Just bought reading glasses on Amazon.

Woodznutz

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2021
I break, or mar the lenses, on my drugstore reading glasses often, so I thought I'd take a chance and buy the cheap, multi-pack readers that Amazon offers. I was delighted with my purchase as the glasses are exactly the same as the one's I've been buying at Walgreen's.

Walgreen's price: $20.00/pr.
Amazon's price: $3.00/pr. 5-pack.

Of course they are all imported.

Hope this helps someone.

I break, or mar the lenses, on my drugstore reading glasses often, so I thought I'd take a chance and buy the cheap, multi-pack readers that Amazon offers. I was delighted with my purchase as the glasses are exactly the same as the one's I've been buying at Walgreen's.

Hope this helps someone.
I think my father could use some of those. He's over 80 years old now. He can't see worth a shit. And he drives around in a brand new Corvette.

At least my brothers and I got him off the Harley.

He shouldn't be speeding around town in a fucking Corvette.

Last edited:
Costco is where I get my readers from.....They serve well enough.
After a point, they stopped doing the job and screwed up range work practice. No line progressive trifocals, coated for glare, and UV good for all distances became the way to go. I find I am much more careful about taking care of them and I do not go through several pairs a year.

The VA gives me my glasses so I have no idea what they cost.
And you don't care about how much fucking money us taxpayers are paying for your non-effective worthless coke bottle glasses. At the most, the only purpose of those glasses is to hide your ugly face so that you don't scare little children.

But you probably do that anyways, like a typical brickie.

Costco is where I get my readers from.....They serve well enough.
Me too. Back when I still used Amazon, I did get three pairs that both my husband and I used and I like them a lot, but I'll give my dollars to Costco before I will Amazon.

Hope this helps someone.
The reading glasses I have ordered from Amazon were far superior to those I used to buy at Walgreens. The quality does vary so your first order may not be all that impressive. I also order bifocal reading glasses and the last supplier’s product was excellent.

I think my father could use some of those. He's over 80 years old now. He can't see worth a shit. And he drives around in a brand new Corvette.

You can't read the ingredients in anything anymore unless you have a pair of reading glasses on.

My half blind father likes to talk about when he first met my mother and worked his ass off at the Jeep factory installing windshields so he could afford to buy his brand new 1958 Corvette to impress the young ladies.

A 1958 Chevy Corvette only had 425 HP. A brand new Chevy Corvette today has well over 700 HP. Some of them have over 900 HP.

They are totally different animals.

Last edited:

Aw, let him be.

You don't need to see to be a baller.

A brand new vette? Pft. Lucky dog...

If you really want to have fun try reading the instructions on a can of spray paint. :omg:
If you're so old that you can't even see and read the large bold "WARNING:" font on the label, just put it down before you accidentally spray it into the cigar hanging out of your mouth and burn half of your face off.

EDIT: When I say "put it down", I don't mean shoot it down like a sick dog or a racoon in your garage, basement or back yard.

Last edited:
If you're so old that can't even see the large bold "WARNING:" font on the label, just put it down before you accidentally spray it into the cigar hanging out of your mouth and burn half of your face off.
All the consumer needs to read is,

Shake can for two minutes.
Wear a mask.
Spray in well ventilated area.
Turn can upside down and spray to clear nozzle.
Recoat within x hours or after x days.

The rest is cya for manufacturer.

Forum List

Back