Johns Hopkins: More gun control needed to prevent second civil war

Heller established the 2A is an individual right, and incorporated it against the States. That debate is over.
that’s not what it says. People and persons are enumerated differently throughout.
By your logic, the right to assemble is not an individual right either, since the 1A uses the same language... "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances"

Exactly and for obvious reasons. An assembly is the right of the people in general. There are some persons who are restricted from participating in this and ALL your rights..

Last edited:
That’s fictitious. The vast majority of military or civilian dead wouldn’t have been stopped if they were all armed with firearms. The bombs and artillery and mines and aircraft strafging if infrastructure and the destruction of supply lines., could not be stopped by small arms fire. One of the highest death tolls were by the elements ,starvation and lack of medical. Even partisans effectiveness is not measured by the personell they killed, but by the directed bombing and sabotage of military infrastructure.

Dumb shit......

Had there been guns in common use, the Germans would never have invaded the rest of Europe....how do we know?

Switzerland....

THE SWISS WERE PREPARED TO FIGHT FACISM TO THE BITTER END | FRONTLINE | PBS

That is why the Nazis despised Switzerland. Joseph Goebbels called Switzerland "this stinking little state" where "sentiment has turned very much against us." Adolf Hitler decided that "all the rubbish of small nations still existing in Europe must be liquidated," even if it meant he would later "be attacked as the 'Butcher of the Swiss.'"

The 1940 Nazi invasion plan, Operation Tannenbaum, was not executed, and SS Oberst Hermann Bohme's 1943 memorandum warned that an invasion of Switzerland would be too costly because every man was armed and trained to shoot. This did not stop the Gestapo from preparing lists of Swiss to be liquidated once the Nazis overran the country.

The other European nations were easily toppled and had little means to wage a partisan war against the occupation. Once their standing armies were defeated, the governments capitulated and the populaces were defenseless.

Only in Switzerland was the entire populace armed and prepared to wage a relentless guerrilla war against an invader. When the war began in 1939, Switzerland mobilized 435,000 citizen soldiers out of a population of 4.2 million. Production figures for Swiss service rifles, which had firepower equal to those of the Germans, demonstrate an ample supply of small arms.

Swiss militiamen were instructed to disregard any alleged "official" surrender as enemy propaganda and, if necessary, to fight individually. This meant that a nation of sharpshooters would be sniping at German soldiers at long ranges from every mountain.

While neutral, Switzerland was prepared to fight a Nazi invasion to the end. The celebrated Swiss Gen. Henri Guisan developed the strategy known as defense du reduit--an initial opposition followed by a retreat into the Alps, where a relentless war to the death would be waged. Most Swiss strongly opposed Nazism. Death sentences were issued for fifth-column activities, and proclamations against anti-Semitism were passed at various official levels. There was no Holocaust on Swiss soil, something that can not be said for France, the Netherlands, Poland or most of Europe.

A recent report by the Center for Gun Violence Solutions, which is part of Johns Hopkins (Michael) Bloomberg School of Public Health, conflates private gun ownership with armed insurrection in order to advocate for expanded gun control.

The 32-page study, which is titled “Defending Democracy: Addressing the Danger of Armed Insurrection,” not only revisits and revises the Jan. 6th protest – even though no protesters were armed and the only casualty was 35-year-old Air Force veteran Ashli Babbitt, who was shot and killed by Capitol Police – it resurrects actual armed insurrections from American history, such as Shays’ Rebellion of 1786, the Whiskey Rebellion of 1791 and the American Civil War.

The three authors, who are all attorneys with a history of paid anti-gun activism, clumsily raise the insurrection boogeyman to push for additional regulations for carrying firearms, tactical training prohibitions, additional gun-free zones, expanded Red Flag laws and the repeal of state preemption statutes, which has long been a major goal of the gun ban industry. Preemption laws prevent local jurisdictions from enacting their own gun-control regulations, which would result in a patchwork of gun-free zones.

