Judeth Sheinlin (Judge Judy) on Barack Obama...

Watched an interview with her on huluplus....

"I had hopes 6 years ago when we elected our first black President...but things of late are clearly not going so well, I have never known a time in my memory where there is such a divisive time in our country and such an acerbic nature of the conversation as now. There is no civility." (in Washington)
Commenting on what would Lincoln think of seeing the first black President
"Well the question is, first it is wonderful, a black President is wonderful..but the question should be - was it the RIGHT black President. Same thing about a women, would it be great to have a women as President of the United States? Absolutely! But...(she leans in closer) but only if it is the right woman."
"So to say that the country has moved forward because we have a woman as President or a Latino President - or - a black President...That is not the answer! That is not where the focus should be, the focus should be is this person the BEST person?"
"If you had a heart attack, would you say "find me the best minority surgeon you can find? ...no...you would want the best heart surgeon in the world. That is what we would want for ourselves, that is what our country should want for ourselves...not the best of something...but the best period. And I think in this we have got short changed"

She is a beauty. Maybe she should be President.

Meanwhile, Obama kicked the right's ass twice and Hillary is almost guaranteed a win next.

I like Judge Judy but its not Obama's fault the racists came out and are showing their ugly heads with this division. Its asinine to blame him.

Zona.....the guy is a piss poor leader....and he doesnt do much to bring this Country together....during Bush's 8 years this country became pretty divided....under this guys "leadership" it has gotten worse...the last 2 Presidents we have had have been 2 pretty piss poor picks...

It would be great to have a woman President? Why? Why does it matter? I think it would just be great to have a President who was decent at his or her job. Don't care if it's a man, woman, hermaphrodite, whatever.

It would be great to have a great President no matter what gender or race

Hater dupes and racists aside, Judge Judy has always been a pragmatic person in the public eye.

I'm sure Zona would like to sit and just think "Darn all those racists! Why can't they just agree with his policies!?"

Or that Franco would just like to blame all the Pub hater dupes or whatever he's thinking for the next few minutes.

Obama has had so many scandals and his policies have done so little to help the country. Leaders take responsibility for their actions. And ever since 2010 he has either 'not known' or was 'misinformed' about what his administration is doing. Poor leadership.

We need a new political system that would more adequately serve the needs of the people.

Judge Judy is one of my heroes. She is brilliant and funny. She is a no-nonsense promoter of individual responsibility but she is also a very compassionate person. In her book Don't Pee on My Leg and Tell Me It's Raining, she talks of some of the problems she encountered and solved in her many years on the bench. Two examples stand out in my mind.

The first case involved a mother of three children who had successfully completed a drug treatment program. She had been clean for 18 months and wanted her children back. Judge Judy was happy for her and agreed the family should be reunited but there was a problem: the woman did not have an apartment and an inept government bureaucracy kept misplacing the paperwork necessary for her to get one. Frustrated, Judge Judy made a “little birdie” call to a reporter from the New York Times who printed the mother's story. “Within 48 hours of this embarrassing article the bureaucracy became energized, found the paperwork and helped her secure an apartment” (p. 227).

The second case involved a a lot of people. Judges in New York were finding fathers guilty of sexually abusing their daughters based upon chlamydia test results. But there was a major problem with the test and there is no doubt that many innocent fathers unjustly lost their liberty, their reputations and their families. Fortunately, things came to a screeching halt after Judge Judy got such a case.

A two-year-old girl tested positive for chlamydia. The parents appeared to be caring and responsible and the lawyers didn't seem to be competent so Judge Judy ordered a doctor from the hospital where the test was performed to testify. She was astonished with what she discovered. It turned out there were two types of tests given. One took just a day to get the results and costs only $10. However, these test results were a nonspecific test for infection and insufficient to establish the presence of chlamydia. The other test took 5 days to complete and cost $150. This test was a reliable indicator of chlamydia and could be used as evidence of sexual abuse.

The problem is that this particular child was tested on June 1 and the was reported positive for chlamydia on June 2, which means the test she was given was the one-day, $10 test which was - from a legal perspective - completely worthless. However, even though it was obviously the unreliable test, the city was billed for $150, the price of the legally significant test. Judge Judy then reviewed other similar cases and found out the testing facilities were engaged in a scam. She concluded, “Our great sex abuse scare was driven by dollars and cents. The laboratories had acted unethically. They had bilked both insurance and Medicaid. We in the courts, relying on their findings, had destroyed families. Once this game was uncovered, the practice was quickly halted. I have not seen a chlamydia case in years” (pp. 168, 169).

I think that Judge Judy should have been Time's Person of the Year.

Meanwhile, Obama kicked the right's ass twice and Hillary is almost guaranteed a win next.

I like Judge Judy but its not Obama's fault the racists came out and are showing their ugly heads with this division. Its asinine to blame him.

Why not? He is a racist himself.

That's probably the most ridiculous meme ever.

President Barack Obama has bent over backwards to accommodate people that almost every day, spend their time de-humanizing him. The Tea Baggers have been disgusting. And it's been a painful show to watch. He's done nothing radical. Quite the opposite, he kept most of the Bush boys in place the first term. What did the right do? They kicked them out of "conservatism". They made their entire reason for being to get him out of office. After 2010 they put the brakes on government, even with a war ongoing. I can't think of anything more traitorous than a conservative.

