Joe Wilson was right, Obama LIED

which has nothing to do with the current law....

would you rather they died in front of the hospital?

reality...the use of emergency facilities by uninsured people...legal or not... costs us a fortune.

Jillian, you must be aware that the SC has already ruled on cases which point towards illegal aliens receiving care under any national system.

Personally, I have no problem with them dying in front of, to the side of or even behind a hospital. It is their responsibility, no one invited them in so we owe them nothing - other than being shipped back to their CoO.

Mean, aren't I?

Ask yourself what the disparity in cost is between taking care of a person who needs emergency care and tracking down and deporting illegals.

and it IS our responsibility to be humane...

or we can be Iran.

whatever suits you.

I'm not talking about the cost, or the moral implications, (although the 'Iran' comment does make you look kind of silly, I'll let that slide).... I am talking about what Obama said. He said they would not be covered. You know he said they would not be covered. He lied. To congress - and worse, to the American people. For the record, I am aware that he is not the first POTUS to do so, but that doesn't make it okay either.

Fact: any healthcare facility will have to cover illegal aliens.

Fact: Obama said it would not.

Fact: He lied.

Illegals will not be covered by health insurance.

As a civilized nation, we will still provide emergency care as we always have

exactly.

and if they had half a brain, they'd make sure that the most expensive health care delivery system (hospital emergency rooms) wasn't used as primary care by people who can't afford doctors.

No, if we have half a brain, we'd find the illegals and send them home.

I saw this discussion on O'Reilly and he had the judge and a liberal professor from some law school and THEY BOTH AGREED. And the worst part was they both agreed that Obama must know this as well. Of course Joe was right and when people point it out, libs like Jillian deflect with cries of compassion for the "dying" in the ERs. It has nothing to do with the fact that Obama and others lied about it while at the same time accusing "Fox" and others of making up those lies. When you are trying to deceive people sometines its best to do it quietly. Otherwise people like Joe Wilson get a little loud.

I saw this discussion on O'Reilly and he had the judge and a liberal professor from some law school and THEY BOTH AGREED. And the worst part was they both agreed that Obama must know this as well. Of course Joe was right and when people point it out, libs like Jillian deflect with cries of compassion for the "dying" in the ERs. It has nothing to do with the fact that Obama and others lied about it while at the same time accusing "Fox" and others of making up those lies. When you are trying to deceive people sometines its best to do it quietly. Otherwise people like Joe Wilson get a little loud.

I agree we would be compassionate. We should not make them walk home, we should provide transport. How nice am I?

exactly.

and if they had half a brain, they'd make sure that the most expensive health care delivery system (hospital emergency rooms) wasn't used as primary care by people who can't afford doctors.

No, if we had half a brain we would find the employers of illegals and send them to jail. Once the jobs go away, so will the illegals

exactly.

No, if we had half a brain we would find the employers of illegals and send them to jail. Once the jobs go away, so will the illegals

Obama's at least covering that...:confused:

Last edited:
Ha ha. I'm a bit softer than you.My idea is to treat them and then have the discharge papers include their deportation notice. And if they have American kids, they can sign them over to social services or TAKE THEM WITH THEM! If that will prevent them from getting treated then dying is their choice.

reality...the use of emergency facilities by uninsured people...legal or not... costs us a fortune.

Jillian, you must be aware that the SC has already ruled on cases which point towards illegal aliens receiving care under any national system.

Personally, I have no problem with them dying in front of, to the side of or even behind a hospital. It is their responsibility, no one invited them in so we owe them nothing - other than being shipped back to their CoO.

Mean, aren't I?

What a callous bitch!

Makes you regret you are of the same species

How people can be so stupid and so evil is beyond me.

Illegals recieve care NOW. The care they recieve is the most expensive care there is.
No one is going to get care who already doesnt get care they will just get it in a cheaper manner.
YOU PAY FOR THIER CARE NOW!

If you force any heathcare provider to check peoples immigration status before they administer care then LEGAL AMERICAN CITIZENS will die while wating for care.

Health care providers are not La Migra.

Health care providers are healthcare providers.

You have to be willing to let a baby bleed to death in a Hospital parking lot because his parents lost their "papers" in the crash.

