Joe Carr - the next McDaniel or Dave Brat?

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
140620_tenn_compy_ap_605.jpg

Photo Source.​

Lamar Alexander (R-SEN-TN, inc) does have a challenger from the Right of Right in his August primary.

Politico just did a write-up on the guy:

The next Dave Brat? - POLITICO.com

State Rep. Joe Carr is looking to pull a Brat against two-term Sen. Lamar Alexander of Tennessee. But Carr hasn’t earned the support of tea party groups the way Mississippi’s Chris McDaniel has — at least not yet.

Mississippi Sen. Thad Cochran is often cited as the establishment scalp most highly sought by the tea party, but all things being equal, Alexander would probably make a more attractive target. While Cochran is a longtime appropriator, Alexander is more of a bipartisan deal-maker, even resigning as GOP Conference chairman three years ago because he felt the role stifled his ability to reach agreements with Democrats.

After the Mississippi runoff next week, expect conservatives’ targets to shift to Alexander and Kansas Sen. Pat Roberts, both seeking renomination in early August. Carr is already getting talked up by conservative radio host Laura Ingraham, and more grass roots enthusiasm could be on the way.

The Washington Post this week reported that Alexander has reserved $375,000 in television ad time between now and the primary; Alexander’s campaign says the overall expenditure is for substantially more. Carr, meanwhile, plans to launch his first TV ad campaign next week, he told POLITICO earlier this month.

Who is Joe Carr?

Currently, he is a state Rep. from the 48th state district.

And his website:

Joe Carr - Candidate for U.S. Senate

(note the twitter hashtag - pretty clever!)

Joe Carr gets a boost, but still faces uphill battle

Tenn. GOP Senate Challenger Joe Carr: Tea Party is Fired Up

----------------------------------------------------

Could end up becoming an interesting race, after all...

:D

Last edited:
Joe Carr isn't going to win. I wish it were different. Lamar is way out of touch with Tennessee. But that's how it is.
Lamar is probably the most accomplished politician in America. And people here remember him fondly for cleaning up the crap that Ray of Blanton SUnshine left. He'll get re-elected.

• Banned
Joe Carr isn't going to win. I wish it were different. Lamar is way out of touch with Tennessee. But that's how it is.
Lamar is probably the most accomplished politician in America. And people here remember him fondly for cleaning up the crap that Ray of Blanton SUnshine left. He'll get re-elected.

I remember Alexander's presidential bids in 1996 and 2000.

Seems like a pretty decent fellow to me.

Lamar is a very decent fellow. He was governor, senator, cabinet member and a bunch of other stuff. But he got Washingtonitis and forgot what people back home want. But he'll serve another term as senator and then retire.

• Banned

Lamar is a very decent fellow. He was governor, senator, cabinet member and a bunch of other stuff. But he got Washingtonitis and forgot what people back home want. But he'll serve another term as senator and then retire.

:lol:

Please, Dr. Rabbi, describe the symptoms of Washingtonitis (not that I disagree with you here, I likely agree with you)....

A lot of Tennesseans in my area are disgruntled with Lamar Alexander. He is out of touch. I gave up contacting his office. I don't know if he realizes it or not but his staff makes him look pretty much like an ass. If I expressed concerns about a particular subject, I would get a pretty prompt one- or two-line response referring me to whatever section of the CFR ... which had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the subject. A query regarding the war in Iraq, for instance, would get a referral to a section of the CFR regarding postal regulations.

I would describe "Washingtonitis" as today's politicians who care nothing at all about America so much as they do their own personal re-election to what they consider a permanent life-time appointment to power, perks, and personal gain.

I stay up pretty much with Virginia politics through friends even though I don't live there anymore. Cantor's defeat was a real shock - it was assumed he would win. Bart had little monetary support from the Tea Party. I think he spent around $300,000 versus Cantor's millions. Cantor defeated Cantor through his own greed and lust for power and position. His goal was to be Speaker of the House and he wasn't taking care of the business of the people.

• Banned
A lot of Tennesseans in my area are disgruntled with Lamar Alexander. He is out of touch. I gave up contacting his office. I don't know if he realizes it or not but his staff makes him look pretty much like an ass. If I expressed concerns about a particular subject, I would get a pretty prompt one- or two-line response referring me to whatever section of the CFR ... which had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the subject. A query regarding the war in Iraq, for instance, would get a referral to a section of the CFR regarding postal regulations.

I would describe "Washingtonitis" as today's politicians who care nothing at all about America so much as they do their own personal re-election to what they consider a permanent life-time appointment to power, perks, and personal gain.

I stay up pretty much with Virginia politics through friends even though I don't live there anymore. Cantor's defeat was a real shock - it was assumed he would win. Bart had little monetary support from the Tea Party. I think he spent around $300,000 versus Cantor's millions. Cantor defeated Cantor through his own greed and lust for power and position. His goal was to be Speaker of the House and he wasn't taking care of the business of the people.

The bolded: now that seems to be a pretty darned good definition, if you ask me. I like that, [MENTION=21926]Granny[/MENTION].

Forum List

Back