Johnson Johnson "open" to carbon taxes?

oldsoul

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2015
Standing with Covington Kids
I saw a story stating that Johnson is "open" to the possibility of carbon taxes. Can anyone verify this? Has he made a public statement to that effect? If so, where? I am asking because I have been able to find very little on this. I am newly following Johnson and am not sure if I am looking in the "right" places to find credible stories on him.

A few years ago he said no to it
His campaign website pretty much implies he is against it
:dunno:

Aw shucks....he's just pandering to the disaffected Sanders element that jones for higher taxes on everything that they don't personally buy.
Thanks for the quick response. It would seem as though you do not take this as seriously as I. If this story is true, it may well cost him my vote, so I take it quite seriously.

I saw a story stating that Johnson is "open" to the possibility of carbon taxes. Can anyone verify this? Has he made a public statement to that effect? If so, where? I am asking because I have been able to find very little on this. I am newly following Johnson and am not sure if I am looking in the "right" places to find credible stories on him.

There have been weasly statements that he wants a "fee" -- not a tax. Yeah right.

He's confused on the topic. Thinks that you can "price" the damage from CO2 like was done for REAL pollution. So he's flirting with some kind of cap and trade. Won't work for CO2. Because you'd never get farmers and land developers, beer brewers, etc on that train. And DAMAGE can't be quantified within any realistic frame of time or extent.

It's a bit disturbing -- but it's not a priority item of any type. You gotta answer EVERY question you get, (or just deflect). Johnson needs to have a couple meetings and get his answer to this straight.

Starting with --- all initial predictions and projections have failed. The warming that is DUE to human CO2 is likely to be WAY SHORT of the early alarmist estimates --- etc, etc..

Forum List

Back