Judge Halts Wyoming Abortion Ban Days After It Took Effect

Abortion will again be legal in Wyoming — at least for now — after a judge on Wednesday temporarily blocked a ban that took effect a few days earlier.

Teton County District Court Judge Melissa Owens’ decision halts the ban amid a challenge in her court to a law that took effect Sunday. The Republican-controlled Legislature approved the law despite earlier rulings by Owens that had blocked a previous ban since shortly after it took effect last summer.

An amendment in the Wyoming Constitution says adults have a right to make their own health care decisions, so Republicans enacted a ban that states abortion is not health care. However, Owens said it's up to the courts, not lawmakers, to decide whether that's the case.

Get ready for it. It's coming.
Laws are made in Wyoming by the Legislature, not the Judges. The Judges have to base their judgments according to what the legislatures give them. However, if it's a clarification issue and the legislature decides they were right the first time, They can rescind her decision outright if they vote to distinguish that a preborn human being is not only a living being, it is a human being, with such rights as the legislature gives the little guy. They should do this anytime a judge goes rogue and decides to legislate from the bench. OTOH, the Wyoming legislature could also just wash its hands of the whole mess. If they do that, they're turning the power base of the legislature upside down. Even so, it's up to Wyoming to make its own laws in any way they deem fit.

We need to get these invaders back to their shithole countries and make them clean up their own messes. Sorry, but you are wrong as usual, Butcher.
I hope you realize that in most of these countries it was the illegal drug trade ( fueled mostly by demand from Americans ) that destroyed their nations. Basically we are responsible for their problems. We brought this on ourselves. Or at least the worst of US did. The druggies among us.

I hope you realize that in most of these countries it was the illegal drug trade ( fueled mostly by demand from Americans ) that destroyed their nations. Basically we are responsible for their problems. We brought this on ourselves. Or at least the worst of US did. The druggies among us.
So you think we should allow these illegals access to our country? No wonder you favor invitro infanticide.

OMG, you're a man and you're this emotionally unstable. Never saw that coming. I thought for sure you were a woman with 6 kids.
So, just pure bigotry? Amazing.

You seriously pull that after the “why do you hate women” schtick?

No, we didn't. You're just excusing junkie scum and their habits now.
The number one cause of illegal immigration from.the Central American triangle is corruption and violence in their governments caused by the drug trade ( 90 % of which is U S demand ). You figure it out for yourself. That's from.the US Commission on Central America.

The number one cause of illegal immigration from.the Central American triangle is corruption and violence in their governments caused by the drug trade ( 90 % of which is U S demand ). You figure it out for yourself. That's from.the US Commission on Central America.

So you still think flooding the US with these illegal invaders and straining our resources is beneficial how again?

There is no need for that, and legalizing junk ain't the answer. Send these beaners back to their shitholes and tell them to clean their own countries up. they are not welcome here.
You believe you've been inconvenienced by these undocumented immigrants. They've lost their homes, their country and in most cases some of their family members. Do you really think you're worse off than they are.I think the got the rotten end of the deal all the way around. Yet you are feeling sorry for yourself. Time to grow up.

No, I ' m saying we are ALL paying the price for what the druggies are doing. You, me and the " illegals " are all victims.
Some of these illegals are fleeing repressive governments and their drug gang corruptors. MOST are coming here because the American leftists are enticing them here with free stuff if they'll only manage to make it here and helping them along the way. If you REALLY believe that a 250-pound woman wearing new clothes and shoes, fully hydrated and well-rested and carrying an $1100-dollar cell phone just walked the 2000 miles from the Mexico-Guatemalan border, then YOU are the problem.

You believe you've been inconvenienced by these undocumented immigrants. They've lost their homes, their country and in most cases some of their family members. Do you really think you're worse off than they are.I think the got the rotten end of the deal all the way around. Yet you are feeling sorry for yourself. Time to grow up.
so how many illegals have you given a room at your place....Im guess that number would be zero....time for somebody to grow up

so how many illegals have you given a room at your place....Im guess that number would be zero....time for somebody to grow up
I am not as much s leftist as you people believe I am. I am simply saying we created this chaos and need to accept some type of responsibility for it.

You can STFU you unpatriotic piece of Leftist shit. America needs to purge out all these invaders. they want to come here? DO IT BY THE BOOK!!!!

You can STFU you unpatriotic piece of Leftist shit. America needs to purge out all these invaders. they want to come here? DO IT BY THE BOOK!!!!
America's Immigration Policy reflects International Policy on Immigration. There are two classes of Immigrants, Documented and Undocumented, neither are illegal. Unfortunately the system is under constant abuse by the later group and Biden is finally taking action to correct that once and for all. Trump bad mouthed them but actually sabotaged the Immigration apparatus to deal with them making things worse. Given the plight of the planet with global warming I believe we are just starting to see the tip of the iceberg here and things will become far worse before they get better. Hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Forum List

Back