Jews would be better off converting to Christianity

Now you're being to sound like guno and haShev, which means you're beginning to sound ridiculous.

Christianity is not idol worship because we don't actually believe the statues of Christ are Christ, we believe it is an artwork that may or may not look like him.

Pagans are idol worshippers, because they actually believe their idols ARE gods, and not mere representations of gods.

But that's YOUR opinion.
There are more Christians Who Hate Other Christians sites on the web than any other type of religious oriented sites.
The problem is that the Epistles and Gospels conflict with each other and there's no central theme to unify Christians.
There was centralization but then that whole reformation thingee happened. I think they had to manage holy hell at the initial fragmentation, but they pulled it together and it was probably God's will that it turned out the way it did. Or at least I like to think it was. He does allow me to have a few rationalizations.
The "certralization" was a war machine that looted all of Europe.
I guess God likes gold.
You do realize that other Christians fought to end that and that quite a few of the centralized did everything in their power to minimize the harm, right? So, in that light what men intended for evil, God used for the good of those who love Him.
There are always more good people than bad people.
It's just that the bad people have the foresight to collect the weapons before they give themselves away.
Which is why everyone should have the foresight to collect [and train with] weapons before that happens. The Swiss have the right idea.

Christianity is Idol Worship...punishable for a Jew by death by court or a very unpleasant afterlife.
That doesn't sound good. Is there a cure for me, I'm Catholic!

Why do you believe that Christianity is idol worshipping? Is it because of Christ and/or the Holy Spirit or Mary or whatever?
I apologize...It's idol worship for a Jew.
It's a big question of whether or not this level of severity applies to a non-Jew.
You ARE mandated to believe in God as THE sole source of existence.
Any attribution of absolute power to a secondary entity is punishable by a very difficult state of being known as "being cut off".
Since there is no other source of existence besides God, God can leave you in a type of existence bereft of awareness of the existence that God created and sustains with every passing moment.
That's why you keep bumping into Jews...you have the knowledge of your mandate.

So I had heard that the ancient Jews actually believed there were more than one God. I don't know if that was true or not, I assumed it was false. I had assumed the Bible was referring to false gods or idols. Anyway, how many Gods do you believe there are? You only believe there can be one Creator, right? The other one's mentioned, don't really exist, right?

Lastly, are you saying there are no coincidences (i.e. keep bumping into Jews) to fulfill the mandate? If so, I like that. I like that alot.

The "ancient Jews actually believed there were more than one God."...
Imagine something far stronger than the sex drive...idol worship.
I can't imagine it.

Idol worship unpunished led to the destruction of the 1st Temple.
If you want God to be overtly in your midst then you must adhere to VERY strict standards.
But for every Yin, there is a Yang.
No one has free will when God is in their face so the drive for idol worship proved to be overwhelming.

That drive was eliminated during the 2nd Temple.
But eliminating the drive for idol worship necessitated a counter measure...
The elimination of prophesy.

There are NO coincidences.
Consider EVERYTHING you do, even a facial inflection, having cataclysmic consequences.
Keep in mind that when you are driving and someone driving by you or walking by your car, sees your smile.
Your smile will eventually have a effect on someone on the opposite side of earth.

Mock Paul all you want, he was a lot smarter than you, and more successful. Other than Christ himself, he is the most significant religious leader who ever lived, helping to found a religion that has lasted more than 2000 years and has more than two billion living followers. What have you accomplished in life that gives you the right to mock Paul? You are not fit to tie up his shoelaces.
Paul was a dismal failure during his lifetime.
His writings are mocked in the Book of James.
By the way, Laverne & Shirley was a very successful show.
I'm sure Paul thanks Constantine, The Great on a daily basis.
Paul was the most successful Apostle, and if it weren't for his influence, Christianity would not be the same today. He is probably the most successful man who ever lived, since he helped to found a religion that has lasted 2000 years and now has two billion worshippers. Also, he is in heaven now, which is the ultimate success for any Christian. Where will you go when you die? I've heard that Jews don't even know if they're going to heaven.
The religion that was founded by Constantine has almost ZERO resemblance to the Christianity of today.
No religion should take over 1,000 years to form.
What is the major difference between when it was founded and today? How about 200 years ago?

