Jussie Smollet vs. Morton Downey, Jr.

What is OP's point?

Because Downy didn't go to jail....Smollet shoudn't either?

Hey remember that time in 1989 when Conservative Talk show host Morton Downey, Jr. (the Pre-Rush Limbaugh) faked an attack by Neo Nazis in a San Francisco bathroom

Morton Downey Jr. - Wikipedia

In late April 1989, he was involved in an incident in a San Francisco International Airport restroom in which he claimed to have been attacked by neo-Nazis who painted a swastika on his face and attempted to shave his head.[20] Some inconsistencies in Downey's account (e.g., the swastika was painted in reverse, suggesting that Downey had drawn it himself in a mirror), and the failure of the police to find supportive evidence,[21] led many to suspect the incident was a hoax and a ploy for attention.[7][22] In July 1989, his show was canceled, with the owners of the show announcing that the last episode had been taped on June 30, and that no new shows would air after September 15, 1989.

View attachment 247152

Funny thing happened. He didn't go to jail. There wasn't a horrid hew and cry about the moral decay in America.... The country just smirked that some loser was desperately seeking attention.

Imagine that. An appropriate response.

Yup, most of Downey's listeners knew it was bullshit. Jussie's fans, on the other hand, fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Particularly this especially stupid woman (and the 80,000+ retards who "liked" it):

1638912722758.png

Hey remember that time in 1989 when Conservative Talk show host Morton Downey, Jr. (the Pre-Rush Limbaugh) faked an attack by Neo Nazis in a San Francisco bathroom

In late April 1989, he was involved in an incident in a San Francisco International Airport restroom in which he claimed to have been attacked by neo-Nazis who painted a swastika on his face and attempted to shave his head.[20] Some inconsistencies in Downey's account (e.g., the swastika was painted in reverse, suggesting that Downey had drawn it himself in a mirror), and the failure of the police to find supportive evidence,[21] led many to suspect the incident was a hoax and a ploy for attention.[7][22] In July 1989, his show was canceled, with the owners of the show announcing that the last episode had been taped on June 30, and that no new shows would air after September 15, 1989.

View attachment 247152

Funny thing happened. He didn't go to jail. There wasn't a horrid hew and cry about the moral decay in America.... The country just smirked that some loser was desperately seeking attention.

glad you admit Jesse made up the attack

Never denied he did, and if you go back to the first thread on the subject, I was calling bullshit on it when it happened.

I just think continuing to go after the guy after he was made a fool of is over the top.
he was given an out…but continued to deny any responsibly

and still does. there is a great deal of evidence supporting he committed a crime, and simply because he is a liberal and staged this attack for the liberal cause, does not mean he should escape justice

Not sure why you think some folks like this guy should be above the law

he was given an out…but continued to deny any responsibly

and still does. there is a great deal of evidence supporting he committed a crime, and simply because he is a liberal and staged this attack for the liberal cause, does not mean he should escape justice

Not sure why you think some folks like this guy should be above the law

I just don't think continuing to go after him is a good use of resources. We don't prosecute every crime committed. We usually let people off with fines, and frankly, Smollett paid a fine. That should be the end of the matter. In fact, if they manage to get a conviction, it will probably be overturned on grounds of double jeopardy.

Frankly, I think he should have tried to reach a pleas bargain on this... but maybe he thinks that he is charming enough to talk his way out of it. Actors always strike me as a bit weird, probably because they spend so much of their time pretending to be someone else, they don't have the same connection to reality the rest of us have.

But going after him for this is just.... silly. Just like it would have been silly to go after Morton Downey for faking a hate crime 30 years ago.

I just don't think continuing to go after him is a good use of resources. We don't prosecute every crime committed. We usually let people off with fines, and frankly, Smollett paid a fine. That should be the end of the matter. In fact, if they manage to get a conviction, it will probably be overturned on grounds of double jeopardy.

Frankly, I think he should have tried to reach a pleas bargain on this... but maybe he thinks that he is charming enough to talk his way out of it. Actors always strike me as a bit weird, probably because they spend so much of their time pretending to be someone else, they don't have the same connection to reality the rest of us have.