The medical community and everyone in it needs to shut the fuck up on guns, politics, and law.

Study your damn medical shit and be ready to serve people in health care only.

It’s only a “second civil war” if the government wins again. Otherwise it would be the second revolutionary war. ;)

It's unavoidable at this point

....and he knew what he was talking about

he killed millions of citizens.

so....:mad:

1708129315150.png

that’s not what it says. People and persons are enumerated differently throughout.
You are wrong. Heller absolutely DOES establish the RKBA as an individual right.

"Beginning with the operative clause, the Supreme Court first concluded that the phrase the “right of the people,” as used in the Bill of Rights, universally communicates an individual right, and thus the Second Amendment protects a right that is “exercised individually and belongs to all Americans.”

Exactly and for obvious reasons. An assembly is the right of the people in general. There are some persons who are restricted from participating in this and ALL your rights.
See above. The term "the people" means each and every individual American.

Likewise, the 4th Amendment protects you as an individual against unreasonable search and seizure, etc- "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects"

And oh by the way, I never argued for some absolutist interpretation of the rights enshrined in the Constitution. There are exceptions to all, you can't yell "fire" in a crowded theatre and claim a first amendment protection. So peddle your strawman to someone else...

Last edited:
You are wrong. Heller absolutely DOES establish the RKBA as an individual right.

"Beginning with the operative clause, the Supreme Court first concluded that the phrase the “right of the people,” as used in the Bill of Rights, universally communicates an individual right, and thus the Second Amendment protects a right that is “exercised individually and belongs to all Americans.”

See above. The term "the people" means each and every individual American.

Likewise, the 4th Amendment protects you as an individual against unreasonable search and seizure, etc- "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects"
Wrong, bubba. The 2@ doesn’t begin with that phrase. Maybe you need to read it again.
Lets say the sentence, “you being foolish, you shouldn’t be allowed to carry a firearm.” You can’t dismiss the preparatory phrase, “ you being foolish….

Wrong, bubba. The 2@ doesn’t begin with that phrase. Maybe you need to read it again.
You have a serious comprehension issue. I know the wording of the 2A.

That text came from the Cornell Law School website, the language is from the Heller ruling. Read the link- it explains why the RKBA is not some kind of "collective" right as you are trying to imagine.

That horse has left the barn...

That text came from the Cornell Law School website, the language is from the Heller ruling. Read the link- it explains why the RKBA is not some kind of "collective" right as you are trying to imagine.

he/she/it is a fascist....they will never acknowledge truth, facts or reality....they need people disarmed so they can't stop dagosa and the other leftists from doing what leftists have done all around the world.

Johns Hopkins is a major medical center in the Urban Heck Hole of Baltimore Maryland.

They make literally billions treating gun shot wounds, and they are interested in protected their cash stream.

They know better than anyone that strict gun control over law abiders means more gun play among criminals and more money for them.

I can't blame these folks for their self serving statement, but we just need to recognize it as self serving.

You do know the wording, but any simpleton can just omit the preparatory clause and pretend it’s not there illiterate.
The 2@ is in its entirety, Bubba.

You do know the wording, but any simpleton can just omit the preparatory clause and pretend it’s not there illiterate.
The 2@ is in its entirety, Bubba.
No one is doing that. Heller addressed the preparatory clause as well, and it is explained in the Cornell law link I provided.

Read my Post #38 again. I was simply pointing out that Heller made your argument wrt "persons" and "people" moot.

Register your grievance with the USSC's interpretation with them- I don't really care that you disagree with it...

London newspaper 1775.

"We Must take the firearms away from the colonies to prevent a revolution. Send troops to Concord to seize firearms".

No one is doing that. Heller addressed the preparatory clause as well, and it is explained in the Cornell law link I provided.

Read my Post #38 again. I was simply pointing out that Heller made your argument wrt "persons" and "people" moot.