Today, the Virgin Mother is more important than Jesus; that's why when you go into a hospital, the statues of Mary are far larger than any figures of Jesus.
Vatican II moves the Spirit from Jesus and the Father to the Church goers.
Christianity, like non-Orthodox flavors of Judaism, caters to the moors of the times.

The history of Christianity and what the RCC holds by in any given decade is incredibly confusing as more cultures were conquered.
You know of course that the concept of the Trinity came along way after Paul died and so Paul cannot, by the Church's own rules of what makes one a Saint, be a Saint.

You are not encouraged to know your history...
Ever wonder why?
I have a dear friend who would be smiling now. I was too little to know the difference, alas, I was destined to grow up post Vatican II.

No, I didn't know that about Paul. Then there's the saints we don't know about which I assume are many.

Catholic thought on sin is anything which distances myself from God and that hell is permanently being separated from God. What are the Jewish teachings on this?

Christianity is Idol Worship...punishable for a Jew by death by court or a very unpleasant afterlife.

Why do you believe that Christianity is idol worshipping? Is it because of Christ and/or the Holy Spirit or Mary or whatever?
It's a big question of whether or not this level of severity applies to a non-Jew.
Any attribution of absolute power to a secondary entity is punishable by a very difficult state of being known as "being cut off".
Since there is no other source of existence besides God, God can leave you in a type of existence bereft of awareness of the existence that God created and sustains with every passing moment.

So I had heard that the ancient Jews actually believed there were more than one God. I don't know if that was true or not, I assumed it was false. I had assumed the Bible was referring to false gods or idols. Anyway, how many Gods do you believe there are? You only believe there can be one Creator, right? The other one's mentioned, don't really exist, right?

Lastly, are you saying there are no coincidences (i.e. keep bumping into Jews) to fulfill the mandate? If so, I like that. I like that alot.

I can't imagine it.

If you want God to be overtly in your midst then you must adhere to VERY strict standards.
No one has free will when God is in their face so the drive for idol worship proved to be overwhelming.

Consider EVERYTHING you do, even a facial inflection, having cataclysmic consequences.
Keep in mind that when you are driving and someone driving by you or walking by your car, sees your smile.
Your smile will eventually have a effect on someone on the opposite side of earth.
I could not agree more. Maybe I am Jewish.

Dissing someone while bragging about putting them on ignore is a bit disingenuous.
The JEWS abandoned the alpha and omega preisthood, Mohammed tried to hijack it, and Christians don't understand it.

Jews would be better off believing in science and becoming even more powerful then they're now as a nation.

Religion holds people back.
Historians will tell you that their continued existence over 3000 years in the face of overwhelming odds and their contributions to mankind which are disproportionate to their numbers is inexplicable. When questioned about this, they see nothing special about themselves and give all credit to God. It seems that what they have been doing has worked pretty well. Science and religion are wholly compatible. They compliment each other. Israel is a leader in the field of science... again disproportionate to their tiny numbers.
When questioned about this, they see nothing special about themselves and give all credit to God.

you have to be kidding ...

In Judaism, "chosenness" is the belief that the Jewish people were singularly chosen to enter into a covernant with G-d. This idea has been a central one throughout the history of Jewish thought, is deeply rooted in biblical concepts and has been developed in talmudic, philosophic, mystical and contemporary Judaism.

their god of exclusivity ...
Chosenness is the least arrogant answer they could make for their inexplicable survival and success. They were not chosen because they were special. They are special because they were chosen. It's like you hate all religions. Except yours, which is a secret and you can't tell anyone anything about it.
Chosenness is the least arrogant answer they could make for their inexplicable survival and success. They were not chosen because they were special. They are special because they were chosen. It's like you hate all religions. Except yours, which is a secret and you can't tell anyone anything about it.

you are simply disingenuous that I have not explained the religion of the Almighty, the Triumph of Good vs Evil - that is far more closely aligned to Judaism than the 4yh century fallacy of christianity you deny as simply being a political agenda disguised as a religion.

choosiness is a fallacy no less than descriptive sin that would require being abandoned to advance further as a Free Spirit.

Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament prophesies that the Messiah would be born of a virgin, would be born in Bethlehem, would be called out of exile in Egypt, and would die in horrible manner and cry, "My God, why have you abandoned me?"

You know this, of course.
I know the Torah in Hebrew which is how I know all of those "proofs" are nonsense.
The smartest thing Mohammed did was to NOT reference the Torah.
The dumbest thing Paul did was to "reference" the Torah; makes it SO easy to mock him.
Mock Paul all you want, he was a lot smarter than you, and more successful. Other than Christ himself, he is the most significant religious leader who ever lived, helping to found a religion that has lasted more than 2000 years and has more than two billion living followers. What have you accomplished in life that gives you the right to mock Paul? You are not fit to tie up his shoelaces.
Paul was a dismal failure during his lifetime.
His writings are mocked in the Book of James.
By the way, Laverne & Shirley was a very successful show.
I'm sure Paul thanks Constantine, The Great on a daily basis.
Paul was the most successful Apostle, and if it weren't for his influence, Christianity would not be the same today. He is probably the most successful man who ever lived, since he helped to found a religion that has lasted 2000 years and now has two billion worshippers. Also, he is in heaven now, which is the ultimate success for any Christian. Where will you go when you die? I've heard that Jews don't even know if they're going to heaven.
The religion that was founded by Constantine has almost ZERO resemblance to the Christianity of today.

that is correct, late 4th century christianity to this date does not reflect the religion from Antiquity to that date.

I can't imagine it.

I could not agree more. Maybe I am Jewish.
You got the operation didn't you?

I always assumed that you were an atheist. I never realized that you were Jewish. .

Correction: The relentless troll CLAIMS to be Jewish.

Considering the obvious manner in which he carries out his trolling, why would you possibly believe a thing he says?

The problem with Judaism is that while it once was the authentic religion of God, God abandoned Judaism when Christ was born and formed a new Church. The Romans destroyed the Temple in 70 A.D., and the Jews were dispersed to all parts of the Empire. That was the end of the Biblical Israel, and the modern Israel is a political creation, created with Western wealth and brute force, but not enjoying the legitimacy that Israel had in Biblical times.

The modern Jewish faith is unable to inspire the faith of even the majority of Jews, who reject God in favor of secularism, or even downright atheism. They consider themselves Jews, but they do not believe in the Old Testament, and they anger God with their faithlessness, which is probably why so many bad things keep happening to them.

So Jews would be better off if they realized that Jesus of Nazareth really was the Messiah they were waiting for, and another Messiah is not coming.
I disagree that God would ever abandon a people with whom He has an eternal covenant. God remains true to His word.

I think what's happening to Jews is that God protects them so they are never totally destroyed or assimilated, but they are constantly angering God, so he makes them miserable over and over again. It is a love-hate relationship, I think, and I'm glad to not be a part of it.

It is far simpler to be Catholic. It's not easy to be a Catholic, because it makes difficult demands like not using birth control, not getting remarried after a divorce, and eating fish on Fridays during Lent, but the demands of the Jewish religion are impossible to meet.

I have heard that there are Jews who will not turn on a lightswitch on the Sabbath because that's "lighting a fire" which is "work." It's a rather ridiculous literalism, but what makes it worse is that Jews believe that if they order a Christian servant or employee to turn on the lightswitch, that's ok and not a violation of the sabbath.

Jesus spent quite a lot of effort explaining to the Pharisees that they had turned the sabbath rules into a heavy burden that oppressed the Jewish people, and the Catholic Church has interpreted the sabbath rules in a far more reasonable way so that people can actually live within the rules. Catholics can drive their cars to church for example, while Jews are not allowed to drive their cars to the synagogue.

