Joe Manchin says his own party is violating the law he signed

And he is different than any other politician-------how?
Manchin has interests in coal mining in West Virginny earning him bewtween $500,000 to $1 million a year. His policy initiatives revolve around them. He's a slime ball.

You assume this upsets him

I say he is just playing stupid in the hopes of being reelected by a state that will be devastated in regards to less coal production.

For all we know Joe Manchin may bow to an alter of Karl Marx every night before bed.

He has a beloved serious challenger this time.

Hmmm. The date of your first article is 4/2022. It states that current levels could be maintained for decades. Fuel prices indicate that this is inadequate. As this chart shows, US production is 25 million bbls a month below what it was when Trump left office. Current levels are insufficient.

Except that you’re difficult to read chart isn’t entirely correct. The federal government records indicate the crew toilet production is up by more than 10% over January 2021, when Biden took office.

So then shouldn't he know better? I get the feeling his.own larty wants him out so the gently force him out by weakening his hand on re-election.

He does know better and he is just lying himself since he is up for reelection.

Fuck Manchin. He wants to have it both ways. He knows exactly what happens when he supports these crap bills. He's the worst kind of creature in DC.

View attachment 781599

adchoices.png

Sen. Joe Manchin on Tuesday tore into Interior Secretary Deb Haaland for ignoring federal law that requires fossil fuel and critical mineral development, and for the first delay in U.S. history in developing a five-year offshore oil and gas lease sale plan.
At a Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee hearing, Manchin told Haaland that he and other senators are "tired" of asking about these delays month after month with no clear answers.
"Secretary Haaland, when it comes to these energy and mineral programs that are so crucial to our energy and national security, I must say, for the last few years, it has felt like we are repeating the same conversations and having the same talks over and over," Manchin said. "I’m tired, and I know the members of this committee are tired, of asking again and again, when will we see progress on the action required by law, and being told ‘soon,’ and ‘we are working on it.’"

"We need and deserve better answers than that," he said.

Manchin used the hearing to accuse Haaland and the entire administration of ignoring language in the Inflation Reduction Act that said the government cannot explore offshore wind or onshore wind and solar production unless it continues to develop offshore oil and gas.

READ ON THE FOX NEWS APP

"We tied that to the IRA," he said. "You cannot do offshore wind, you cannot do onshore wind or solar unless we are extracting the resources that the good Lord has given us.

"You can feel our frustration on what’s going on here. It seems like we’re flagging it every day," he added.

As evidence that the administration is slow-walking fossil fuel development, Manchin noted several times that officials failed to develop a five-year offshore oil and gas leasing plan by last summer’s deadline. Industry experts have said that delay would hurt U.S. oil and gas development in the years ahead and have noted that the only offshore oil and gas leases that have taken place under Biden have been those ordered by Congress or the courts.

"We’ve never even had a gap between programs before, never a gap, let alone the year and a half delay that we’re expecting now," Manchin said of the delayed five-year plan. "In fact, we talked about this exact issue at this same hearing last year."

"The lack of progress with this program combined with the lack of advanced preparation for 2024 sales unfortunately sends a signal that you have no intention of holding any offshore lease sales in 2024, after the final mandatory sale in September 2023," Manchin added.

When asked about the delayed plan in the hearing, Haaland blamed the Trump administration and said it should be ready several months from now.

"The reason the five-year plan is behind is because the previous administration dropped the ball and stopped working on the plan," she said. "Our staff picked it up, they started working on it, we expect the final plan out in September."

"We’ve never even had a gap between programs before, never a gap, let alone the year and a half delay that we’re expecting now," Manchin said of the delayed five-year plan. "In fact, we talked about this exact issue at this same hearing last year."

LOL.

Is Joe Manchin that naive, to believe the DNC would follow the law he signed which was to pursue fossil fuel development or is he just playing stupid for the Red State of WVA?
Manchin is up for re-election soon. Time to appeal to his constituents for a few months. Then back to “business as usual” once re-elected.

Here is another view:
But the Oil companies can spout bullshit and they will believe anything they say..

You assume this upsets him

I say he is just playing stupid in the hopes of being reelected by a state that will be devastated in regards to less coal production.

