Joe Biden, a President for the New Cold War

I don't have much hope since Putin will have to admit defeat unless he completes a conquest of Ukraine, and that might end his career, but ...... more power to them for trying.

Biden is the worst possible example of who we should have as President. A career politician with zero integrity, no connection with the real world and no common sense. His incredible bungling of the Afghanistan withdrawal has created a strategic and humanitarian disaster that keeps getting worse. I've been watching this idiot for decades and I still can't believe he bumbled and stumbled his way into the White House. It speaks volumes for our failed political system.
Amen and now china is already setting the stage for taiwan this year. Biden has fucked up the entire planet and the fools like Pelosi and Schumer still act like they are fighting the 1970s culture wars.. Freedom is getting raped around the world and the only thing the liberal democrats care about is convincing little boys to cut of their dingers and pretend to be girls.

Putin's army isn't co-ed, openly gay and woke. He has the advantage over us
No, they appear to be poorly trained misfits who would be crushed in our presence.

Your post aged like a kid with progeria. Somebody should sponsor a telethon for it.

No, they appear to be poorly trained misfits who would be crushed in our presence.

Your post aged like a kid with progeria. Somebody should sponsor a telethon for it.
Putin isn't deploying his more elite units. The troops in Ukraine are second rate and expendable.

Putin isn't deploying his more elite units. The troops in Ukraine are second rate and expendable.
Pretty sure the vast majority of his army is not elite.

Poor military, poor planning, poor logistics. Runs out of gas within 100 miles of his own country. Of any war Russia has been involved in recently this is the one that counts the most and they are blowing it against an army that in no way, shape or form would be considered elite.

Praise from a rightwing Opinion columnist at the rightwing Wall Street Journal.

No paywall on this article.

In one way, the 79-year-old NATO adherent is the right man for his times.​

Mr. Biden has a few flaws but he was a child of the Cold War and, unless I’m mistaken, has surprised and discombobulated Vladimir Putin with his un-Obama-like response to renewed tensions over Ukraine, including, on Monday, whipping a German chancellor into line. By sending military supplies to Ukraine, by deploying troops to Eastern Europe, by preparing sanctions, the Biden administration has orchestrated a set of signals that even Mr. Putin can’t misinterpret.

*snip*

Mr. Biden hasn’t committed U.S. troops to Ukraine itself, but this I now think would smack of desperation, and seems unnecessary. The U.S. and NATO don’t need to lift so many fingers to make Mr. Putin realize he can’t afford the risk.

Whatever the Russian leader is thinking, he hoped to find the U.S. and its allies weak and divided. This is proving a bad bet so far. From a larger perspective, it’s easier to say what Mr. Putin wants than how he hopes to get it. He wants to be a U.S. client, spared any too-fervent support for democratic forces in Russia or its neighborhood. He could play the equal while, in truth, being a nuclear-armed Mobutu whose insecurities and vanity we patronize because it’s less trouble than not patronizing them.

When he finally broke his silence on Ukraine last week, Mr. Putin’s key words, which he repeated for French President Emmanuel Macron on Monday, concerned the strategic but awkwardly situated peninsula his forces seized from Ukraine in 2014.

For a short-term boost in patriotic rah-rah, for a simulated victory for Russia’s “historic” interests, he created a headache for himself that can only get worse. He all but admitted as much: “Let’s imagine Ukraine is a NATO state and they start this operation [to retake Crimea]. So now do we have to start a war against the NATO alliance? Did anyone think about that? I don’t think so.”

The person who forgot to think was Mr. Putin.

I bet you feel fucking stupid now. President poopy pants child molester has a full scale invasion that happened on his watch. Putin knows a weakling when he sees one. And that Biden is.

Didn't turn out that cold did it? Worse Russia and China are buds. We're kind of fucked.

Go figure, lay out COVID, cheat and election, WWIII? Let's hope not, but fucking A, the USA provoked Putin, what fucking assholes.

Praise from a rightwing Opinion columnist at the rightwing Wall Street Journal.

No paywall on this article.

In one way, the 79-year-old NATO adherent is the right man for his times.​

Mr. Biden has a few flaws but he was a child of the Cold War and, unless I’m mistaken, has surprised and discombobulated Vladimir Putin with his un-Obama-like response to renewed tensions over Ukraine, including, on Monday, whipping a German chancellor into line. By sending military supplies to Ukraine, by deploying troops to Eastern Europe, by preparing sanctions, the Biden administration has orchestrated a set of signals that even Mr. Putin can’t misinterpret.

*snip*

Mr. Biden hasn’t committed U.S. troops to Ukraine itself, but this I now think would smack of desperation, and seems unnecessary. The U.S. and NATO don’t need to lift so many fingers to make Mr. Putin realize he can’t afford the risk.

Whatever the Russian leader is thinking, he hoped to find the U.S. and its allies weak and divided. This is proving a bad bet so far. From a larger perspective, it’s easier to say what Mr. Putin wants than how he hopes to get it. He wants to be a U.S. client, spared any too-fervent support for democratic forces in Russia or its neighborhood. He could play the equal while, in truth, being a nuclear-armed Mobutu whose insecurities and vanity we patronize because it’s less trouble than not patronizing them.

When he finally broke his silence on Ukraine last week, Mr. Putin’s key words, which he repeated for French President Emmanuel Macron on Monday, concerned the strategic but awkwardly situated peninsula his forces seized from Ukraine in 2014.

For a short-term boost in patriotic rah-rah, for a simulated victory for Russia’s “historic” interests, he created a headache for himself that can only get worse. He all but admitted as much: “Let’s imagine Ukraine is a NATO state and they start this operation [to retake Crimea]. So now do we have to start a war against the NATO alliance? Did anyone think about that? I don’t think so.”

The person who forgot to think was Mr. Putin.
He might be the president that gets caught playing footsie with the guy in the next stall but nothing else

Because without Joe Biden there and his staged and dumbfounding video of Joe curling a dumbbell
while on the phone, indicating what a "strong in charge leader he is"?
If Joe Depends really was that kind of leader would the video op be necessary?)
Highly doubtful.

And would someone strong and in charge tell Vlad Putin it would be
okay for him to make "minor incursions" into Ukraine? Also highly doubtful.
The art of propaganda has not been advanced at all by these clumsy and childlike attempts
to boost Joe Biden's image as a vital in charge leader.

The fact that Biden's sycophants feel the need to try and portray that false image proves Joe is NOT
the sort of man they try to gaslight people into believing he is.

Didn't turn out that cold did it? Worse Russia and China are buds. We're kind of fucked.

Go figure, lay out COVID, cheat and election, WWIII? Let's hope not, but fucking A, the USA provoked Putin, what fucking assholes.
You sound like the appeasing pussies that didn't want Hitler to get angry with them in 1938.
Look what happened next. Placating a monster is never a smart strategy.

Forum List

Back