Jimmy Carter says Bernie and Joe are too old to be president.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Jimmy Carter on running for president: 'I hope there's an age limit'
Jimmy-Carter-Net-Worth.jpg

Soon to be 95, Jimmy Carter basically says Biden and Sanders are too old to run, and I can't really say I don't disagree with him. For one thing I wouldn't vote for Biden if he was 60, and as much as I love Bernie, in the last debate he looked tired, angry and a little impatient with his answers (understandably, on that stage ). Being president takes a tremendous amount of energy which , frankly not many 80 year old's have.

Speaking at the Carter Center in Atlanta, former President Jimmy Carter said he would not have been able to handle the rigors of the presidency at the age of 80.

Carter had been asked jokingly if he would run again in 2020, reported the Associated Press.

"I hope there’s an age limit," Carter replied with a laugh. "If I were just 80 years old, if I was 15 years younger, I don’t believe I could undertake the duties I experienced when I was president."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/09/18/jimmy-carter-2020-race-says-he-couldnt-manage-presidency-80/2361306001/

my mother will be 100 in two months----she's a lot sharper than is Carter

I agree with President Carter. Some people still have their wits about them at an advanced age, but many don’t. And most people have other health issues as well. Lots of politicians hang on way too long. Same goes for judges.

Forum List

Back