Joe Scarborough: Nobody Thinks Romney Is Going To Win

My fingers are crossed that he picks Paul Ryan for VP. If he does, that will prove just how much of a political idiot Romney really is. However, I can't imagine that he's quite that dumb, because Ryan would be a lightning rod.

The Electoral College projections I've seen all point to an Obama walk-over. He's starting at 280 votes to Mitt's 200 or so. No one expects the GOP to lose the House, and the Senate is a toss-up. So no decisive election and the country goes bankrupt. No one wins.

By James Crugnale

During the Wednesday edition of Morning Joe, host Joe Scarborough observed that “nobody” was expecting Republican hopeful Mitt Romney to beat President Obama in 2012.

“Nobody thinks Romney’s going to win,” Scarborough said candidly. “Let’s just be honest. Can we just say this for everybody at home? Let me just say this for everybody at home.”

“The Republican establishment — I’ve yet to meet a single person in the Republican establishment that thinks Mitt Romney is going to win the general election this year,” Scarborough continued. “They won’t say it on TV because they’ve got to go on TV and they don’t want people writing them nasty emails. I obviously don’t care. But I have yet to meet anybody in the Republican establishment that worked for George W. Bush, that works in the Republican congress, that worked for Ronald Reagan that thinks Mitt Romney is going to win the general election.”​

More: Joe Scarborough: Nobody Thinks Romney Is Going To Win | Mediaite

No, the correct quote is "Joe Scarborough thinks nobody thinks Romney will win". Sounds a little bit different that way.

By James Crugnale

During the Wednesday edition of Morning Joe, host Joe Scarborough observed that “nobody” was expecting Republican hopeful Mitt Romney to beat President Obama in 2012.

“Nobody thinks Romney’s going to win,” Scarborough said candidly. “Let’s just be honest. Can we just say this for everybody at home? Let me just say this for everybody at home.”

“The Republican establishment — I’ve yet to meet a single person in the Republican establishment that thinks Mitt Romney is going to win the general election this year,” Scarborough continued. “They won’t say it on TV because they’ve got to go on TV and they don’t want people writing them nasty emails. I obviously don’t care. But I have yet to meet anybody in the Republican establishment that worked for George W. Bush, that works in the Republican congress, that worked for Ronald Reagan that thinks Mitt Romney is going to win the general election.”​

No, the correct quote is "Joe Scarborough thinks nobody thinks Romney will win". Sounds a little bit different that way.

Okay, so you're smarter than Scarborough and have better contacts. Good for you...

He doesn't, but he was talking about Republican leaders and insiders he has spoken with. Remember, he used to be in the House.

First how many has he actually spoken with second that was from April over four months ago now.

Ask him? He's the one in constant contact with Congress and Republican leaders and insiders.
I notice you ignored the part about that comment being four months ago.

Okay, so you're smarter than Scarborough and have better contacts. Good for you...

I might be smarter than Joe Scarborough but anybody who works for a news network has contacts who tell him whatever the network wants to hear. The correct quote is that "Joe Scarborough thinks that nobody thinks that Romney will win". That opinion and a buck will get you a cup of morning joe.

If Scarborough was psychic, he'd have foreseen his own demise in Congress. His two cents worth isn't, more like a half penny.

Ask him? He's the one in constant contact with Congress and Republican leaders and insiders.
I notice you ignored the part about that comment being four months ago.

Irrelevant to the OP, especially since Romney's poll numbers are even lower than then.

Hardly irrelevant since Romney was not even the presumptive nominee at the time he didn't wrap that up till late May or early June I believe whats irrelevant is what people said in April or earlier.Right now Obama does have a poll lead mainly because he has spent a lot more in ads than Romney has to date but don't forget Romney Romney has out raised Obama in the last three months and will have a ton of money to start his media blitz plus Romney will announce his VP pick possibly this week both of which will tighten the polls up. Anyone who thinks this race is a slam dunk for either man is deluding themselves.

As I recall Carter was leading by six points.

Reagan won in a landslide.

Food for thought.

By James Crugnale

Loon Wolf, you are an unbelievably insincere jerk.

Scarborough stated this over FIVE MONTHS AGO...........on April 4, 2012.

How far back are you going to go with your propaganda? Maybe a quote from some Massachusetts Democrat who said in 2002 that Romney is a terrible governor?

Do you have ANY boundaries?

And further more Joey said...
Romney will lose if he doesn't dramatically change his strategy,...Negative ads won't substitute for conservative ideas.
Joe Scarborough Slams Mitt Romney: 'A Real Conservative Would Be Winning'

Toast I sed...TOAST!!!

:lol:
lol

And Joe, today:

"Mitt Romney is in trouble. Not because of a boring convention or a bloodless speech or a grossly inappropriate press conference, but rather because the man refuses to stick his neck out and take a stand on the critical issues of our time."

Opinion: The problem with Mitt - Joe Scarborough - POLITICO.com

Forum List

Back