John F Kennedy understood and learned, does, will Obama?

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
So, summing it up quickly, in 1961 JFK went to Vienna to meet Khrushchev for the first time and, was savaged. He said as much as he told James Reston that exactly. Shortly thereafter, the Berlin Wall went up.
Kennedy realized he had performed badly; felt that he had left Khrushchev with a poor image of him, as weak, perhaps ineffectual, ripe for the plucking as this performance did little to dispel the opinion at large ( and certainly Khrushchev’s) as to his missteps regards the Bay of Pigs fiasco etc. .

JFK’s life experience as a whole was a product of some encounters that provided him with true gravitas and a ‘center’ that would serve him well later, borne thru some hard life experiences, and though from a rich family and part of the ‘privileged’ , he carried his weight and stood up when he had to at a moment when it counted the most, being cited for his heroic conduct after the ramming of his PT Boat, keeping his men motivated, towing a man though, he himself was injured ( a lifelong ailment) to a nearby island, 3 terms as a congressman, 1 as a senator ( after 2 very difficult races) and reelected, then beginning his run for the presidency a year later….
When the Cuban missile crisis began, to some large extent born[e] via his poor initial meeting with Khrushchev, he found his ‘center’ again, and as we all know, he handled the issue with decisive alacrity.

Obama? I don’t know,*shrugs* …… are there life experiences that will serve as his ‘center’ now?

Being the gifted one, recognized as supremely endowed verbally and scholastically, praised and handled as one of the privileged. His early work, the ability to motivate people to protest for goods and services from others in possession of same, the practice of drumming up and focusing at his will, the ‘ aggrieved’. One former colleague provided some back handed praise for obama as being a guy who had a phenomenal faculty for walking the line, he works a room, leaves and everyone left behind thinks he’s on their side despite severe differences in their platforms etc. .

Elected to a one party body, no memorable achievements, a run for the senate against a severely politically wounded candidate who withdrew with a nutty latecomer as a stand in. 2 years as a senator and a successful run ( and reelection) to the presidency, no mean achievement, but, theres something just not there, lacking in all the ground we have covered in that time.

I remember the Hillary 3:00 am phone call add, and most of all, I remember Bidens remark ; "Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy,"….well, by some very adroit maneuvering, he/we escaped that 6 month window, hes held back the tides for 4 years, yes, a wonderful achievement but one wonders if the previous 4 years are coming home to roost, pun intended……

Whats come to pass, where in a former KBG col. is in the position to hold us in rancor, and we can go back and find our President in agreement as to the United States misplaced sense of Exceptionalism with this thug, well, I don’t know what inner strength or sense of duty Obama possesses, but, we are most certainly going to find out in the next 3 and half years, the Emperor has been exposed and he’d better find his clothes for all our sakes, fast.

So, summing it up quickly, in 1961 JFK went to Vienna to meet Khrushchev for the first time and, was savaged. He said as much as he told James Reston that exactly. Shortly thereafter, the Berlin Wall went up.
Kennedy realized he had performed badly; felt that he had left Khrushchev with a poor image of him, as weak, perhaps ineffectual, ripe for the plucking as this performance did little to dispel the opinion at large ( and certainly Khrushchev’s) as to his missteps regards the Bay of Pigs fiasco etc. .

JFK’s life experience as a whole was a product of some encounters that provided him with true gravitas and a ‘center’ that would serve him well later, borne thru some hard life experiences, and though from a rich family and part of the ‘privileged’ , he carried his weight and stood up when he had to at a moment when it counted the most, being cited for his heroic conduct after the ramming of his PT Boat, keeping his men motivated, towing a man though, he himself was injured ( a lifelong ailment) to a nearby island, 3 terms as a congressman, 1 as a senator ( after 2 very difficult races) and reelected, then beginning his run for the presidency a year later….
When the Cuban missile crisis began, to some large extent born[e] via his poor initial meeting with Khrushchev, he found his ‘center’ again, and as we all know, he handled the issue with decisive alacrity.

Obama? I don’t know,*shrugs* …… are there life experiences that will serve as his ‘center’ now?

Being the gifted one, recognized as supremely endowed verbally and scholastically, praised and handled as one of the privileged. His early work, the ability to motivate people to protest for goods and services from others in possession of same, the practice of drumming up and focusing at his will, the ‘ aggrieved’. One former colleague provided some back handed praise for obama as being a guy who had a phenomenal faculty for walking the line, he works a room, leaves and everyone left behind thinks he’s on their side despite severe differences in their platforms etc. .

