Just bought reading glasses on Amazon.

I break, or mar the lenses, on my drugstore reading glasses often, so I thought I'd take a chance and buy the cheap, multi-pack readers that Amazon offers. I was delighted with my purchase as the glasses are exactly the same as the one's I've been buying at Walgreen's.

Walgreen's price: $20.00/pr.
Amazon's price: $3.00/pr. 5-pack.

Of course they are all imported.

Hope this helps someone.
/----/ Back before I had eye surgery and no longer need glasses, my opthomologist said don't buy the drugstore reading glasses because each of your eyes has a different focal level. You need prescription glasses. Single focus are cheap enough, and you can get a plastic coating to prevent scratches.

/----/ Back before I had eye surgery and no longer need glasses, my opthomologist said don't buy the drugstore reading glasses because each of your eyes has a different focal level. You need prescription glasses. Single focus are cheap enough, and you can get a plastic coating to prevent scratches.
I'm going in for cataract eye surgery soon. Hopefully I won't need prescription reading glasses.

I break, or mar the lenses, on my drugstore reading glasses often, so I thought I'd take a chance and buy the cheap, multi-pack readers that Amazon offers. I was delighted with my purchase as the glasses are exactly the same as the one's I've been buying at Walgreen's.

Walgreen's price: $20.00/pr.
Amazon's price: $3.00/pr. 5-pack.

Of course they are all imported.

Hope this helps someone.
I tried Amazon for a while. They let me read some things but not everything and my eyes still hurt somewhat. I now have two pairs of varifocals from Specsavers. They were sold as two pairs for one. I don't know if you have had your eyes tests but I'd say there are things which would suggest it better to get prescription.

Do you need all day distance glasses as well as reading ones?
Do you have astigmatism.
Do your eyes feel comfortable wearing them

Those are mine. There will be more. I think it is worth getting your eyes tested just to know what they are like. We have free eye tests in the UK most of the time.

I can read everything now with my new glasses and as I said my eyes are comfortable. Like yourself I had a problem with them. With me it was stepping on them. I have two different chains to keep them round my neck. Both pairs are nice but at the moment I am tending to wear one when alone and keep the other for when I am seeing people. For me they are definitely worth it.

I tried Amazon for a while. They let me read some things but not everything and my eyes still hurt somewhat. I now have two pairs of varifocals from Specsavers. They were sold as two pairs for one. I don't know if you have had your eyes tests but I'd say there are things which would suggest it better to get prescription.

Do you need all day distance glasses as well as reading ones?
Do you have astigmatism.
Do your eyes feel comfortable wearing them

Those are mine. There will be more. I think it is worth getting your eyes tested just to know what they are like. We have free eye tests in the UK most of the time.

I can read everything now with my new glasses and as I said my eyes are comfortable. Like yourself I had a problem with them. With me it was stepping on them. I have two different chains to keep them round my neck. Both pairs are nice but at the moment I am tending to wear one when alone and keep the other for when I am seeing people. For me they are definitely worth it.
I'll be getting lens implants (IOL) soon so hopefully I won't need glasses except for close work.

I'm going in for cataract eye surgery soon. Hopefully I won't need prescription reading glasses.
/-----/ GOOD LUCK. I had laser surgery for cataracts PLUS they inserted permanent prescription lenses under my irises so I no longer need prescription glasses. WOW, what a difference. I now have 20/20 vision, but everything is very bright. I have to wear a ball cap inside stores to reduce the glare of LED lights. I always wear polarized sunglasses outdoors to cut down on the glare. I'm not complaining, just warning you.

/-----/ GOOD LUCK. I had laser surgery for cataracts PLUS they inserted permanent prescription lenses under my irises so I no longer need prescription glasses. WOW, what a difference. I now have 20/20 vision, but everything is very bright. I have to wear a ball cap inside stores to reduce the glare of LED lights. I always wear polarized sunglasses outdoors to cut down on the glare. I'm not complaining, just warning you.
I have heard that as well. Also, that glare from car headlights can be annoying. How long have you had your IOL's?

Forum List

Back