On the other hand, Jesus was very specific on discerning the will of the Father and being obedient to it. He taught that obedience to the will of God actually frees people, while it is disobedience (sin) that enslaves. Therefore, practicing obedience is a very good thing. Love of the law leads to love of God; love of God leads to love for the law.

I always assumed that you were an atheist. I never realized that you were Jewish. .

Correction: The relentless troll CLAIMS to be Jewish.

Considering the obvious manner in which he carries out his trolling, why would you possibly believe a thing he says?
just reporting what our Talmud and Torah says

In Gittin 56b-57a a story is recorded in which Onkelos, a nephew of the Roman emperor Titus who destroyed the Second Temple, intent on converting to Judaism, summons up the spirits of Yeshu and others to help make up his mind. Each describes his punishment in the afterlife.

The complete passage from the 1935 Soncino edition is:

Onkelos son of Kolonikos ... went and raised Titus from the dead by magical arts, and asked him; 'Who is most in repute in the [other] world? He replied: Israel. What then, he said, about joining them? He said: Their observances are burdensome and you will not be able to carry them out. Go and attack them in that world and you will be at the top as it is written, Her adversaries are become the head etc.; whoever harasses Israel becomes head. He asked him: What is your punishment [in the other world]? He replied: What I decreed for myself. Every day my ashes are collected and sentence is passed on me and I am burnt and my ashes are scattered over the seven seas. He then went and raised Balaam by incantations. He asked him: Who is in repute in the other world? He replied: Israel. What then, he said, about joining them? He replied: Thou shalt not seek their peace nor their prosperity all thy days for ever. He then asked: What is your punishment? He replied: With boiling hot semen. He then went and raised by incantations Jesus [in Vilna edition: "the sinners of Israel"; "Jesus" appears in Munich 95 and Vatican 140 manuscripts and "he went and brought up Jesus the Nazarene" (Editions or MSs: Vatican 130)]. He asked them: Who is in repute in the other world? They replied: Israel. What about joining them? They replied: Seek their welfare, seek not their harm. Whoever touches them touches the apple of his eye. He said: What is your punishment? They replied: With boiling hot excrement, since a Master has said: Whoever mocks at the words of the Sages is punished with boiling hot excrement. Observe the difference between the sinners of Israel and the prophets of the other nations who worship idols. It has been taught: Note from this incident how serious a thing it is to put a man to shame, for God espoused the cause of Bar Kamza and destroyed His House and burnt His Temple.

Talmudic sources include passages which identify a "son of Pandera" (ben Pandera in Hebrew), and some scholars conclude that these are references to the messiah of Christianity.

The Talmud, and other talmudic texts, contain several references to the "son of Pandera". A few of the references explicitly name Jesus ("Yeshu") as the "son of Pandera": these explicit connections are found in the Tosefta, the Qohelet Rabbah, and the Jerusalem Talmud, but not in the Babylonian Talmud.[93] The explicit connections found in the Jerusalem Talmud are debated because the name "Jesus" ("Yeshu") is found only in a marginal gloss in some manuscripts, but other scholars conclude that it was in the original versions of the Jerusalem Talmud.

The texts include several spellings for the father's name (Pandera, Panthera, Pandira, Pantiri, or Pantera) and some scholars conclude that these are all references to the same individual,In some of the texts, the father produced a son with a woman named Mary. Several of the texts indicate that the mother was not married to Pandera, and was committing adultery and – by implication – Jesus was a bastard child.[95] Some of the texts indicate that Mary's husband's name was Stada.

