Judge says he can order abortion for disabled Nevada woman

Abortion is about the woman's choice.

I would limit it to the rape, incest, and life of the mother.

Those who would grant only for the life of the mother are truly immoral.

Those who grant no abortions are criminal.

Or, as we can see, when a judge thinks it's best.

Because a woman's mental and physical health are at stake here, something which lifers don't seem to give a shit about!

Does that mean that a judge can decide you cannot have an abortion because your mental and physical health would be adversely affected? If it doesn't, shut the fuck up.

If I was mentally disabled like this woman, then a judge should have the right to make that decision for me.

Because a woman's mental and physical health are at stake here, something which lifers don't seem to give a shit about!

Does that mean that a judge can decide you cannot have an abortion because your mental and physical health would be adversely affected? If it doesn't, shut the fuck up.

If I was mentally disabled like this woman, then a judge should have the right to make that decision for me.

No he would not.

I said I believe he SHOULD have that choice.

Years ago here, a judge made the decision to have a woman's feeding tube removed, so she would die. It caused public outrage, but it was the right decision.

Years ago here, a judge made the decision to have a woman's feeding tube removed, so she would die. It caused public outrage, but it was the right decision.

If we are to believe Professor Adrian Owen the judge might have committed murder.

BBC News - Vegetative patient Scott Routley says 'I'm not in pain'

The person I am referring to could not communicate with anyone, and the only thing keeping her alive was that feeding tube.

CaféAuLait;6286657 said:

CARSON CITY, Nev. A Nevada state judge says he has the authority to order an abortion for a pregnant 32-year-old mentally disabled woman, even against the will of her Catholic adoptive parents.

Washoe County District Court Judge Egan Walker didn't make a decision, but asked the Nevada Supreme Court on Monday to let him go ahead with hearings as early as Tuesday to collect medical evidence about the woman's case.

The Las Vegas Sun reports that Walker called it "illogical and contrary to law" to prevent him from gathering evidence to determine if an abortion should be performed.

In a case being watched by national anti-abortion organizations, the woman's parents want the state high court to stop the proceedings.

Should a judge be able to rule in this manner? Is it overstepping his bounds?

I suspect he's practicing eugenics, the philosophical cornerstone of both Darwinism and Nazism.

G-d-willing, he'll be stopped.

If we are to believe Professor Adrian Owen the judge might have committed murder.

BBC News - Vegetative patient Scott Routley says 'I'm not in pain'

The person I am referring to could not communicate with anyone, and the only thing keeping her alive was that feeding tube.

You should read the story I posted, that guy couldn't communicate either, until someone invented a way for him to talk.

He should enforce the abortion. The woman has the mental age of a six year old. Her parents are blinded by their Catholic faith.

Ahh, so the concept of "legal guardianship" and "private medical decisions" goes right out the window with you just as soon as there's even a HINT that someone is making those "private medical decisions" based on religious beliefs, is that it? What the fuck happened to "keep your laws off my body", huh? What about "government get out of my vagina"? Where'd THAT go?

Let me ask you something, you hypocritical twat. What if the situation was reversed, and her parents were demanding the right to decide to abort the baby, and the judge was inserting himself into the situation and demanding the right to hold hearings on ordering her to give birth? Would you still view it as the judge's business? Or is it just that you have some sort of vested interest in ALWAYS defaulting to "let's kill the baby"?

Yeah, that's what I thought. :eusa_hand:

You seem to ignore the fact that a fetus doesn't matter in this case. The woman is disabled and has the mental age of a six year old. Why do you want her to stay pregnant?

YOU seem to ignore the fact that the fetus "doesn't matter" TO YOU. That doesn't make it true in general.

The woman is disabled. So what? Are you suggesting that disabled women should never have children? Or is it just that, once again, you're defaulting to the idea that childbirth is a horrible, nightmarish torture that should only be engaged in under extreme conditions, like the woman signing a pound of legal documents stating that she really, REALLY wants the baby, and always will?

Still waiting for you to answer MY questions, although I already knew you'd be too chickenshit to do so. Thanks for proving that you're every bit as much the coward I expected you to be.

I don't think the judge should make that decision.

But all I can say is the current position that they all are in right now just sucks.

Can you imagine a 6-year-old going through labor? She would not comprehend what is going on. She also would not be able to adequately care for a live baby.

Who's talking about a six-year-old? The woman is THIRTY-FOUR. The fact that someone somewhere once COMPARED HER INTELLIGENCE to a six-year-old's doesn't make her one.

And no one expects her to care for a baby.

Can you imagine a 6-year-old going through labor? She would not comprehend what is going on. She also would not be able to adequately care for a live baby.

Nor will she...because there are no fewer than FIVE people ready and willing to adopt the baby! God and goddess, are you fucking HIGH?!

So how is this woman going to feel when she gives birth, only to have her baby ripped away from her? What sort of parents are these that they would give away their grandchild? Have they even explained to her that she cannot keep her baby, that she is only keeping it 'safe' for a short time? Does this woman even understand?

How is this woman going to feel when she's dragged into a room, stuck in the stirrups, and her baby is ripped OUT of her? What sort of parent are YOU, that you're actually sitting there thinking, "Only monsters would give away their grandchild? GOOD people would KILL their grandchild instead?" NOW you've . . . what? Decided that anyone who puts their child up for adoption, instead of aborting him, is evil?