How is it you people can be sooooooo stupid and sooooo evil all at once?

REALITY, when Obama claimed Health Care reform would not cover illegals he OUTRIGHT LIED. It will and it does. UNLESS Congress writes in an exclusion which they did not do and had no intention of doing. And Obama knew it.

From the Article...
[SNIP]
"... The Constitution requires that the government treat all persons similarly situated in a similar manner. This is the essence of "Equal Protection," which the Constitution requires of the states and the federal government.

In the late 1970s, the State of Texas enacted legislation that denied a public school education to the children of illegal immigrants and denied state aid to municipalities that attempted to educate those children. Many illegal immigrants filed suit and all of the cases made their way to the Supreme Court. In a landmark ruling, that most lawyers know about, and that every professor of constitutional law knows about, called Plyler vs. Doe (1982), the Court ordered Texas to make the same education available to illegal immigrants as it does to citizens. In so doing, the Court held that: (a) the Constitution protects "persons;" and (b) persons are citizens as well as strangers, people born here and people who end up here, people here lawfully and people here unlawfully; and (c) in the area of social services, whatever benefits the government makes available to the general public cannot be kept away from a class of persons based on their immigration status or that of their parents. "

[/SNIP]

Article

Same applies to healthcare in which illegals are afforded care now as the case above illustrates regarding education.

Joe Wilson was correct, but his outburst was out of line. Obama did lie, and he being a so-called Constitutional Scholar, he should have known this. Albiet? We already know his stance on The Constitution...He loathes it's construct, and means to change it by whatever means. he's already shown it by his actions to date in my view.

Of course the Illegal Immigration debate will heat up (from what I hear) in February of 2010. look for this to be a sticking point and hotly contested point in the debate.

Of course too, we know that both parties see these illegals as future voters, so stand by for the fireworks. It should get interesting on top of
everything else the Congress proposes to do. They have placed themselves in a moral quandry by not enforcing immigration laws/deporting illegals in the first place.

And by the way? I post this to bolster your point, and nothing more. Just my view. ;)

exactly.

Idiot... BOTH are criminals... you don't just close your eyes and think the illegals will go away with just an attempted crackdown on under-the-table employers of these criminals.. you must make it unpalatable to the illegals... instant deportation and confiscation of all property... treatment as a criminal while awaiting the process to be done...

Not to mention you have to make it encouraged for the countries where most illegals come from to want to help ensure they also are in the fight to prevent illegals immigration... increase tariffs for every illegal caught.. increase trade restrictions... give no benefits

The illegals come here for that reason, it goes way beyond "emergency" care
And that is why we are in deep trouble, there must be boundaries in all things, but atlas, the liberals will never get this. Bleeding hearts that they have for everything, except for what keep us safe and free, and economically viable.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7qKD-Ph7ds[/ame]

Illegal immigrants have to be given Medicaid?

I did not know that...

They get treatment in Hospitals already paid for by State Medicaid. (Taxpayers)

But since healthcare is proposed to be controlled under the Federal umbrella, and subsequently will be made manditory for everyone (citizens) to have coverage, or be forced to go to the Government Plan?

What to do with the Illegals? And as the story states that even illegals cannot be treated any different from citizens [equal protection]?

Tell me what is going on here?

I'd like to hear how much truthmattersnot and others are willing to pay per year to save the bleeding orphans. 5K? 10K? Please be specific.

My insurance costs 16K. I will go on the record saying that I am not willing to pay one dime more.

Illegal immigrants have to be given Medicaid?

I did not know that...

They get treatment in Hospitals already paid for by State Medicaid. (Taxpayers)

But since healthcare is proposed to be controlled under the Federal umbrella, and subsequently will be made manditory for everyone (citizens) to have coverage, or be forced to go to the Government Plan?

What to do with the Illegals? And as the story states that even illegals cannot be treated any different from citizens [equal protection]?

Tell me what is going on here?

The reason they want mandatory coverage is so people won't game the change in the pre-existing conditions rule for insurance companies. If you force insurance companies to take people with pre-existing conditions, then some people will just wait until they get sick.

Forum List

Back