Typically both Jerusalem and Babylonian Talmuds use the generic minim for heretics. Aside from mentions of the five disciples of "Yeshu ha Notzri," the plural Notzrim, "Christians," are only clearly mentioned once in the Babylonian Talmud, (where it is amended to Netzarim, people of the watch) in B.Ta'anit 27b with a late parallel in Masekhet Soferim 17:4. And then "The day of the Notzri according to Rabbi Ishmael is forbidden for ever" in some texts of B.Avodah Zarah (meaning "idolatry" or "strange worship)

Last edited:
Today, the Virgin Mother is more important than Jesus; that's why when you go into a hospital, the statues of Mary are far larger than any figures of Jesus.
Vatican II moves the Spirit from Jesus and the Father to the Church goers.
Christianity, like non-Orthodox flavors of Judaism, caters to the moors of the times.

The history of Christianity and what the RCC holds by in any given decade is incredibly confusing as more cultures were conquered.
You know of course that the concept of the Trinity came along way after Paul died and so Paul cannot, by the Church's own rules of what makes one a Saint, be a Saint.

You are not encouraged to know your history...
Ever wonder why?

No, the Virgin Mother is not more important than Jesus, but she is honored. Mary is symbolic of motherhood. I don't know about anyone else, but when I was younger and not feeling well, it was my mother that I wanted. My own adult daughters today, when they are not feeling well, turn to me rather than their father, when either of us are equally willing and capable of providing comfort and care.

Paul's letters are the very epitome of the Trinity concept. People of his time understood One God--three aspects of God. Later, due to wording in both the Gospels and Paul's letters, some wanted to say there were three Gods, and Christians were adamant that there was not three--only One. Trinity became a model of three in One.

Of course Paul is a Saint, there has never been any doubt of it. In any culture. ;)

Constantine did not found any religion. He did recognize a couple of religions already in existence.

In Gittin 56b-57a a story is recorded in which Onkelos, a nephew of the Roman emperor Titus who destroyed the Second Temple, intent on converting to Judaism, summons up the spirits of Yeshu and others to help make up his mind. Each describes his punishment in the afterlife.

Onkelos son of Kolonikos ... went and raised Titus from the dead by magical arts, and asked him; 'Who is most in repute in the [other] world? He replied: Israel. What then, he said, about joining them? He said: Their observances are burdensome and you will not be able to carry them out. Go and attack them in that world and you will be at the top as it is written, Her adversaries are become the head etc.; whoever harasses Israel becomes head. He asked him: What is your punishment [in the other world]? He replied: What I decreed for myself. Every day my ashes are collected and sentence is passed on me and I am burnt and my ashes are scattered over the seven seas. He then went and raised Balaam by incantations. He asked him: Who is in repute in the other world? He replied: Israel. What then, he said, about joining them? He replied: Thou shalt not seek their peace nor their prosperity all thy days for ever. He then asked: What is your punishment? He replied: With boiling hot semen. He then went and raised by incantations Jesus [in Vilna edition: "the sinners of Israel"; "Jesus" appears in Munich 95 and Vatican 140 manuscripts and "he went and brought up Jesus the Nazarene" (Editions or MSs: Vatican 130)]. He asked them: Who is in repute in the other world? They replied: Israel. What about joining them? They replied: Seek their welfare, seek not their harm. Whoever touches them touches the apple of his eye. He said: What is your punishment? They replied: With boiling hot excrement, since a Master has said: Whoever mocks at the words of the Sages is punished with boiling hot excrement. Observe the difference between the sinners of Israel and the prophets of the other nations who worship idols. It has been taught: Note from this incident how serious a thing it is to put a man to shame, for God espoused the cause of Bar Kamza and destroyed His House and burnt His Temple.

Talmudic sources include passages which identify a "son of Pandera" (ben Pandera in Hebrew), and some scholars conclude that these are references to the messiah of Christianity.

The Talmud, and other talmudic texts, contain several references to the "son of Pandera". A few of the references explicitly name Jesus ("Yeshu") as the "son of Pandera": these explicit connections are found in the Tosefta, the Qohelet Rabbah, and the Jerusalem Talmud, but not in the Babylonian Talmud.[93] The explicit connections found in the Jerusalem Talmud are debated because the name "Jesus" ("Yeshu") is found only in a marginal gloss in some manuscripts, but other scholars conclude that it was in the original versions of the Jerusalem Talmud.

