John Bolton teases presidential run, calls Trump statement on Constitution 'disqualifying', says he'd consider running "to stop Trump" damaging GOP

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
John Bolton says that if other Republicans running for president don’t forcefully denounce Trump, he will get in the race. (Please give me a debate stage with Trump, Pence, Pompeo, Bolton and Ye on it!)

I support some of his stuff on foreign policy, but strongly oppose his hawkish stance on Iran

R.94712176898f01f4974ff472daf93c20

• Banned
Unless leaders of the world’s most important countries can build enough trust to work together on the threats we share, we will all suffer catastrophes not even that sci-fi fan Ronald Reagan ever imagined.

that's why i'm throwing my support behind JOHN BOLTON For Secretary Of State or why not POTUS?

John Bolton says that if other Republicans running for president don’t forcefully denounce Trump, he will get in the race.
John has fundamentally misread the room. First and foremost because nobody gives a shit what he thinks. Or for that matter whether he decides to run or not.

Unless leaders of the world’s most important countries can build enough trust to work together on the threats we share, we will all suffer catastrophes not even that sci-fi fan Ronald Reagan ever imagined.

that's why i'm throwing my support behind JOHN BOLTON For Secretary Of State or why not POTUS?

The LAST thing we want is the rulers of countries cooperating to oppress the population of the planet.

I don't think we need a cross between Genghis Khan and a shit-eating rodent in the race.

I wonder who dominion will install this next time.... hopefully someone without that 1000-yard drooling fucktard stare.

Has John Bolton ever been elected to any office?
that's what they said about Trump

the human race will go EXTINCT if there is a new world war or God forbid a Cold War with China. we need someone with backbone

John Bolton says that if other Republicans running for president don’t forcefully denounce Trump, he will get in the race. (Please give me a debate stage with Trump, Pence, Pompeo, Bolton and Ye on it!)

I support some of his stuff on foreign policy, but strongly oppose his hawkish stance on Iran

he won’t be the person to stop trump

while there can never be effective diplomacy without both carrots and sticks on stand by for delivery to the opponent(s),
we will be needing a hawkish President to deal with the scum ruling arms producing nations within the (Middle-)Eastern Alliance (Russia+China+Iran+South-Africa+Venezuela + their minor allies).
these people have a cultural habit of treating their opponents (US + UK + EU + their minor allies) like fools, to pretend their offers of friendship are real, while they can suck more concessions out of us.
concessions that severely weaken us, for the next round of terror strikes or regional warfare. or both.
that President of yours that said 'peace can only be gained by means of strength', was *right*. but perhaps he should have mentioned that you need every kind of strength out there to stay safe on this planet. all sorts of mental and economic strengths too.
so whoever wins the Presidency : consider just how much of your nation's yearly money flow you want to send to the nations where those live that want our people dead, and who will actively and secretively work towards that end.

I predict several trial balloons for a run against Trump in the primary. I predict that few, if any, Republicans will actually run against him.

I will laugh my ass off at the Democrats apoplecty if Trump runs in the primary unopposed. They will demand answers from their "good Republicans" or "reasonable Republicans" as to why they are letting Bad Orange Man have it. Each of them will say that they hope Trump is not the nominee, he is not good for the Party, the country needs to be offered a real change, but that after much prayer, they have decided not to put their families through, blah blah blah . . .

:laughing0301:

John has fundamentally misread the room. First and foremost because nobody gives a shit what he thinks. Or for that matter whether he decides to run or not.
He's hoping for some fauning coverage from the media. I look for him to write a book. "How I took on Trump (Without actually Running Against Him)"

My humble opinion is this: Fuck Bolton. We already had a Bush/Cheney and that didn't work out.

Funny thing is that I used to think Bolton was the square deal 20 years ago or even just a few years ago. Anymore, there's hardly anyone left in the GOP whom I trust who hasn't either gone mental, traitor, or been caught lying out of the side of their mouths.

people, people.. let's just face the fact that we're ruled not by our Presidents but by the men and women behind the curtains, whether they work closely or remotely for the political party that your President serves.

this is the very reason we call political leaders 'puppets'.
and it's not a bad thing, or anything worth dis-respecting.
it's the way things are, and guess what? that's the same in Russia, China and Iran and all those places filled with peoples that in their heart hate us to some extent.

so let's just work with that, and hope that these people listen to solid arguments fed in by the public from time to time.

i'm not against working towards friendship with the peoples and leaders in the (Middle-)Eastern Alliance.
but let it be a friendship based on mutual strengths and respect, even if that does come with periods of distrust and antagonistic vibes in the air.
that way, we won't shoot ourselves or the common, voiceless, people over there, in the feet.
if we lure Iran into selling oil to us (and others) while ramping up their nuclear program in tolerated defiance, and then have Israel pop up as the fire cracker that sets off the "explosions" that attempt to topple the Iranian leaderships,
then i can predict you all with 100% certainty the rest of the Muslim fundamentalists world-wide (hundreds of millions) will see that as real and pure justification for a new round of terror strikes using a new generation of Muslim warriors.

and thus we end up in a never ending cycle of war with the (Middle-)Eastern Alliance, repeated every 40 to 60 years at the very least.

but then there's the other side of the coin : that peace through strength side.
you need wisdom, assertiveness, friendliness, and a superior economy and military that allows the other side to rival but never surpass the strengths of your own economy and militaries.

so, no, Bolton is probably not the right choice either.
he lacks the friendly wisdom that the job requires.
and frankly, this assertiveness + friendly wisdom that has become part of the job requirements for our top political leaders, needs to get fostered right at the universities that produce these leaders.
or we're gonna get our asses kicked. the population numbers combined with reports of their economies being very strong these days, dictate that.
2.3 billion (Middle-)Easterners vs 850 million Westerners - including Japanese, South-Koreans and Australians! 3-to-1 with their armies now getting upgraded to rival our technology level, we'll have to attack leaderships instead of populations, and we'll have to think about longterm PR consequences before engaging the adversaries in any sort of military way.

He expects Republicans to vote for him when he is the anti-Trump candidate??
real Republicans despise Trump since just about a week ago (when he made that rat-like comment about the constitution), in their hearts.
they just can't be seen publicly admitting to that, or they'll get labelled traitors by the Trumpies.
but i bet 20 pushups (at 135% weight, that's all i can offer) that Trump won't make it into the Oval Office a 2nd time! ;)

Forum List

Back