Jimmy Carter: Trump should not be impeached...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Trump should not be impeached, former President Jimmy Carter says

Former President Jimmy Carter said Donald Trump should not be impeached even if investigators discover wrongdoing by the president.

"My own preference would be that he not be impeached, but that he be able to serve out his term, because I think he wants to do a good job. And I'm willing to help him, if I can help him, and give him the benefit of the doubt," Carter said on CBS' Sunday Morning.

"You know, I have confidence in the American system of government," Carter added. "I think ultimately the restraints on a president from the Congress and from the Supreme Court will be adequate to protect our nation if he serves a full term.

"And I think (Trump) will serve a full term unless the special investigator... brings some criminal charges against him," added Carter, a Democrat who served as president from 1977-1981.

It's good to see Democrats supporting each other.

Jimmy Carter has spent his whole life doing good work.....now that he's 10000 years old, he now wants and need attention again. One would think, a few years short of meeting his maker, the moron would shut up and go away.

He sucked as President. His politics were all wrong, and remain so.

As a man, he's a pretty good guy. I'm glad Obama came along to take the worst president title from him.

As a man, he's a pretty good guy. I'm glad Obama came along to take the worst president title from him.

Carter is the only POTUS since Herbert Hoover who never started a war, never dropped a bomb, never fired a shot.

We need more of that kind of "suck".

Former President Jimmy Carter said Donald Trump should not be impeached even if investigators discover wrongdoing by the president.

"My own preference would be that he not be impeached, but that he be able to serve out his term, because I think he wants to do a good job. And I'm willing to help him, if I can help him, and give him the benefit of the doubt," Carter said on CBS' Sunday Morning.

"You know, I have confidence in the American system of government," Carter added. "I think ultimately the restraints on a president from the Congress and from the Supreme Court will be adequate to protect our nation if he serves a full term.

"And I think (Trump) will serve a full term unless the special investigator... brings some criminal charges against him," added Carter, a Democrat who served as president from 1977-1981.

Democrats love fundraising against Trump. So much money to be had.

Never heard of James Buchanan? Franklin Pierce? Herbert Hoover? Harry Truman? Warren Harding? George W. Bush?

Carter knows who Rump's Impeachment Insurance is.

Mr.Peanut was the last democrat I voted for....didn't like Ford pardoning Nixon and figured he'd taken too many head-shots back in the leather helmet days. A peanut farmer AND a nuclear submarine officer.....seemed like a nice mix of skill sets. And remember it was Tip Oneill and the dems who turned on him...so he sees what Trump is going through.

Mr.Peanut was the last democrat I voted for....didn't like Ford pardoning Nixon and figured he'd taken too many head-shots back in the leather helmet days. A peanut farmer AND a nuclear submarine officer.....seemed like a nice mix of skill sets. And remember it was Tip Oneill and the dems who turned on him...so he sees what Trump is going through.

Of course the system turned on him. Wanna know why? See post 8.

Even though I never liked his policies, I believe he is honorable.

as long as you don't mind that he's an anti-Semite, he's awesome.

You're in the Jew hating party, sweet heart

because the KKK love jews, right, idiota?

and they're alllllllll yours.

now run along little boy

Bam, and Jillian goes down hard, she knows she's losing and admits it by trying to make her escape with ... you're a racist ...

You mean when he went to Cuba and scolded Castro's human rights record to a Cuban TV audience, in Spanish?

His Mariel Boatlift was a stroke of genius. :laughing0301:

That reminds me - it's nearly time for the annual viewing of "Scarface".

Forum List

Back