John Bolton Says Reelection Is ‘Only Thing That Mattered’ To Trump

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
The former national security adviser says the president has no problem “endangering or weakening the nation” if it helps him win reelection.

Former national security adviser John Bolton claims in his forthcoming book that every decision President Donald Trump has made in office has been “driven by reelection calculations.”

Bolton’s publisher, Simon & Schuster, shared the remarks Friday in a news release promoting the book, which details Bolton’s year and a half working for Trump. The president fired Bolton in September.

“I am hard-pressed to identify any significant Trump decision during my tenure that wasn’t driven by reelection calculations,” Bolton writes, saying he was often “astonished” by Trump’s singular motivation.

Bolton, one of the most controversial figures in American foreign policy, described Trump as a “president for whom getting reelected was the only thing that mattered, even if it meant endangering or weakening the nation.”

“Trump’s Ukraine-like transgressions existed across the full range of his foreign policy — and Bolton documents exactly what those were, and attempts by him and others in the Administration to raise alarms about them,” the Simon & Schuster news release states.

Bolton’s book, “The Room Where It Happened,” is scheduled for release June 23.

Not a surprise. Trump makes it obvious in everything he does that reelection is the only thing that matters to him. What do you think?

Last edited:
Butthurt Bolton.

So angry yet he wouldn't resign. :muahaha:

boltonford.jpg

The former national security adviser says the president has no problem “endangering or weakening the nation” if it helps him win reelection.

Former national security adviser John Bolton claims in his forthcoming book that every decision President Donald Trump has made in office has been “driven by reelection calculations.”

Bolton’s publisher, Simon & Schuster, shared the remarks Friday in a news release promoting the book, which details Bolton’s year and a half working for Trump. The president fired Bolton in September.

“I am hard-pressed to identify any significant Trump decision during my tenure that wasn’t driven by reelection calculations,” Bolton writes, saying he was often “astonished” by Trump’s singular motivation.

Not a surprise. Trump makes it obvious in everything he does that reelection is the only thing that matters to him. What do you think?
Gee a political office holder thinking about re-election, who would have thunk it.

Bolton, one of the most controversial figures in American foreign policy, described Trump as a “president for whom getting reelected was the only thing that mattered, even if it meant endangering or weakening the nation.”

“Trump’s Ukraine-like transgressions existed across the full range of his foreign policy — and Bolton documents exactly what those were, and attempts by him and others in the Administration to raise alarms about them,” the Simon & Schuster news release states.

It's always been about getting re-elected.
Nothing else has ever mattered to him.
He hates his job but he hates losing even more.

Sounds like trump to me. Not like we haven't heard stuff from him and his supporters about everything from coronavirus to the demonstrations being plots against his re-election.

And just what is the Chicken Hawk Bolton motivated by?

Gee a political office holder thinking about re-election, who would have thunk it.

What part of "only thing that mattered" went over the point on the top of your head?

Since day 1 in office he has done nothing but campaign, divide the country, lie, and make a total asshole of himself.

Did I miss something?

No different from any other politician, in particular Ears was no different.

Bolton should have spoken out during the House and Senate impeachment hearings.

I never liked the guy because he walked around with a hard on for going to war 24/7.
When he resigned over Trump's "drug deal" I had an iota of respect for him.
But when he refused to speak up during the impeachment hearings, he's just as big a malignant narcissistic jerk-off as Trump is.

No different from any other politician, in particular Ears was no different.

Ok, you stuck your big fat face into this: How did Obama endanger the country in his bid to win in 2012?

What part of "only thing that mattered" went over the point on the top of your head?
Pull your head out of the sand. The only thing that matters is re-election. What planet are you from?

Bolton should have spoken out during the House and Senate impeachment hearings.

I never liked the guy because he walked around with a hard on for going to war 24/7.
When he resigned over Trump's "drug deal" I had an iota of respect for him.
But when he refused to speak up during the impeachment hearings, he's just as big a malignant narcissistic jerk-off as Trump is.

He wasn't allowed to speak during the impeachment hearings. Not that he knew anything relevant anyhow.

Forum List

Back