But going after him for this is just.... silly. Just like it would have been silly to go after Morton Downey for faking a hate crime 30 years ago.
what about all the resources used to chase his hoax?

The money and time spent?

He was given an out and decided not to take it. He played on people’s emotions.

Throw the book at him

Sorry you believe that your liberal friend are above the law, but they aren’t

View attachment 247152

In 1989 celbs could get away with virtually anything. If a white celebrity tried to pull some fake swastika shit today, they would face just as much heat as your boy juicy.

what about all the resources used to chase his hoax?

The money and time spent?

He was given an out and decided not to take it. He played on people’s emotions.

Throw the book at him

Sorry you believe that your liberal friend are above the law, but they aren’t

So let me get this straight... You whine about the "resources" wasted (which is just cops doing their jobs... I mean we don't pay them to eat donuts) and then you waste MORE resources on a prosecution that will probably not result in jail time. That doesn't make sense.

In 1989 celbs could get away with virtually anything. If a white celebrity tried to pull some fake swastika shit today, they would face just as much heat as your boy juicy.

Would they?

Hey, remember those white actresses who bribed universities to get their daughters into college? They got like really light sentences.

As opposed to black women who have been sentenced to years for enrolling their kids in school districts where gunfire isn't a regular occurrence.

So let me get this straight... You whine about the "resources" wasted (which is just cops doing their jobs... I mean we don't pay them to eat donuts) and then you waste MORE resources on a prosecution that will probably not result in jail time. That doesn't make sense.

Would they?

Hey, remember those white actresses who bribed universities to get their daughters into college? They got like really light sentences.

As opposed to black women who have been sentenced to years for enrolling their kids in school districts where gunfire isn't a regular occurrence.
resources taken away from cops investigating real crimes, with her victims. Yes, you prosecute people that do that.

Why wouldn’t it result in jail time? Maybe it won’t, but that’s not the point per se.

Jesse was given an out, he decided not to take it. Whenever he is convicted, and the evidence i’ve seen so far shows a likelihood of that, he’ll also have to pay court costs, ie the cost of the prosecution against him. Make perfect sense to me

Why do you think felonious activity should not be prosecuted?

resources taken away from cops investigating real crimes, with her victims. Yes, you prosecute people that do that.
Again, when the CPD actually investigates crimes instead of "Well, no one's confessing, I guess our work is done here", then I'll be impressed.

Why wouldn’t it result in jail time? Maybe it won’t, but that’s not the point per se.

Actually, it's exactly the point. This is about going against him for offending white people. It's not about what a serious crime he did or that he interrupted some cop's donut break.

Jesse was given an out, he decided not to take it. Whenever he is convicted, and the evidence i’ve seen so far shows a likelihood of that, he’ll also have to pay court costs, ie the cost of the prosecution against him. Make perfect sense to me
Actually, he plead guilty to disorderly conduct, paid a $10,000 fine and did some community service.

Which wasn't good enough for the racists who kind of wished some MAGA Nazis had beaten him up.

Again, when the CPD actually investigates crimes instead of "Well, no one's confessing, I guess our work is done here", then I'll be impressed.

Actually, it's exactly the point. This is about going against him for offending white people. It's not about what a serious crime he did or that he interrupted some cop's donut break.

Actually, he plead guilty to disorderly conduct, paid a $10,000 fine and did some community service.

