Judge Ridicules Trump Lawsuit As Yet Another Grievance Manifesto

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
A South Florida federal judge (not that one) on Friday dismissed a complaint filed earlier this year from President Trump in which he accused everyone who had offended him during his political career of wrongdoing.

U.S. District Judge Donald Middlebrooks for the Southern District of Florida found that Trump and his attorneys might be eligible for judicial sanctions as a punishment for filing the lawsuit, which he described as “inadequate in nearly every respect.”

Trump sued in March 2022, alleging in civil court what he could never coax, cajole, or coerce the Justice Department to do: claim that the Trump-Russia investigation was the product of an elaborate conspiracy with Hillary Clinton, the DNC, and various other malefactors at the top.

“At its core, the problem with Plaintiff’s Amended Complaint is that Plaintiff is not attempting to seek redress for any legal harm,” Judge Middlebrooks wrote. “Instead, he is seeking to flaunt a two hundred-page political manifesto outlining his grievances against those that have opposed him, and this Court is not the appropriate forum.”

The message being sent by the judge is Trump is using the judicial system to air his paranoid complaints about unfair treatment. Something he has claimed so many times The Following believes it. Proving the theory that if you tell a lie often enough.................

Of the utmost importance for America's democracy surviving the Trump challenge, is the FBI/DOJ's success in their bid to be permitted to carry on the investigation.

Everything depends on that first, before Trump's crazy attempts at lawsuits are brushed off.

If the FBI can't win on being able to investigate, it will be a huge step toward fascist control of government.

Of the utmost importance for America's democracy surviving the Trump challenge, is the FBI/DOJ's success in their bid to be permitted to carry on the investigation.
That seems a bit extreme, but I agree Cannon's decision needs to be reversed.

However, this thread is about another matter.

There was probably a good way to go about handling that bullshit situation, but as usual.. he screws up.
Fucking crybaby

The message being sent by the judge is Trump is using the judicial system to air his paranoid complaints about unfair treatment. Something he has claimed so many times The Following believes it. Proving the theory that if you tell a lie often enough.................
Boy, hope the dems never try this.

A South Florida federal judge (not that one) on Friday dismissed a complaint filed earlier this year from President Trump in which he accused everyone who had offended him during his political career of wrongdoing.

U.S. District Judge Donald Middlebrooks for the Southern District of Florida found that Trump and his attorneys might be eligible for judicial sanctions as a punishment for filing the lawsuit, which he described as “inadequate in nearly every respect.”

Trump sued in March 2022, alleging in civil court what he could never coax, cajole, or coerce the Justice Department to do: claim that the Trump-Russia investigation was the product of an elaborate conspiracy with Hillary Clinton, the DNC, and various other malefactors at the top.

“At its core, the problem with Plaintiff’s Amended Complaint is that Plaintiff is not attempting to seek redress for any legal harm,” Judge Middlebrooks wrote. “Instead, he is seeking to flaunt a two hundred-page political manifesto outlining his grievances against those that have opposed him, and this Court is not the appropriate forum.”

I am surprised no one is yelling about this yet since it was Bill Clinton who appointed the judge in 1997. I think this is funny.

What an interesting library of reading materials you have there in your shitter.

Never heard of this particular "source" (ahem).

Well that was quick

Another Trump legal fail
Only for those who read that...........um.............................now, what was the name of that blog again?

Sorry, it slipped my mind. Not very important, I guess.

I wonder how many hours of court time the buffoon's lawyers have WASTED over the last two years.

All paid for by the rubes.
There you are worrying about MY money again, bot. You might want to give that a rest. I'm perfectly capable of minding my own wealth.

Facts.

If you want to know how Evil The Democrat Party is all you have to do is ask yourself one question:

Would Biden and Merrick Garland raid Queen Elizabeth's Panty Drawer if she were a Republican?

That answer is obviously yes as this is exactly what they did to Melania Trump, The First Lady.

I didn’t read any of that case’s complaint. What DID Trump seek, specifically, as “relief?”

Donald M. Middlebrooks, the judge, wrote a decision that was a bit of a screed in its own right.

I am not saying his decision was wrong. I am noting all the same that he was nominated for the judgeship by Bubba Clinton.

Therefore, I am not surprised that the judge reserved decision on sanctions against plaintiff and his lawyers.

The judge’s decision is a bit suspect.

He is correct in asserting that the Trump complaint is unduly lengthy. Even merely skimming it takes a good deal of time.

But it definitely does seek relief. In fact, amongst other relief, it seeks treble damages of at least $24 million (ie, $72 million) plus costs, attorney’s fees etc.

Whether or not the complaint is “stale” (ie, barred by some statutes of limitation) is another question. But I suspect that determination by the judge may be unsupported (if he actually made such a ruling). It was alleged, after all, that the conspiracy constituting a RICO violation was still ongoing.

For anyone interested, the Trump complaint serves as a summary of the Trump claims regarding Shrillary, and Strzok and Wasserman-Shultz and Comey and so forth and so on. It could serve as a history lesson about the truly vile DNC and the deep state. It can be read here:

Donald M. Middlebrooks, the judge, wrote a decision that was a bit of a screed in its own right.

I am not saying his decision was wrong. I am noting all the same that he was nominated for the judgeship by Bubba Clinton.

Therefore, I am not surprised that the judge reserved decision on sanctions against plaintiff and his lawyers.
So since he was a Clinton judge his decision can’t be trusted as neutral?

You must feel the same about Cannon although I’m sure you don’t

Forum List

Back