Tell me, oh moral guru, how YOU would go about explaining to her that she cannot keep her baby OR keep it safe, that Mom and Dad have decided to kill him instead? :eusa_hand:

Ahh, so the concept of "legal guardianship" and "private medical decisions" goes right out the window with you just as soon as there's even a HINT that someone is making those "private medical decisions" based on religious beliefs, is that it? What the fuck happened to "keep your laws off my body", huh? What about "government get out of my vagina"? Where'd THAT go?

Let me ask you something, you hypocritical twat. What if the situation was reversed, and her parents were demanding the right to decide to abort the baby, and the judge was inserting himself into the situation and demanding the right to hold hearings on ordering her to give birth? Would you still view it as the judge's business? Or is it just that you have some sort of vested interest in ALWAYS defaulting to "let's kill the baby"?

Yeah, that's what I thought. :eusa_hand:

You seem to ignore the fact that a fetus doesn't matter in this case. The woman is disabled and has the mental age of a six year old. Why do you want her to stay pregnant?

YOU seem to ignore the fact that the fetus "doesn't matter" TO YOU. That doesn't make it true in general.

The woman is disabled. So what? Are you suggesting that disabled women should never have children? Or is it just that, once again, you're defaulting to the idea that childbirth is a horrible, nightmarish torture that should only be engaged in under extreme conditions, like the woman signing a pound of legal documents stating that she really, REALLY wants the baby, and always will?

Still waiting for you to answer MY questions, although I already knew you'd be too chickenshit to do so. Thanks for proving that you're every bit as much the coward I expected you to be.

If a woman did sign a document that she really REALLY wants a baby and always will, isn't that just evidence that the woman is too incompetent to make those kinds of decisions? She is ruled not by common sense but by emotion..

A lawyer for the parents, Jason Guinasso, told The Associated Press it's not known whether the pregnancy resulted from rape or consensual sex.

If her mental age is 6, she is not capable of consenting.

Is there anyone involved who has her best interest at the heart of their position?

The woman is THIRTY-FOUR. The fact that someone somewhere once COMPARED HER INTELLIGENCE to a six-year-old's doesn't make her one.
I agree and if she has ever asked where babies come from, what better way for her to know than by giving birth to one herself!

God bless you and her always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

You cannot be serious.

IF, as the article states, she has the intelligence of a 6 y/o, that would be a horrifying experience that would likely leave her horribly scarred.

I repeat my question - Is there anyone who has her best interest at heart?

CaféAuLait;6286657 said:

CARSON CITY, Nev. A Nevada state judge says he has the authority to order an abortion for a pregnant 32-year-old mentally disabled woman, even against the will of her Catholic adoptive parents.

Washoe County District Court Judge Egan Walker didn't make a decision, but asked the Nevada Supreme Court on Monday to let him go ahead with hearings as early as Tuesday to collect medical evidence about the woman's case.

The Las Vegas Sun reports that Walker called it "illogical and contrary to law" to prevent him from gathering evidence to determine if an abortion should be performed.

In a case being watched by national anti-abortion organizations, the woman's parents want the state high court to stop the proceedings.

Judge says he can order abortion for disabled Nevada woman - CBS News

Should a judge be able to rule in this manner? Is it overstepping his bounds?

Just as unconstitutional as the Terri Schiavo case. If the individuals or family members are willing to support the costs of care, then they should have every right to exercise their religious beliefs. Let the prolife groups help support the family, if the govt does not want this responsibility. It's not like abortion is the only option here.

A lawyer for the parents, Jason Guinasso, told The Associated Press it's not known whether the pregnancy resulted from rape or consensual sex.
If her mental age is 6, she is not capable of consenting.

Is there anyone involved who has her best interest at the heart of their position?

Her mental age is not 6, her IQ gives her cognitive abilities similar to a 6 year old.

Idiot.

The woman is THIRTY-FOUR. The fact that someone somewhere once COMPARED HER INTELLIGENCE to a six-year-old's doesn't make her one.
I agree and if she has ever asked where babies come from, what better way for her to know than by giving birth to one herself!

God bless you and her always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

You cannot be serious.

IF, as the article states, she has the intelligence of a 6 y/o, that would be a horrifying experience that would likely leave her horribly scarred.

I repeat my question - Is there anyone who has her best interest at heart?

On the average, 6 year olds have an IQ of 100.

Abortion is legal, a fetus cannot be murdered under most circumstances, and it will always, always, always be legal and moral for at least rape, incest, and life of the mother.

Or, as we can see, when a judge thinks it's best.

No, because leftist twats ASSUME that childbirth is horribly detrimental to women, and therefore ALWAYS default to "Kill it!" any time circumstances are anything less than utterly ideal. If you only knew how incredibly psychopathic you actually sound to sane people with your constant kneejerk of "Ohmigod, she's PREGNANT! What a horrible thing! Get it out! Get it out! Eeek!"

To hear you talk, fetuses are actually dangerous tumors that occasionally, miraculously, morph into babies IF the mother decides to send positive "Okay, I've decided I want you" vibes to it.

Forum List

Back