Joe Biden: 'Erratic' Donald Trump should not get access to intelligence briefings

It's always nice to see all living Presidents together, and the current group enjoys getting together quite a bit. That position is rarified air, indeed, and these men share a special bond.

I suspect they won't be inviting this spoiled, ignorant, embarrassing, orange child to many of their get-togethers. He has never displayed any of the maturity or humility that come with experience in the position.

Biden needs to understand, though, that by doing this he'd be setting a precedent.

If Trump is denied intelligence briefings (and there's no reason to believe he "might slip and say something"), then the die is cast for future Presidents to also be denied that which is customarily given to them...
There is no need for him to have intelligence briefings. It is unlikely his imput would be sought by this president or future presidents. If there was something he seemed to have an especially valuable viewpoint (though I cannot imagine what that might be) he could be read into current situation and a recap of salient events. I can see where it might be beneficial to trump as in investor, international developer or speculator, but we owe the man who would have destroy free election by the people nothing. He owes us for the damage he has done to our institutions and always will.

OK

Then make this null and void forever for past presidents.

Does it bother you that Bush, Carter, Obama, etc. still receive these briefings?

Biden needs to understand, though, that by doing this he'd be setting a precedent.

If Trump is denied intelligence briefings (and there's no reason to believe he "might slip and say something"), then the die is cast for future Presidents to also be denied that which is customarily given to them...

Frankly, I don't see a good reason to let ex-presidents continue to get access to classified information, unless they are going to be brought in to consult on a crisis.

Nobody is really interested in Trump's opinion on any crisis.

The other good reason to deny him access is that frankly, given how much he's been allowed to get away with, you could see this guy selling secrets to get out of his hundreds of millions in debts. The guy who ran the most corrupt presidency in history isn't going to suddenly be more honest.

Why should any former president get intelligence briefings?

Good question! I'm not sure why.
Just like I'm not sure why outgoing fed officials in any capacity still retain high level security access.

Just like I'm not sure why outgoing fed officials in any capacity still retain high level security access.

Mostly, so they can keep in the loop in case you have to call on them in the event of a crisis. You don't have to waste time getting them up to speed.

Then WHY are YOU Bitching about intelligence briefings for Trump?
Same difference.

Duh???

Mostly, so they can keep in the loop in case you have to call on them in the event of a crisis. You don't have to waste time getting them up to speed.
former presidents have no authority so they have no need to be kept in the loop

It's always nice to see all living Presidents together, and the current group enjoys getting together quite a bit. That position is rarified air, indeed, and these men share a special bond.

I suspect they won't be inviting this spoiled, ignorant, embarrassing, orange child to many of their get-togethers. He has never displayed any of the maturity or humility that come with experience in the position.

Who gives a fuck? Fat ass broke all kinds of norms. No one should be whining that he wont be getting the briefings he ignored anyway while he was in office fucking everything up.

Just understand that the die is cast. Any President can now justify denying his predecessor the same...

Who gives a fuck? Fat ass broke all kinds of norms. No one should be whining that he wont be getting the briefings he ignored anyway while he was in office fucking everything up.

Just understand that the die is cast. Any President can now justify denying his predecessor the same...
so what?

There is no reason for any ex-president to keep getting briefed on matters of state

so what?

There is no reason for any ex-president to keep getting briefed on matters of state

I agree with you.

But the fact of the matter is that it's done. They get those briefings.

If Obama was to be denied those briefings, libs would lose their shit, but it would be their President who set the precedent...

so what?

I agree with you.

But the fact of the matter is that it's done. They get those briefings.

If Obama was to be denied those briefings, libs would lose their shit, but it would be their President who set the precedent...
this may be the one precedent that Biden sets that I can agree with

He gave Israeli intelligence to the Russians And he never read the PDB while he was the president! What could he possibly offer as sound advice?

Let him play a golf and stiff his lawyer bills until he dies.

He gave Israeli intelligence to the Russians And he never read the PDB while he was the president! What could he possibly offer as sound advice?

One day they're gleefully squealing over his childish behaviors and juvenile temperament.

The next day they're complaining that he's not treated the same as other former Presidents.

It really isn't a serious discussion.

Link please???

Sound policy.
Criminals should not have access to state secrets.

President Trump didn't listen to bullshit Intelligence briefings while he was serving the country, why would he want to listen to them now? The Intelligence Establishment are the real criminals , but Trump was able to work around them.

One day they're gleefully squealing over his childish behaviors and juvenile temperament.

The next day they're complaining that he's not treated the same as other former Presidents.

It really isn't a serious discussion.

I'm not complaining at all. I'm of the mind that former Presidents should be sent out to pasture.

I've simply pointed out that the whining from the left would be profound of the boy king were to be cut off...

Then WHY are YOU Bitching about intelligence briefings for Trump?
Same difference.

Duh???

Because absolutely no one wants Trump's advice in a crisis. In fact, the only reason I would ask for Trump's opinion on a crisis is to realize how you can fuck it up, and then do the EXACT OPPOSITE of that.

Frankly, I'd want the opinions of Clinton, Bush and Obama, because these guys, despite having made mistakes, all of them, actually understood the job and have perspectives.

Furthermore, as stated, Trump is corrupt as shit. Given his behavior over the last four years, I have no doubt he'd sell us out for the right amount of money. Especially now that is brand name is pretty much toxic and his creditors are coming after him.

There is no need for him to have intelligence briefings. It is unlikely his imput would be sought by this president or future presidents. If there was something he seemed to have an especially valuable viewpoint (though I cannot imagine what that might be) he could be read into current situation and a recap of salient events. I can see where it might be beneficial to trump as in investor, international developer or speculator, but we owe the man who would have destroy free election by the people nothing. He owes us for the damage he has done to our institutions and always will.

OK

Then make this null and void forever for past presidents.

Does it bother you that Bush, Carter, Obama, etc. still receive these briefings?
No. I do not trust what I cannot see. There has been a record while in office of their communications with foreighn powers. We knew and know what to expect of them. Trump made every effort to obscure his and one of his got him impeached the 1st time, when it became public. With Russia, he did no witness, no notes meetings, to the point of taking the interpreters notes and destroying them. Couple that with accepting and using Russian intelligence collection for personal gain and political influence and President Biden would be quite correct to restrict or cut off, trump's access. Information is power the former president trump cannot be trusted with either one.

Link please???

Forum List

Back