The texts include several spellings for the father's name (Pandera, Panthera, Pandira, Pantiri, or Pantera) and some scholars conclude that these are all references to the same individual,In some of the texts, the father produced a son with a woman named Mary. Several of the texts indicate that the mother was not married to Pandera, and was committing adultery and – by implication – Jesus was a bastard child.[95] Some of the texts indicate that Mary's husband's name was Stada.

Typically both Jerusalem and Babylonian Talmuds use the generic minim for heretics. Aside from mentions of the five disciples of "Yeshu ha Notzri," the plural Notzrim, "Christians," are only clearly mentioned once in the Babylonian Talmud, (where it is amended to Netzarim, people of the watch) in B.Ta'anit 27b with a late parallel in Masekhet Soferim 17:4. And then "The day of the Notzri according to Rabbi Ishmael is forbidden for ever" in some texts of B.Avodah Zarah (meaning "idolatry" or "strange worship)

I expect better from a follower of Judaism. Yes, there are Jews who believe they will have an exalted position in eternal life, where Gentiles will be their servants. Other Jews believe in reincarnation. Others have no belief in an afterlife. Those who do believe in an afterlife hold a belief that purification is a one-year process for Jews.

Few Jews who lived in Jesus' day would say that he deserved greater punishment than that of Herod, Annas, or Caiaphas. The imagery created five hundred years later by Jews is as fictional as the Christian's Dante's Inferno.

I think what's happening to Jews is that God protects them so they are never totally destroyed or assimilated, but they are constantly angering God, so he makes them miserable over and over again. It is a love-hate relationship, I think, and I'm glad to not be a part of it.

It is far simpler to be Catholic. It's not easy to be a Catholic, because it makes difficult demands like not using birth control, not getting remarried after a divorce, and eating fish on Fridays during Lent, but the demands of the Jewish religion are impossible to meet.

I have heard that there are Jews who will not turn on a lightswitch on the Sabbath because that's "lighting a fire" which is "work." It's a rather ridiculous literalism, but what makes it worse is that Jews believe that if they order a Christian servant or employee to turn on the lightswitch, that's ok and not a violation of the sabbath.

Jesus spent quite a lot of effort explaining to the Pharisees that they had turned the sabbath rules into a heavy burden that oppressed the Jewish people, and the Catholic Church has interpreted the sabbath rules in a far more reasonable way so that people can actually live within the rules. Catholics can drive their cars to church for example, while Jews are not allowed to drive their cars to the synagogue.

On the other hand, Jesus was very specific on discerning the will of the Father and being obedient to it. He taught that obedience to the will of God actually frees people, while it is disobedience (sin) that enslaves. Therefore, practicing obedience is a very good thing. Love of the law leads to love of God; love of God leads to love for the law.
Thanks and agreed. You'll notice that Blackrook is the type to focus on hate and forget the message of love Jesus gave to the world.

that is correct, late 4th century christianity to this date does not reflect the religion from Antiquity to that date.

In fact, it does. My great-grandmother heated baby food in a wood burning stove. My Mother heated baby food on an electric stove. I heated baby food in a microwave oven. Though how we each heated baby food changed, the fact remains that we all warmed up food we fed our babies. The same is true of Church history. The truths remain. How we do things have changed as the world changed.

I expect better from a follower of Judaism. Yes, there are Jews who believe they will have an exalted position in eternal life, where Gentiles will be their servants. Other Jews believe in reincarnation. Others have no belief in an afterlife. Those who do believe in an afterlife hold a belief that purification is a one-year process for Jews.

Few Jews who lived in Jesus' day would say that he deserved greater punishment than that of Herod, Annas, or Caiaphas. The imagery created five hundred years later by Jews is as fictional as the Christian's Dante's Inferno.
What you believe and what you know are 2 very different things.
Education, including history is a Torah mandate.
Christianity has a system of Belief based on Faith, not knowledge.

Forum List

Back