John Bolton Says Reelection Is ‘Only Thing That Mattered’ To Trump

The former national security adviser says the president has no problem “endangering or weakening the nation” if it helps him win reelection.

Former national security adviser John Bolton claims in his forthcoming book that every decision President Donald Trump has made in office has been “driven by reelection calculations.”

Bolton’s publisher, Simon & Schuster, shared the remarks Friday in a news release promoting the book, which details Bolton’s year and a half working for Trump. The president fired Bolton in September.

“I am hard-pressed to identify any significant Trump decision during my tenure that wasn’t driven by reelection calculations,” Bolton writes, saying he was often “astonished” by Trump’s singular motivation.

Bolton, one of the most controversial figures in American foreign policy, described Trump as a “president for whom getting reelected was the only thing that mattered, even if it meant endangering or weakening the nation.”

“Trump’s Ukraine-like transgressions existed across the full range of his foreign policy — and Bolton documents exactly what those were, and attempts by him and others in the Administration to raise alarms about them,” the Simon & Schuster news release states.

Bolton’s book, “The Room Where It Happened,” is scheduled for release June 23.

Not a surprise. Trump makes it obvious in everything he does that reelection is the only thing that matters to him. What do you think?
Did you buy his book? I have someThing to sell you to ha
Haven't bought a tell-all book since he early hiring and firing of his skilled nothing but the best management style, but will buy this one when it comes out. Don't like Bolton either, but the book will be a bet seller.

The former national security adviser says the president has no problem “endangering or weakening the nation” if it helps him win reelection.

Former national security adviser John Bolton claims in his forthcoming book that every decision President Donald Trump has made in office has been “driven by reelection calculations.”

Bolton’s publisher, Simon & Schuster, shared the remarks Friday in a news release promoting the book, which details Bolton’s year and a half working for Trump. The president fired Bolton in September.

“I am hard-pressed to identify any significant Trump decision during my tenure that wasn’t driven by reelection calculations,” Bolton writes, saying he was often “astonished” by Trump’s singular motivation.

Bolton, one of the most controversial figures in American foreign policy, described Trump as a “president for whom getting reelected was the only thing that mattered, even if it meant endangering or weakening the nation.”

“Trump’s Ukraine-like transgressions existed across the full range of his foreign policy — and Bolton documents exactly what those were, and attempts by him and others in the Administration to raise alarms about them,” the Simon & Schuster news release states.

Not a surprise. Trump makes it obvious in everything he does that reelection is the only thing that matters to him. What do you think?
That you're picking and choosing things to believe. Also, that I can't believe anyone is still surprised when a politician thinks primarily about getting re-elected.

Haven't bought a tell-all book since he early hiring and firing of his skilled nothing but the best management style, but will buy this one when it comes out. Don't like Bolton either, but the book will be a bet seller.
Damn I can write down fake news to will you buy it? Lol

Been listening to fake news from both sides ever since the cop killed the guy in Minneapolis, it doesn't change the fact that Bolton is writing from a postion and perspective not usually seen coming out of an administration, not matter how shitty the administration is, and make no mistake, this administration is pretty shitty. The book will be a best seller. I will buy it on Kindle and probably in hardback, just to have on the bookshelf, as I have bought important books before. I should not have much difficulty determining the "fake news" parts from the parts that trumpers do not like, simply because the truth sucks sometimes. After all, I don't like trump or Bolton, in fact, disliking Bolton much longer, since early Baby Bush days. Lost too many good people partly due to his bullshit to trust automatically now.

PROGS project, it's part of their make-up. Consider this thread and the fact it's PROGS who invented the Russian scandal, black oppression, COVID, riots, protest, division & victim roles. ALL for election and devious agendas.

Been listening to fake news from both sides ever since the cop killed the guy in Minneapolis, it doesn't change the fact that Bolton is writing from a postion and perspective not usually seen coming out of an administration, not matter how shitty the administration is, and make no mistake, this administration is pretty shitty. The book will be a best seller. I will buy it on Kindle and probably in hardback, just to have on the bookshelf, as I have bought important books before. I should not have much difficulty determining the "fake news" parts from the parts that trumpers do not like, simply because the truth sucks sometimes. After all, I don't like trump or Bolton, in fact, disliking Bolton much longer, since early Baby Bush days. Lost too many good people partly due to his bullshit to trust automatically now.
Cool story send me 35 bucks I’ll tell you some lines ha

Don't these (former) swamp creatures take an oath not to criticize a sitting President? The ironic thing is that Bolton never ran for office and the only thing he is interested in is the next ass he has to kiss to get an appointment.
Bolton obviously doesn't know what loyalty is.

I would modify that sentiment to say that the only thing that matters to Trump is Trump which is far broader than just reelection.

Forum List

Back