If they hate the government so much..they should pack their bags and leave.

Judge Judy is full of shit. Politicians are not leaders. They are representatives. How can she be so stupid and racist to suppose Obama was a good choice ever, when anyone and everyone with any cognitive reasoning abilities knew OBama was a fraud from the 90's.

Judge Judy would make fine President, with Judge Jannine Pirro either her Vice President or Attorney General.

Having seen previous female world leaders (Margaret Thatcher, Indira Ghandi, Gold Mayer, etc.) and previous (male) presidents, America is long over due for a President of Judge Judy's caliber, wisdom, integrity and honesty.

Why not? He is a racist himself.

That's probably the most ridiculous meme ever.

President Barack Obama has bent over backwards to accommodate people that almost every day, spend their time de-humanizing him. The Tea Baggers have been disgusting. And it's been a painful show to watch. He's done nothing radical. Quite the opposite, he kept most of the Bush boys in place the first term. What did the right do? They kicked them out of "conservatism". They made their entire reason for being to get him out of office. After 2010 they put the brakes on government, even with a war ongoing. I can't think of anything more traitorous than a conservative.

If they hate the government so much..they should pack their bags and leave.

still a piss poor leader Sallow....after they got OBL the guys ratings went up.....instead of capitalizing on that and maybe grabbing some support from some Moderate Republicans and "rinos"....he comes out here and tells a Latino audience that....Republicans are your enemies..... great way to unite people....

"I had hopes 6 years ago when we elected our first black President...but things of late are clearly not going so well, I have never known a time in my memory where there is such a divisive time in our country and such an acerbic nature of the conversation as now. There is no civility." (in Washington)
"Well the question is, first it is wonderful, a black President is wonderful..but the question should be - was it the RIGHT black President. Same thing about a women, would it be great to have a women as President of the United States? Absolutely! But...(she leans in closer) but only if it is the right woman."
"So to say that the country has moved forward because we have a woman as President or a Latino President - or - a black President...That is not the answer! That is not where the focus should be, the focus should be is this person the BEST person?"
"If you had a heart attack, would you say "find me the best minority surgeon you can find? ...no...you would want the best heart surgeon in the world. That is what we would want for ourselves, that is what our country should want for ourselves...not the best of something...but the best period. And I think in this we have got short changed"

You missed the point of what JJ said. And you missed the entire administrations of Obama if you think he did a good job. You are not an objective viewer, my friend. Just look at the scandals he's been in, the headlines that include the word "Lies and Racial Division." The racial division has not come from his distractors. He was voted in the first time with an overwhelming majority and a majority of whites. Where are those whites today? What made them change? It wasn't bigotry. It was his actions that made them change. It was Him.

Judge Judy is full of shit. Politicians are not leaders. They are representatives. How can she be so stupid and racist to suppose Obama was a good choice ever, when anyone and everyone with any cognitive reasoning abilities knew OBama was a fraud from the 90's.

why are they chosen to lead then?.....you know like the ones who are voted in to "lead" the Country or the States.....

No no it's totally fair! Once Obama got elected there was a law written that no one is responsible for their behavior and that the newly elected President was responsible for everyones civility or lack of it.

I think it was HR ID10T

Try not taking her to Sinai Hospital when she asks.

No no it's totally fair! Once Obama got elected there was a law written that no one is responsible for their behavior and that the newly elected President was responsible for everyones civility or lack of it.

I think it was HR ID10T

Flipping the bone, flipping the bird, toasting with a middle finger or just a a good ol' republican/rightwinged fuck you to the citizens of the US is the GOP way of not causing divisiveness in the country.

I think it's right to blame him. He was the one who attacked the police when that professor claimed he was being hassled because he was black. Remember the beer summit that resulted? Then he was all "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon!" The truth is that Obama is a Black president and nothing else. Being Black is important to him. He is so concerned with his blackness that he has divided this country instead of bringing it together.

IMO Obama himself is a racist.

I think it's right to blame him. He was the one who attacked the police when that professor claimed he was being hassled because he was black. Remember the beer summit that resulted? Then he was all "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon!" The truth is that Obama is a Black president and nothing else. Being Black is important to him. He is so concerned with his blackness that he has divided this country instead of bringing it together.

IMO Obama himself is a racist.

See, why is this seen as a racist thing?

Could the police who arrested a man going into his own home, could those actions be judged as stupid or is it only stupid if you're racist? You are pretending that the only way arresting a man for breaking into his own house can be stupid is if it's racist.

Its not Obama's fault that every word that come out of his mouth is seen by whites as divisive. It always will be as long as Obama is black....As long as anyone is black white will always take offense to it because they've been mistreated in America for a long time

You missed the point of what JJ said. And you missed the entire administrations of Obama if you think he did a good job. You are not an objective viewer, my friend. Just look at the scandals he's been in, the headlines that include the word "Lies and Racial Division." The racial division has not come from his distractors. He was voted in the first time with an overwhelming majority and a majority of whites. Where are those whites today? What made them change? It wasn't bigotry. It was his actions that made them change. It was Him.

Heck, I know blacks that campaigned for him and no longer support him.

Forum List

Back