Which wasn't good enough for the racists who kind of wished some MAGA Nazis had beaten him up.
1) they investigated this, and got a confession from your boy's co-conspiritors.
2) frankly the offense was against african-americans. He used the pain of years of oppression by the Dems in Jim Crow era to try and make money. But it's about going after him, for violating the law...repeatedly.
3) That charge was dropped by a Dem prosecutor who wasn't interested in justice, but supported the attempt by the actor to spread disinformation, propaganda and division: In latest plot twist, Cook County prosecutors abruptly drop all charges against Jussie Smollett
4) hahaha yeah yeah....sorry you don't have to be a racist to be offended and angry and what this guy did....nice try....seems like more projection by the race baiting left

1) they investigated this, and got a confession from your boy's co-conspiritors.
2) frankly the offense was against african-americans. He used the pain of years of oppression by the Dems in Jim Crow era to try and make money. But it's about going after him, for violating the law...repeatedly.
3) That charge was dropped by a Dem prosecutor who wasn't interested in justice, but supported the attempt by the actor to spread disinformation, propaganda and division: In latest plot twist, Cook County prosecutors abruptly drop all charges against Jussie Smollett
4) hahaha yeah yeah....sorry you don't have to be a racist to be offended and angry and what this guy did....nice try....seems like more projection by the race baiting left

1) No one is disputing what happened.
2) No, African Americans weren't hurt by what he did.... This is about whiny MAGA racists whining they got blamed for something, instead of taking stock of their own racism and why it was easy to believe this happened.
3) The charge was dropped because frankly, it was a waste of resources. He paid a fine and did some community service. (Again, this verdict is going to have some serious double jeopardy problems.)
4) Nope, I'm not offended by what he did. I kind of feel sorry for the guy, he seems kind of needy.

But this is another case of let's prosecute the black guy for a minor crime a white person would be given a complete pass on, as Morton Downey was.

1) No one is disputing what happened.
2) No, African Americans weren't hurt by what he did.... This is about whiny MAGA racists whining they got blamed for something, instead of taking stock of their own racism and why it was easy to believe this happened.
3) The charge was dropped because frankly, it was a waste of resources. He paid a fine and did some community service. (Again, this verdict is going to have some serious double jeopardy problems.)
4) Nope, I'm not offended by what he did. I kind of feel sorry for the guy, he seems kind of needy.

But this is another case of let's prosecute the black guy for a minor crime a white person would be given a complete pass on, as Morton Downey was.
hahahaa

sorry your criminal demafacist race baiter is going to prison!

I get as a supporter of the party of the klamath you don’t really thinking lynching was a dark time in our history but it was, faking a lynching…for money, fame, and well to continue to spread racism division is offensive and hurtful to all Americans…black, white, hispanic, asian…whatever

The dems are an offense

People file false reports all the time, and they usually don't go to jail for it.

The point I was making that if a white guy fakes a hate crime and doesn't go to jail for it, the black guy shouldn't either.

I have no problem with him paying a fine or losing his job... but we'd be confirming his point about racism if we send him to jail for something this petty.
I personally don’t think Smollets should go to jail. The reality is that Blacks and Gays who really are the targets of violence are going to pay the price which is not good. Smollets simply joins the ranks of minorities who hang nooses from their front doors because they want attention or are not getting their way.

sorry your criminal demafacist race baiter is going to prison!

I get as a supporter of the party of the klamath you don’t really thinking lynching was a dark time in our history but it was, faking a lynching…for money, fame, and well to continue to spread racism division is offensive and hurtful to all Americans…black, white, hispanic, asian…whatever

I doubt he's going to prison... and I doubt this conviction will hold up on appeal due to Double Jeopardy issues and that the well had already been poisoned by pre-trial publicity. Oh, yeah, and he really didn't hurt anyone.

I personally don’t think Smollets should go to jail. The reality is that Blacks and Gays who really are the targets of violence are going to pay the price which is not good. Smollets simply joins the ranks of minorities who hang nooses from their front doors because they want attention or are not getting their way.

Which people have been doing for years... and usually don't face any jail time, either.

I doubt he's going to prison... and I doubt this conviction will hold up on appeal due to Double Jeopardy issues and that the well had already been poisoned by pre-trial publicity. Oh, yeah, and he really didn't hurt anyone.

Which people have been doing for years... and usually don't face any jail time, either.
ahhahahhah what double jeopardy issues????? Did his defense attorney's move for a change of venue? Did they?

he hurt millions of people with his selfish, greedy, pathetic behavior.

Forum List

Back