Joe Biden is reportedly 'planning first major tax hike in almost 30 years'

Trumpsters are in no position to bitch about spending OR "fiscal responsibility".

Like pretty much everything, they have been conned.

Under Trump, the CONGRESS did overspend. But at least with the Democrats plans as I read them, they are going to spend another 3 trillion on top of the 2 trillion they already spent. If passed quickly, that means they are going to put us 5 trillion more in debt in 3 months, and Americans will be getting very little out of it.
Americans are definitely benefiting from the first 1.9 trillion. My understanding is that the second 3 trillion dollars will be spent on infrastructure and if that doesn't benefit Americans, I don't know what does.

The federal government collects over 40 billion a year from federal fuel taxes. There should be no need to allocate any more money to infrastructure.

That said it's probably about time we either raised the federal gas tax to 20 or 25 cents a gallon or scrap it altogether and move to a per mile driven tax.
The 40 billion collected was not used as intended. If used as intended, a tax increase for the states would be in the cards to make up that difference.
So the government commits malfeasance with tax money and you just want to throw another 3 trillion at them.

Remind me of the definition of insanity again.
How would you handle the necessary infrastructure repair?

Start making the government use the 40 plus billion a year they collect in fuel taxes for them. I'll even agree to a federal gas tax increase. But they get nothing more than that

Trumpsters are in no position to bitch about spending OR "fiscal responsibility". Like pretty much everything, they have been conned.
Under Trump, the CONGRESS did overspend.
I think you are literally detached from reality.

Think whatever you want.

RGi4jCf.gif

y7V4SXV.gif

Trumpsters are in no position to bitch about spending OR "fiscal responsibility". Like pretty much everything, they have been conned.
Under Trump, the CONGRESS did overspend.
I think you are literally detached from reality.

Think whatever you want.

RGi4jCf.gif

y7V4SXV.gif
To balance the budget is going to be of pain. Even when the budget was balanced in the 1990's it was more smoke and mirrors then by real cutting. After Boomers slowed down their spending, reality set in.

Trumpsters are in no position to bitch about spending OR "fiscal responsibility".
Trump voters are well positioned to demand fiscal respondibility from the guy you voted for

the chinese virus shutdown was not our idea but primarily democrat authorities in blue cities and states

and neither was the stimulas

we have demanded that the stupid shutdown be ended since the first day

There has been so much wealth in America that the illusion that it's a an endless supply is widely believed.
Current politics are the beginning of the end of that and the harsh reality is going to hit home soon.

Sure, they can "print" more money but printing money ALWAYS leads to hyperinflation as there is no real value behind that paper.

Yes, taxes will have to be raised through the roof to continue the drunken, irresponsible type of special interest waste spending we have seen for the last 4 decades. politicians have become the epitome of irresponsibility. The LAST ones who should hold the purse strings.

And raising taxes will have a further dampening effect on the economy, increasing the speed at which a collapse arrives.

Watch as infrastructure decays, roads become pot hole filled, bridges collapse, water mains fail and flood towns, dams break etc etc etc.
I can assure you this will all occur first in democrat run urban cities. If you live there, don't drink the water. (or, drink more maybe I should say)

Actually, union workers do not necessarily vote for Democrats. Many Trump supporters have union jobs.

Union workers pay dues to their unions. Union money goes to the Democrat party every election. The more union people working, the more dues the union collects, and the more money they can contribute to the Democrat party.

Under Trump, the CONGRESS did overspend. But at least with the Democrats plans as I read them, they are going to spend another 3 trillion on top of the 2 trillion they already spent. If passed quickly, that means they are going to put us 5 trillion more in debt in 3 months, and Americans will be getting very little out of it.
Americans are definitely benefiting from the first 1.9 trillion. My understanding is that the second 3 trillion dollars will be spent on infrastructure and if that doesn't benefit Americans, I don't know what does.

The federal government collects over 40 billion a year from federal fuel taxes. There should be no need to allocate any more money to infrastructure.

That said it's probably about time we either raised the federal gas tax to 20 or 25 cents a gallon or scrap it altogether and move to a per mile driven tax.
The 40 billion collected was not used as intended. If used as intended, a tax increase for the states would be in the cards to make up that difference.
So the government commits malfeasance with tax money and you just want to throw another 3 trillion at them.

Start making the government use the 40 plus billion a year they collect in fuel taxes for them. I'll even agree to a federal gas tax increase. But they get nothing more than that
The 40 billion a year is being used for other projects, so that ain't gonna change.
Infrastructure repair does not benefit the government. It benefits you and me.
I say that they should go for it.

Actually, union workers do not necessarily vote for Democrats. Many Trump supporters have union jobs.

Union workers pay dues to their unions. Union money goes to the Democrat party every election. The more union people working, the more dues the union collects, and the more money they can contribute to the Democrat party.
Irrelevant. The union worker is independent of the union in elections.

The 40 billion a year is being used for other projects, so that ain't gonna change.

Fuel taxes are earmarked for infrastructure repair. We need to force the government to spend that money for that purpose before we give them another dime.

And letting the government waste trillions more dollars does not benefit anyone

Fuel taxes are earmarked for infrastructure repair. We need to force the government to spend that money for that purpose before we give them another dime.

Are they wasting that gas tax money, or are you just guessing?

Irrelevant. The union worker is independent of the union in elections.

As a voter, yes they are, but their dues go to the union and they are the ones who decide how to spend their workers money, which is on the Democrat party.

That money is already spent, and if you have your way, there will be no necessary infrastructure repair. It needs to get done and I think that Biden can do it.

That money is already spent, and if you have your way, there will be no necessary infrastructure repair. It needs to get done and I think that Biden can do it.

I don't know about where you live, but here, our infrastructure is fine. I've traveled this state from one end to the other multiple times. Our roads are fine, our bridges are fine, our airports are fine.

We pay gasoline and diesel fuel taxes to get these things done, and yes, we also get money from the feds which is in the normal budget. We don't need to go further in the hole by 3 trillion dollars just so Democrats can repay their supporters. We don't need anymore trains to nowhere.

Yeah, on those making $400K or more per year. As he promised in his campaign.

Yeah....and he promised to be coherent too.

So much for promises
He passed the stimulus, told Russia to go fuck themselves, has had pretty much all of his cabinet picks approved.... well ahead of his covid shot totals....

He owns you.

Yeah, on those making $400K or more per year. As he promised in his campaign.

Yeah....and he promised to be coherent too.

So much for promises
He passed the stimulus, told Russia to go fuck themselves, has had pretty much all of his cabinet picks approved.... well ahead of his covid shot totals....

He owns you.

Don't forget...he also fell three times trying to climb a set of stairs :abgg2q.jpg:
But....he did finally make it off his knees and got to the top.
Yep, the "accomplishments" are piling up.

New Topics

Forum List

Back