Judge Napolitano on Free Speech and the Alex Jones case

[Here is why Alex Jones was sued. He made up stories about the children not being dead. His followers believed him and harassed the parents for years. He made a ton of money off of those lies. He refused to back down, and was forced to do so during trial, if I recall]

Sept. 28, 2022, 4:46 p.m. ETSept. 28, 2022
Elizabeth Williamson
Reporting from the courtroom
The jury is viewing Jones’ deposition, in which he acknowledges that Robbie Parker did not say “read the card?” but rather was asking, “Start?” Jones acknowledges he got it wrong. In front of the courthouse last week, Jones said Infowars is right “95 percent of the time."

Sept. 28, 2022, 4:41 p.m. ETSept. 28, 2022
Elizabeth Williamson
While Robbie and Alissa Parker prepared to fly to Utah for Emilie’s burial, Jones aired another broadcast, in which he said, “They’re staging it. That’s what my gut tells me. It’s never been wrong.” On the day of her funeral, Jones mentioned Robbie Parker by name for the first time, falsely claiming that Robbie Parker had said “read the card?” as in cue cards, when he stepped to the lectern.

Sept. 28, 2022, 4:37 p.m. ETSept. 28, 2022
Elizabeth Williamson
Robbie Parker is recalling that the morning after that news conference, two days after Emilie’s death, he went to the memorial Facebook page his friends had created, something that “kept me stable.” But he “started to see these comments: ‘liar,’ and ‘why were you laughing.’”

Much of the testimony in the damages trial against Alex Jones has focused on the emotional anguish suffered by plaintiffs who were defamed by him after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in 2012. But the other central matter in the Connecticut trial is how much money the Infowars host made off those lies.

Mr. Jones has downplayed his profits, saying the cases against him have forced him to place Free Speech Systems, Infowars’ parent company, into bankruptcy. But attorneys for the families of Sandy Hook victims say he made millions off his baseless claims.
-----------
WATERBURY, Conn. — There is no more direct link in this trial between Alex Jones’s lies about the Sandy Hook shooting and the suffering of a plaintiff than the story of Robbie Parker, whose daughter Emilie died in the massacre and who came to the witness stand after his wife, Alissa Parker.

Lawyers for the families have several times played for the jury a recording of the news conference Mr. Parker gave the night after the shooting — an event Mr. Jones mocked for years on Infowars, calling Mr. Parker a “soap opera actor,” questioning his identity, his demeanor and his loss.

(full article online)

questioning things is not against the law.. or never used to be anyhow.

Because of the lawless ones aka the dims, things, they b a changin...

In any case, Jones has the right to free speech and nothing I have read yet on this casesays he was wrong. He said His gut told him this or that.. and that it has never been wrong

He never said My gut is absolutely right on this. I am 100% sure this is a phony shooting"

never said anything remotley like that as far as I can tell. And even if he did.. so what?

According to my best info at this time, that falls under the category of free speech. And the govt provides the courts who take on these cases, so you can't say Well, free speech is only to keep govt from persecuting you for saying things..

You are not understanding my point in I don't care about emotional right vs left.

If you set the standard that you can sue because of a lie, then ALL need to follow that standard.

Now you backtrack and try to niche the argument into what you are emotionally invested in, as illustrated by your emotional terminology.

I only ask that WHATEVER the laws/rules are that they apply to all.

You seem to have a problem with that and go off making this judgment situational to your favor.

Hey, if this is the law, fry Jones. I'm not defending him. I'm simply saying use this standard for all.

You start beeping like crazy when you back up like you just did.

Justice needs to be blind or it's not justice but revenge.
You can sue somebody in this country for just about anything. If you sue somebody for lying and prove that lies brought you to harm, you can win. Nothing emotional left/right about it.

You can sue somebody in this country for just about anything. If you sue somebody for lying and prove that lies brought you to harm, you can win. Nothing emotional left/right about it.
Then why all the emotional language at jones and the right?

When the left lies, I never see you care.

I argued you could........until someone gets hurt. Address my actual argument.

Because it doesn't matter if someone gets hurt, you have a right to do it. You're not responsible for other peoples behavior.

That is your argument and you are wrong.

yeh, those liars. Morals and ethics are only required of the Rs

They are always exempt somehow

What is that saying I heard years ago, about how:

The Height of immorality is to make an exception of yourelf
All I am saying is whatever standard you use, use it evenly and blindly.

Otherwise it's revenge.

questioning things is not against the law.. or never used to be anyhow.

