucks family tradition and the cultural environment of his city/school/social network, for that kid would have had to arrive at his world view without family or social support, in other words, he'd have had to have followed a free and critical thinking path to be the stand-out.

Have fun with your guessing game.

At this point it's not guessing anymore.

Unofficial estimates put the number of marchers attending today's Peoples Climate March at 300k. An impressive number.

My unbelievably perfect 18 y/o daughter was there among them. Thankfully, we've got no shortage of forward thinking........wise young people ready to do what's right for this planet and those who inhabit it.

One step at a time.

I'll be damned. My highly intelligent, not-to-mention handsome (and nice) son was there, too!
My three fantastic, brighter than average kids were not there. They were laughing at them though ;)

Because you probably can't wrap your brain around young adults not being liberal tools

One step at a time.

Because you probably can't wrap your brain around young adults not being liberal tools

No. It is because I think you made it up. I think you felt it would be a cute thing to say and that it has no basis in reality. Not really a big deal.....you were just making a point. But it was bullshit nonetheless.

I know several young adults who are not liberal. I communicate with young adults on a regular basis. My bullshit detector is finely tuned.

[

No. It is because I think you made it up. I think you felt it would be a cute thing to say and that it has no basis in reality. Not really a big deal.....you were just making a point. But it was bullshit nonetheless.

I know several young adults who are not liberal. I communicate with young adults on a regular basis. My bullshit detector is finely tuned.
Um well....that would be bs :lol:

[

Sad. You felt the need to make up something. Reality isn't snarky enough for you. I get it.

With all the people laughing at you guys, and those protesting - you need to grasp at the hope I'm fibbing?

I get it. I really do. You have my sincere condolences. Most cult members do.

My talented and gifted son, my grown and married sons, my beautiful and extraordinary daughter and my talented and gifted nephew and my niece the doctor...

Nope, none of them were there.

You're right. So, are you deciding that my son accepts and regurgitates liberal dogma? Or that he's goth?

I'm not deciding, I'm guessing. You've revealed you're a liberal from NYC (or I picked up that impression along the way) and NYC is a liberal monoculture, so I'm presuming that you're a proud mom because your son goes along with the fashionable nonsense and you've mistakenly attributed his fitting in with the culture as arsing from his "free and critical thinking" because liberals have a lot of ego invested in believing that they are free and critical thinkers, unlike the mouth-breathing conservatives in fly-over country.

I know enough liberals, because I'm surrounded by them at work, that I detect their behavioral quirks. All I'm doing is working with general knowledge and using it to devise a parsimonious explanation. If your son was Alex P. Keaton and you were boasting about his being a free and critical thinker, then I'd have to eat my words and give kudos to mom for raising a kid who bucks family tradition and the cultural environment of his city/school/social network, for that kid would have had to arrive at his world view without family or social support, in other words, he'd have had to have followed a free and critical thinking path to be the stand-out.

Well, if you're saying these things as a certainty, you'd be wrong.

Best to stick to the story that you're "guessing."

Well, if you're saying these things as a certainty, you'd be wrong.

Best to stick to the story that you're "guessing."

Share with us some of this "free and critical thinking" of your son's which doesn't constitute liberal groupthink. I'm interested. What's the most out of the ordinary position that he holds which he arrived at by analyzing the world and concluding that most of those people around him are wrong?

[

Sad. You felt the need to make up something. Reality isn't snarky enough for you. I get it.

Sadder still is that there are some on the board who believe that critical, independent thinkers have to think exactly like them.

Share with us some of this "free and critical thinking" of your son's which doesn't constitute liberal groupthink. I'm interested. What's the most out of the ordinary position that he holds which he arrived at by analyzing the world and concluding that most of those people around him are wrong?

I'm sure you're interested. You're interested in mocking someone's thoughts and beliefs.

Do you imagine that I or my son have something to prove to you? Suffice it to say, you are wrong. I'm not playing the game of dissecting his thought processes to a stranger online. If you want to discuss something with me, about my opinions, that's a different story.

Got it?

I'm sure you're interested. You're interested in mocking someone's thoughts and beliefs.

Do you imagine that I or my son have something to prove to you? Suffice it to say, you are wrong. I'm not playing the game of dissecting his thought processes to a stranger online. If you want to discuss something with me, about my opinions, that's a different story.

Got it?

Which proud mama put her son's "free and critical thinking" into the discussion?

Got it?

Which proud mama put her son's "free and critical thinking" into the discussion?

And now this proud mama is ending the discussion about her kid. I might also have talked about his intelligence, but I'm not putting a report card up here for your perusal.

Do you understand? Are you cognizant of these facts? Are you going to handle this refusal with a modicum of class or are you going to keep prodding like a creepy online asshole?

Got it?

And now this proud mama is ending the discussion about her kid. I might also have talked about his intelligence, but I'm not putting a report card up here for your perusal.

Do you understand? Are you cognizant of these facts? Are you going to handle this refusal with a modicum of class or are you going to keep prodding like a creepy online asshole?
It's not about your kid, it's about you, as a liberal, equating liberal dogma with "free and critical thinking." The conceit and delusion of liberals is off-putting. That's why I wanted to see an example of what YOU considered "free and critical thinking." You're the one who categorized your kid that way, he didn't do it to himself, so this is about YOU and YOUR STANDARDS.

Popping the bubble of your delusion is the focus here.

Here's a lesson for you - don't use your kids as props to support your liberal dogmatic views.

Got it?

It's not about your kid, it's about you, as a liberal, equating liberal dogma with "free and critical thinking." The conceit and delusion of liberals is off-putting. That's why I wanted to see an example of what YOU considered "free and critical thinking." You're the one who categorized your kid that way, he didn't do it to himself, so this is about YOU and YOUR STANDARDS.

Popping the bubble of your delusion is the focus here.

Here's a lesson for you - don't use your kids as props to support your liberal dogmatic views.

Who said he agrees with me on issues?

You're the one making assumptions not in evidence.

The fact that he argues with me regularly is a sign of his thinking skills. God, you are the deluded one, who thinks that I can only be proud of a child who thinks exactly as I do.

You remind me why I don't usually share personal information on message boards.

Sad. You felt the need to make up something. Reality isn't snarky enough for you. I get
it.

Sadder still is that there are some on the board who believe that critical, independent thinkers have to think exactly like them.[/QUOTE]

Au contraire mon ami. Nothi g better than mixing it up with someone that has has original thoughts. Thoose folks are not generally found in mass protests carrying a slogan that was suggested to them by the parade organizers.

Last edited:
Au contraire mon ami. Nothi g better than mixing it up with someone that has has original thoughts. Thoose folks are not generally found in mass protests carrying a slogan that was suggested to them by the parade organizers.

Actually, at mass protests, as we've seen in the threads covering this environmental march, there are several gradations of views, from the extreme to the moderate.

Every clown is drawn to a spotlight. The march was a big spotlight. This is how messy democracy works.

[

Sadder still is that there are some on the board who believe that critical, independent thinkers have to think exactly like them.
Au contraire mon ami. Nothi g better than mixing it up with someone that has has original thoughts. Thoose folks are not generally found in mass protests carrying a slogan that was suggested to them by the parade organizers.[/QUOTE]

That is a bullshit blanket indictment of hundreds of thousands of people.

If you can guess what my daughter's ( and her friends ) sign said.....I'll give you $1000. Since you think it was a slogan suggested by organizers, you shouldn't have any trouble. I'll give you unlimited guesses.

Hint.......it was a very original thought.

Forum List

Back