Elected to a one party body, no memorable achievements, a run for the senate against a severely politically wounded candidate who withdrew with a nutty latecomer as a stand in. 2 years as a senator and a successful run ( and reelection) to the presidency, no mean achievement, but, theres something just not there, lacking in all the ground we have covered in that time.

I remember the Hillary 3:00 am phone call add, and most of all, I remember Bidens remark ; "Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy,"….well, by some very adroit maneuvering, he/we escaped that 6 month window, hes held back the tides for 4 years, yes, a wonderful achievement but one wonders if the previous 4 years are coming home to roost, pun intended……

Whats come to pass, where in a former KBG col. is in the position to hold us in rancor, and we can go back and find our President in agreement as to the United States misplaced sense of Exceptionalism with this thug, well, I don’t know what inner strength or sense of duty Obama possesses, but, we are most certainly going to find out in the next 3 and half years, the Emperor has been exposed and he’d better find his clothes for all our sakes, fast.

His goal, in my opinion, is to make us a Third World country and he is succeeding. If he isn't rendered powerless in 2014, we are the Titanic. :(

His goal, in my opinion, is to make us a Third World country and he is succeeding. If he isn't rendered powerless in 2014, we are the Titanic. :(

well, I am not sure he wants that, but we have taken a hit, and he needs to get it together.

The United States paid a deep price for JFK's education. I consider leading the rebels to be slaughtered like pigs in the bay of pigs by implying he would help them but not following up to be one of the saddest days in American history. Which was followed up by his masterfully saving the world from nuclear war in a crisis he created.

JFK never learned anything of the sort. He had the entire media fronting for him and his politically connected father and that's all it took. The Russians knew more about JFK's father bailing him out of scrape after scrape including dallying with a Nazi spy and having the only PT boat run over by a Japanese destroyer in the entire war. The media swooned over JFK's speech to the German people when he called himself a donut (berlinner) at the Berlin Wall and he walked away leaving Germans to be killed by Russian thugs for the crime of trying to visit their relatives across town. JFK used the CIA in ways that should have had him impeached and his crazy brother should have been arrested for trying to murder Castro. JFK never learned a thing and neither have Americans who were educated by union activist teachers.

Oh for crying out loud.

Why even pretend you're on the side of the US?

Sorry, but I'm just fed up with the endless shit from the traitors on the right.

But, that's okay.

Carry on with the Official Vlad Putin Fan Club very oddly named USMess.

well, I am not sure he wants that, but we have taken a hit, and he needs to get it together.

Sweetheart, he hasn't the "resolve" to get it together. He hasn't the stomach or the strength for it and doesn't want it, in the first place. This is a man, unaccustomed to being a leader. Look at his past. He has an inferiority complex and needs to bring the rest of our country down to the same deficiency. You see, to Obama he IS "getting it together." He has reduced us to a laughing stock and that he can and will deal with, as he will see it as a victory, in his twisted egomaniacal, narcissistic view of himself and the world. And no one he has in his Cabinet, is any better.

Last edited:
Oh for crying out loud.

Why even pretend you're on the side of the US?

Sorry, but I'm just fed up with the endless shit from the traitors on the right.

But, that's okay.

Carry on with the Official Vlad Putin Fan Club very oddly named USMess.

you're suffering from some malady I am not sure the DSM-5 can distinguish, were in did I praise Putin?

So, If I offer a critique in supposition of obama, I am a traitor?:eusa_eh: what happened to truth to power?

Some days when I'm reading the news I swear Obama's not happy just being the Captain of the Titanic.

He really wants to make a few more runs into the iceberg for good measure.

Last week, all the 'nuts were attacking President Obama for wanting to bomb Syria.

This week, the 'nuts are attacking President Obama for not wanting to bomb Syria.

Friendly advice...

...your derangement is getting old and stale.

JFK's greatest accomplishment was getting assassinated. Thus, the legend of Camelot supplanted a record of complete ineptness and amateurism. Sound familiar?

Facts just seem to be meaningless to all of you on the right. Obama threatens military action. Putin makes offer for Syria to give up chemical weapons if US does not use military force. Obama and the US win. Christ almighty, this ain't rocket science. Reagan threatened to escalate the arms race. The Soviet Union caved. Americans cheered. Obama follows Reagan's path, and half of America thinks Putin is a hero. WTF????

Forum List

Back