For all we know Joe Manchin may bow to an alter of Karl Marx every night before bed.

With 11 million job openings in the United States of America, at present, it is entirely unnecessary for any state to be “devastated” by the loss of just one industry.

Why aren’t you spending money to retrain people displaced by mine closures, getting them into all of these good paying jobs you can’t fill?

When all of the automobile manufacturing left Canada and moved to Mexico, the Canadian government spent a small fortune retraining, all of the workers.

Oshawa used to be the “GM town”. 166,000 people, 20,000 of whom worked for General Motors or their direct suppliers. In 2018, GM renovated the plant and restarted production of automobiles there. There are 2500 people still working for General Motors in Oshawa, but the city has never bankruptcy or economic deprivation, because of the offshoring any of the auto industry.

Any worker who’s been out of work for six months is entitled to apply for training grants with income supports during retraining.

American government does a little for working Americans. Everybody’s expected to “pull themselves up by their bootstraps”. Anybody who doesn’t is lazy and shiftless.

In the meantime, wealthy Americans get every break possible, and every sort of assistance to help them become more wealthy. Their children have “legacy admissions” into universities. 1/3 of all Ivy Keague admissions are reserved for “legacy admissions”.

How many bright, qualified, highly motivated poor kids are denied admission to Ivy League schools to make way for the slacker offspring of the wealthy and connected? And what do you complain about? Affirmative action for racial minorities. Legacy admissions are affirmative action for slacker, rich kids but you say nothing about them.

Increasing the supply of Oil in the US will mean fuck all to the price of Gas...

That is a fact... So why rip up huge tracks of land and pollute the environment to do that?

The main benefiters to extracting Oil in US is Oil Companies...

You see Oil is priced Globally not Locally...

The US People don't own the Oil that is extracted in US, the Oil Companies do and they legally have to sell to the highest bidder (transport is insignificant <1c a gallon)...

Oil Companies know they can scam enough of the US public into believing then con trick.

With 11 million job openings in the United States of America, at present, it is entirely unnecessary for any state to be “devastated” by the loss of just one industry.

Why aren’t you spending money to retrain people displaced by mine closures, getting them into all of these good paying jobs you can’t fill?

When all of the automobile manufacturing left Canada and moved to Mexico, the Canadian government spent a small fortune retraining, all of the workers.

Oshawa used to be the “GM town”. 166,000 people, 20,000 of whom worked for General Motors or their direct suppliers. In 2018, GM renovated the plant and restarted production of automobiles there. There are 2500 people still working for General Motors in Oshawa, but the city has never bankruptcy or economic deprivation, because of the offshoring any of the auto industry.

Any worker who’s been out of work for six months is entitled to apply for training grants with income supports during retraining.

American government does a little for working Americans. Everybody’s expected to “pull themselves up by their bootstraps”. Anybody who doesn’t is lazy and shiftless.

In the meantime, wealthy Americans get every break possible, and every sort of assistance to help them become more wealthy. Their children have “legacy admissions” into universities. 1/3 of all Ivy Keague admissions are reserved for “legacy admissions”.

How many bright, qualified, highly motivated poor kids are denied admission to Ivy League schools to make way for the slacker offspring of the wealthy and connected? And what do you complain about? Affirmative action for racial minorities. Legacy admissions are affirmative action for slacker, rich kids but you say nothing about them.
Using Canada as an example of a beacon of innovation and intelligent workforce is insulting. The path to riches in Canada is through govenrment jobs, especially true of our covert police force, paid for by the broke taxpayer. Our PR campaigns aren't even effective anymore at fooling the rest of the world. Don't say that some of us didn't warn you...

Using Canada as an example of a beacon of innovation and intelligent workforce is insulting. The path to riches in Canada is through govenrment jobs, especially true of our covert police force, paid for by the broke taxpayer. Our PR campaigns aren't even effective anymore at fooling the rest of the world. Don't say that some of us didn't warn you...

Why do you continue to post these lies and bullshit about Canada? Nobody makes any real money working for anybody else, including the government. There is far more money to be made working for the American government then there will ever be in Canada.

And then there’s your obsession with CSIS. I’ve known some genuinely radical people in my life. I was even acquainted with the Catholics priest who bombed the Morgenthaler clinic in Toronto, through work. No one I have ever met in the 74 years of my life, has ever been investigated by, or run afoul of CSIS.