Because of the lawless ones aka the dims, things, they b a changin...

In any case, Jones has the right to free speech and nothing I have read yet on this casesays he was wrong. He said His gut told him this or that.. and that it has never been wrong

He never said My gut is absolutely right on this. I am 100% sure this is a phony shooting"

never said anything remotley like that as far as I can tell. And even if he did.. so what?

According to my best info at this time, that falls under the category of free speech. And the govt provides the courts who take on these cases, so you can't say Well, free speech is only to keep govt from persecuting you for saying things..
He was not questioning. He accused the parents of staging their children's death because they wanted to go against the selling of guns. He said that the children were hidden by the parents somewhere and not dead.

That is not questioning anywhere in the world.

And he did it for years, which led the worse of his followers to harass those parents for years, instead of letting them mourn their lost children as it would happen during any other time.

He was not questioning. He accused the parents of staging their children's death because they wanted to go against the selling of guns. He said that the children were hidden by the parents somewhere and not dead.

That is not questioning anywhere in the world.

And he did it for years, which led the worse of his followers to harass those parents for years, instead of letting them mourn their lost children as it would happen during any other time.
Give an actual QUOTE

if you can

And he did it for years, which led the worse of his followers to harass those parents for years

Then the FOLLOWERS should be sued for harassment, not Alex Jones. He NEVER ONCE told ANYONE to go and harass these people, threaten them, etc. He himself certainly never did that.

How can someone, using a microphone, do something so bad that he is sued 3000% more than someone who drives drunk and kills someone, causing an actual death during the commission of a crime? HOW?

Because it doesn't matter if someone gets hurt, you have a right to do it.

Not true.

You're not responsible for other peoples behavior.

That is your argument and you are wrong.

I am 100% right.

The question in every case is whether the words used are used in such circumstances and are of such a nature as to create a clear and present danger that they will bring about the substantive evils that Congress has a right to prevent. It is a question of proximity and degree.19

https://scholarship.law.wm.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1748&context=wmborj

He knew it was a lie, he knew people were being threatened and harassed over this lie and he continued to do it.

Then the FOLLOWERS should be sued for harassment, not Alex Jones. He NEVER ONCE told ANYONE to go and harass these people, threaten them, etc.
you mean like Muckseen Watters, when she told people on the street to attack Rs where they eat and shop?

Maybe someone needs to sue that creepy, thuggish witch

Didn't Scalise almost get killed AFTER she said that? I am not sure if he was injured b4 she said it or after but I think it was AFTER

death or serious physical injury could be seen as a serious "damage" presumably

Not true.

I am 100% right.

The question in every case is whether the words used are used in such circumstances and are of such a nature as to create a clear and present danger that they will bring about the substantive evils that Congress has a right to prevent. It is a question of proximity and degree.19

https://scholarship.law.wm.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1748&context=wmborj

He knew it was a lie, he knew people were being threatened and harassed over this lie and he continued to do it.

I have shown many times that there is nothing wrong with yelling fire in a theatre. PERIOD.

IT WAS NEVER CASE LAW. STOP USING IT.

I have shown many times that there is nothing wrong with yelling fire in a theatre. PERIOD.

IT WAS NEVER CASE LAW. STOP USING IT.
But even if it was true that a lie can cause a lot ofdamage and it is true

Where did Jones actually LIE?

NO, he just said his gut told him the shooting was faked..

OOHHH>.. wow.. Now it's against the law to have gut feelings? (or at least to TELL anyone about them)

we are all in big trouble.. Vote the lawless, always lying, always going-against- the- Constituion bastards OUT

Why does even one person vote Demonrat???

This tops the list of

Greatest Mysteries in the World

I posted that he confessed in court what he did.
He finally confessed that the children's death was not a hoax.

There is no DOUBT what he did.

The argument is whether WHAT HE DID was ILLEGAL. And it was not.

I used to follow Jones until he went apeshit on Sandy Hook. I read many websites and I was on the fence about whether it was real or not for a while, but finally decided the guy was a kook and moved on.

He made a GREAT confession. He said "In my opinion I thought the shooting was a false flag event." He has a right to think that. HE HAS A RIGHT TO SAY THAT, TOO. This will be appealed.

Last edited:
I posted that he confessed in court what he did.
He finally confessed that the children's death was not a hoax.
leftists love it when they can bully someone into submission

sickos..

ever occur to you that a person should not be bullied out of expressing his true thoughts about what is going on in our country?

Forum List

Back