Register your grievance with the USSC's interpretation with them- I don't really care that you disagree with it...
if you were sure of it, you wouldn’t keep omitting it.
Simply put, it’s the reason why no right is absolute. You have a problem with that idea too.

if you were sure of it, you wouldn’t keep omitting it.
Simply put, it’s the reason why no right is absolute. You have a problem with that idea too.
Lol, I don't have to "omit" anything- you are the one making half-assed assertions. I am just showing you that your interpretation has been rejected by the Supreme Court.

And I already addressed the idea of absolutist interpretations in my post #45, there is no reason to repeat myself.

Simply put, your narrow interpretation is rejected in Heller. It is rejected in it's entirety- both clauses- individually, and taken together. The term "militia" does not mean what you think it means, the "people" does not mean what you think it means, and the right is not limited to the militia anyway.

The RKBA is an individual right, and it extends beyond the home. You want to change that, amend the Constitution.

Lol, I don't have to "omit" anything- you are the one making half-assed assertions. I am just showing you that your interpretation has been rejected by the Supreme Court.

And I already addressed the idea of absolutist interpretations in my post #45, there is no reason to repeat myself.

Simply put, your narrow interpretation is rejected in Heller. It is rejected in it's entirety- both clauses- individually, and taken together. The term "militia" does not mean what you think it means, the "people" does not mean what you think it means, and the right is not limited to the militia anyway.

The RKBA is an individual right, and it extends beyond the home. You want to change that, amend the Constitution.
I know what “ militia “ means. I also know what a comma is after a preparatory clause.

I know what “ militia “ means. I also know what a comma is after a preparatory clause.
Well apparently you don't, because the SCOTUS has a much broader view.

"...the Supreme Court majority concluded that the term “well-regulated militia” does not refer to state or congressionally regulated military forces as described in the Constitution’s Militia Clause;19 rather, the Second Amendment’s usage refers to all “able-bodied men” who are “capable of acting in concert for the common defense.” 20 The Court opined that the security of a free “state,” does not refer to the security of each of the several states, but rather the security of the country as a whole."

^^^From the Cornell link previously posted.

Well apparently you don't, because the SCOTUS has a much broader view.

"...the Supreme Court majority concluded that the term “well-regulated militia” does not refer to state or congressionally regulated military forces as described in the Constitution’s Militia Clause;19 rather, the Second Amendment’s usage refers to all “able-bodied men” who are “capable of acting in concert for the common defense.” 20 The Court opined that the security of a free “state,” does not refer to the security of each of the several states, but rather the security of the country as a whole."

^^^From the Cornell link previously posted.
So, it’s unconstitutional sell firearms to women ?
You just described a standing Army and Guard units…
Its impossible for unorganized crowd to act in concert.
“WTF does well regulated mean bubba”
I see you omitted the beginning and gave no link…same old bull shit.,

So, it’s unconstitutional sell firearms to women ?
No, we recognize that women and men have the same rights under the law. The 2A was not written to exclude one group or another, it was there to set a limit on Federal power.
You just described a standing Army and Guard units…
Its impossible for unorganized crowd to act in concert.
“WTF does well regulated mean bubba”
I see you omitted the beginning and gave no link…same old bull shit.,
I do not describe anything, I do not omit anything, I excerpted the relevant paragraph to the point I was making- the definition of "militia" in the context of the 2A, as applied in Heller.

The link was cited and previously provided- the Cornell Law page. Read it, it is quite clear.

No, we recognize that women and men have the same rights under the law. The 2A was not written to exclude one group or another, it was there to set a limit on Federal power.

I do not describe anything, I do not omit anything, I excerpted the relevant paragraph to the point I was making- the definition of "militia" in the context of the 2A, as applied in Heller.

The link was cited and previously provided- the Cornell Law page. Read it, it is quite clear.
It was mentioned..And you were wrong…
“The majority analyzed the Second Amendment’s two clauses and concluded that the…
The first was the purpose ....
A well regulated militia is the purpose of the 2@.
Nothing could be more plain.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back