Joe, shower us with money and win our love

Government never comes up with anything, other than new ways to fleece the taxpayers out of their money. Granted, the government has a propensity for throwing a shitload of money into different things. But the majority of groundbreaking innovations were accomplished through the private sector, with private investors.

Take fracking for instance: For the first time in this country's history, we actually became a "net exporter" of oil and gas. Do you even know what that means? That means that we were exporting more oil and gas than we were importing.

Now please if you would, explain to me how your precious "government" had a hand in that? They didn't. In fact, your idiotic "government" under Crappy-Pants McBiden decided to nix a pipeline that would have made us more energy-independent while at the same time, giving Russia the nod to begin their own pipeline.

Fuck your government in the ass.
ARPANET - Wikipedia government-funded.
Smallpox Eradication Programme - SEP (1966-1980) government-funded
National Aeronautics and Space Administration government funded
I can go on and on.

On the contrary. Not only do I accept responsibility for myself and my family. I accept that I have a responsibility to the society I live in. That is actually what patriotism is. Not pride in a flag or an anthem but a sense of being part of a larger whole and the responsibility that goes with that.

I believe that everybody regardless of their or their family's financial status should have the opportunity to make something of themself and I accept that that requires certain things from me.

No what you have is a fear of responsibility. Anyone who can accept government taking your wages without demanding accountability and verifiable results for the money being spent is a child. Grow up.

No, it doesn't. It requires me to believe that the government in order to do its job requires money to operate. And since I want the government to do its job the society as a whole needs to fund it by giving a PART of what it earns to do so. It is no different than anyone paying a PART of what they earn in order to pay for a tv, or for instance a cleaning service.
There's a big a difference. "Society as a whole" is an abstract concept. It doesn't pay for anything. Individuals buy a TV or pay a cleaning service. They actually have credit cards and checking accounts they can use to pay for stuff. "Society as a whole" doesn't.

Big fuckin' deal. So some low-level government bureaucrat redirected funds in the amount of one million dollars from a ballistic missile defense program, to fund ARPANET. Whoop de fuckin' do.

Do you even know how much private industry has invested in the internet, per year? How about $80 billion of private capital? Are you so ignorant that you think you'd get the same thing if the internet were publicly-funded?

Much of America’s Infrastructure is Crumbling; Broadband is the Exception | NCTA — The Internet & Television Association

Now tell me again how your precious "government" is going to come along, hold you in its arms, whisper sweet nothings into your ear, and sing you to sleep with a lullaby.

If you have so much trust and faith in your priceless "government", you're as stupid as those morons in New Orleans who thought their "government" was going to come rescue them from Hurricane Katrina. They fuckin' died. As will you, if you think your "government" is your almighty lord and savior.

I don't know why I'm even wasting my time on you. It's obvious that you're so far out of reach, that I might as well be trying to teach a dog to recite poetry.

No what you have is a fear of responsibility. Anyone who can accept government taking your wages without demanding accountability and verifiable results for the money being spent is a child. Grow up.

I gave you the verifiable results. By giving you examples of what is available to me.
I'm going to the US on Sunday. For a month, while getting paid. I have access to cheap, unlimited health care, regardless of what ails me or how long it takes to get healthy. I will be capable of sending my kid to ANY college in my country without having to save for it or my kid having to be in debt for 20 years. If I get unemployed my country pays for retraining even if it takes year, while giving me a living wage. I have payed time of if I become a father, my wife gets pregnant or somebody in my family dies.If I get sick I can get a nurse or physio to my house for a few bucks a month.
and by giving you a verifiable example of governments being able to provide healthcare at a cheaper price than your for-profit system is able to accomplish.
You think so. The US spends 16.89 of its GDP on its for-profit healthcare system. 3rd highest in the world.
Belgium, or for that matter all countries with socialized healthcare spend about 40 percent less. Current health expenditure (% of GDP) | Data

You keep on telling me to grow up? In my opinion, I'm a hell of a lot more grown-up than you are. I don't have to ask questions, get answers and then talk like those answers were never provided?

I gave you the verifiable results. By giving you examples of what is available to me.

and by giving you a verifiable example of governments being able to provide healthcare at a cheaper price than your for-profit system is able to accomplish.

You keep on telling me to grow up? In my opinion, I'm a hell of a lot more grown-up than you are. I don't have to ask questions, get answers and then talk like those answers were never provided?

So you are paying a large amount of taxes (50% if you earn more than $40,000 USD a year?) and you are satisfied that the money government is spending is achieving the desired results. Congratulations, you are incredibly compliant and any government would love to have you as their citizen.

Hard to believe that the Flemish are fed-up with the waste and general dysfunctionality of the Belgian government. You really should try to explain to them your view of the situation.

So you are paying a large amount of taxes (50% if you earn more than $40,000 USD a year?) and you are satisfied that the money government is spending is achieving the desired results. Congratulations, you are incredibly compliant and any government would love to have you as their citizen.

Hard to believe that the Flemish are fed-up with the waste and general dysfunctionality of the Belgian government. You really should try to explain to them your view of the situation.