In fact, the only people I have ever heard of having problems with CSIS were foreign spies here on student visas, or as landed immigrants.

So I have to ask you, why does CSIS consider you a security threat to Canada? Why is CSIS harassing YOU?

There isn’t a single answer you can provide that will make you seem more credible.

Why do you continue to post these lies and bullshit about Canada? Nobody makes any real money working for anybody else, including the government. There is far more money to be made working for the American government then there will ever be in Canada.

And then there’s your obsession with CSIS. I’ve known some genuinely radical people in my life. I was even acquainted with the Catholics priest who bombed the Morgenthaler clinic in Toronto, through work. No one I have ever met in the 74 years of my life, has ever been investigated by, or run afoul of CSIS.

In fact, the only people I have ever heard of having problems with CSIS were foreign spies here on student visas, or as landed immigrants.

So I have to ask you, why does CSIS consider you a security threat to Canada? Why is CSIS harassing YOU?

There isn’t a single answer you can provide that will make you seem more credible.
This isn't CSIS, it is the covert Creepy Ones from TPS, Peel Region, Durham Region and OPP and their Big Brother RCMP.

Do you think if you keep repeating that old sailed CSIS ship that I will believe it?

You are part of the problem. As with most of the wannabe East Germans in Canada who operate within the covert police state, all of the debt in Ontario is going to crumble and bury us. If you think the rest of the world doesn't know this then you are living in more of an Echo Chamber than I thought. Our reputation has been destroyed, not by liberals, but by the Police State salivating "Conservatives" (with Canadian characteristics).

My only hope, outside of wanting peace and accountability for the abuses in my own life; was to be sure that America didn't trust us and follow in our footsteps. It seems clear that many of them have which is quite unfortunate for the West.

Last edited:

View attachment 781599

adchoices.png

Sen. Joe Manchin on Tuesday tore into Interior Secretary Deb Haaland for ignoring federal law that requires fossil fuel and critical mineral development, and for the first delay in U.S. history in developing a five-year offshore oil and gas lease sale plan.
At a Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee hearing, Manchin told Haaland that he and other senators are "tired" of asking about these delays month after month with no clear answers.
"Secretary Haaland, when it comes to these energy and mineral programs that are so crucial to our energy and national security, I must say, for the last few years, it has felt like we are repeating the same conversations and having the same talks over and over," Manchin said. "I’m tired, and I know the members of this committee are tired, of asking again and again, when will we see progress on the action required by law, and being told ‘soon,’ and ‘we are working on it.’"

"We need and deserve better answers than that," he said.

Manchin used the hearing to accuse Haaland and the entire administration of ignoring language in the Inflation Reduction Act that said the government cannot explore offshore wind or onshore wind and solar production unless it continues to develop offshore oil and gas.

READ ON THE FOX NEWS APP

"We tied that to the IRA," he said. "You cannot do offshore wind, you cannot do onshore wind or solar unless we are extracting the resources that the good Lord has given us.

"You can feel our frustration on what’s going on here. It seems like we’re flagging it every day," he added.

As evidence that the administration is slow-walking fossil fuel development, Manchin noted several times that officials failed to develop a five-year offshore oil and gas leasing plan by last summer’s deadline. Industry experts have said that delay would hurt U.S. oil and gas development in the years ahead and have noted that the only offshore oil and gas leases that have taken place under Biden have been those ordered by Congress or the courts.

"The lack of progress with this program combined with the lack of advanced preparation for 2024 sales unfortunately sends a signal that you have no intention of holding any offshore lease sales in 2024, after the final mandatory sale in September 2023," Manchin added.

When asked about the delayed plan in the hearing, Haaland blamed the Trump administration and said it should be ready several months from now.

"The reason the five-year plan is behind is because the previous administration dropped the ball and stopped working on the plan," she said. "Our staff picked it up, they started working on it, we expect the final plan out in September."

LOL.

Is Joe Manchin that naive, to believe the DNC would follow the law he signed which was to pursue fossil fuel development or is he just playing stupid for the Red State of WVA?
Senators don’t sign laws

Forum List

Back