Joseph Gordon-Levitt has reportedly been tapped to star as iconic television show host Johnny Carson in King of Late Night, an upcoming biopic series

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
written by "Deadwood" creator David Milch and to be directed by Jay Roach

FOe75rhXEAwwdkX

I’m surprised

I heard that Queen Latifah was was leading the competition for the part since she checks 2 boxes whereas this guy checks none

Maybe they should not make films on people with flaws that made us feel comfortable in our lives. For an hour or an hour and a half Carson put people to bed at night 5 nights a week. That in itself is worth not the garbage part of his life we will be exposed to by this film. There are many people with flaws we see every day. The ones who have hurt many in many ways deserve the treatment.

I hope they pick Whoopsie Goldfarb to play "Ed McMahon."

For those who are too young to know, Johnny Carson was a BELOVED entertainer. MILLIONS would not go to bed until they heard his nightly monologue. He was funny, had fantastic comedic timing, and it was obvious that his guests (the essence of the program) genuinely liked him and were happy to be on the show.

But it appears that the "Johnny Carson" that the public loved was not the actual person; it was an invented personna. He was apparently something of a jag-off and a misanthrope in his personal life.

But why produce a show to expose the ugly side of this beloved person? Seriously. Why?

Forum List

Back