I do. Usually by describing the situation in the US and what low taxation means from a practical standpoint there. Invariably they are surprised and then say they rather pay the taxes that provide for the standard of living in Belgium.

Now I'm going to bed. You know us European freeloaders have a 12-hour shift tomorrow.

I do. Usually by describing the situation in the US and what low taxation means from a practical standpoint there. Invariably they are surprised and then say they rather pay the taxes that provide for the standard of living in Belgium.

So there are stupid people in Belgium and the US - seems about right.

Allowing corporations to have a zero tax liability or in some cases $$$ back on a tax return IS giving them $$$, you moron.

So, one person goes to college has to pay for the entire tuition. the other person gets a full scholarship.
So, which one is getting something for free.

Has nobody ever explained that to you?
Blame Congress for all the loopholes, incentives, depreciation and deductions our corporations get. Democrats and Republicans have helped the rich out for many decades. Don't blame corporations for taking advantage of what Congress gives out. You and I do it all the time.

As opposed to giving trillions in tax breaks to millionaires you mean? Or is that not showering corporations with money?
Aren't they the ones paying the taxes? Anyway get a new talking point. Just like Bush's tax cut, everyone that pays taxes got a cut. But the more you pay, the more you get back. General math.

Government gave someone money? What did government hold a bake sale or something? Where do you think the money came from? :itsok:
The taxpayer, eventually.
Just like insurance $$$ comes from the policy holders.
Did they have a bake sale to hold their prices down when the uninsured ends up crashing their car or ends up hospitalized?
No moron, hospitals/car insurers raised their rates.

Government never comes up with anything, other than new ways to fleece the taxpayers out of their money. Granted, the government has a propensity for throwing a shitload of money into different things. But the majority of groundbreaking innovations were accomplished through the private sector, with private investors.

Take fracking for instance: For the first time in this country's history, we actually became a "net exporter" of oil and gas. Do you even know what that means? That means that we were exporting more oil and gas than we were importing.

Now please if you would, explain to me how your precious "government" had a hand in that? They didn't. In fact, your idiotic "government" under Crappy-Pants McBiden decided to nix a pipeline that would have made us more energy-independent while at the same time, giving Russia the nod to begin their own pipeline.

Fuck your government in the ass.
"Take fracking for instance: For the first time in this country's history, we actually became a "net exporter" of oil and gas. Do you even know what that means? That means that we were exporting more oil and gas than we were importing".

"Now please if you would, explain to me how your precious "government" had a hand in that? They didn't".

You're FOS.

December 13 2015
The United States lifted a 40-year ban on oil exports on Friday, marking a historic shift for the booming US oil industry.

The measure was included in a massive $1.1 trillion spending bill that easily passed Congress.

Republican lawmakers and major oil companies who lobbied hard for lifting the ban, arguing it would create US jobs and boost the security of Washington's European allies.

Ah, so drawing conclusions when confronted by comparing verifiable results in 2 different countries is stupid now?

You might want to post a link to verify your claims. That said what is stupid is that you claim that you like that the government cares for you while taking 50% of everything you earn and you express that everyone you talk to wishes they could have what you have.

So your claim seems to be that Belgium is envied by people living in countries like the US - meanwhile growing numbers of Flemish want to divide the country in two to free themselves from lazy Walloons and a dysfunctional Belgian government. I guess the Flemish must be stupid for wanting something better.

Sorry DBA from personal experience I know that is BS. My mother-in-law was upper-middle class. An RN in NY. Made good money, was well insured, had a nice house and savings. Ended up with none of that because she had to take early retirement because of shitty post-op care. Was in and out of hospitals for a decade before dying.

Most of her family is the same, clean-cut all-American family of certain means. In Europe, they would even be considered rich. When I visit I'm always struck by the financial worries they still face. Simply by virtue that their financial future always seems insecure.

If your mother-in-law lived in or around NYC, that would explain it. There are most certainly some areas that the standard of living is not good even for those making what is considered upper-middle class to lower-upper class money. These are the exceptions however. NY, LA and several other large blue cities aside, an upper middle to lower upper class income provides for a very nice standard of living in the US.

I am beginning to think that your only real glimpse into the US is NYC. It is often the case that people on business and pleasure travel to NYC and base their opinions of the US on this city. It is VERY expensive, dirty and crowded. I know that if I came from a block apartment in Europe to NYC I would want to go back to my block apartment as soon as possible. Making 150k/yr in NYC you still live in squalor. It is what it is, but what it is not is indicative of the majority of the US in terms of beauty, standard of living or population density. Keep in mind, the US is HUGE. NY state is the size of some European countries. The US is almost as big as all of Europe. The standards of living vary greatly as does the geography and climate.

The taxpayer, eventually.
Just like insurance $$$ comes from the policy holders.
Did they have a bake sale to hold their prices down when the uninsured ends up crashing their car or ends up hospitalized?
No moron, hospitals/car insurers raised their rates.
Bro, you Dem idiots are now proposing a traffic congestion tax on the 1%. You know, because 1% should be responsible for the other 99% of traffic congestion. Why don't you gutless cowards call it what it really is, steal OUR money tax. :eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back