Jets/Packers Negotiations

You really don't understand that the Packers have all the leverage in negotiations.

"And in calling around, asking teams that are uninvolved what they’d give up, just about everyone said it should be a Day 2 pick this year, fronting a package with a conditional pick or two on the back end. That, to me, is where I think you could get creative.”"

"And in calling around, asking teams that are uninvolved what they’d give up, just about everyone said it should be a Day 2 pick this year, fronting a package with a conditional pick or two on the back end. That, to me, is where I think you could get creative.”"
A day two pick won't be enough to get Rodgers in a Jets uniform.

Two first rounders is only good if Rodgers can win another Super Bowl, Stafford set the bar with the Rams and won a SB, and now the Lions are poised to be good in the future, a win-win. This trade could turn out to be another like the Stafford deal.

They traded Jared Goff, two first-round picks and a third-rounder to the Lions for the veteran quarterback, giving Detroit the necessary assets to begin its rebuild under Dan Campbell.

A day two pick won't be enough to get Rodgers in a Jets uniform.
Like I've said before you can say that but a 2nd round pick, 15 million in cap relief, and getting an old HOF franchise QB out of you building so that your young QB can actually take over your team is better than nothing.

Two first rounders is only good if Rodgers can win another Super Bowl, Stafford set the bar with the Rams and won a SB, and now the Lions are poised to be good in the future, a win-win. This trade could turn out to be another like the Stafford deal.

They traded Jared Goff, two first-round picks and a third-rounder to the Lions for the veteran quarterback, giving Detroit the necessary assets to begin its rebuild under Dan Campbell.
Stafford is younger and they were able to sign him to a longer term deal. The Jets would be giving up 2 firsts for potentially one year and at most 2. BTW I just read that the Rams and Jets have already been in talks to send Stafford to the Jets of the Rodgers trade doesnt happen.

Like I've said before you can say that but a 2nd round pick, 15 million in cap relief, and getting an old HOF franchise QB out of you building so that your young QB can actually take over your team is better than nothing.
A low ball offer isn't good enough in my opinion.

Stafford is younger and they were able to sign him to a longer term deal. The Jets would be giving up 2 firsts for potentially one year and at most 2. BTW I just read that the Rams and Jets have already been in talks to send Stafford to the Jets of the Rodgers trade doesnt happen.
If the jets are going to give up 2 1st’s then they might as well do it for Lamar. He’s younger and better than Rodgers.

If the jets are going to give up 2 1st’s then they might as well do it for Lamar. He’s younger and better than Rodgers.
I don’t disagree. The only problem is they would have to offer Lamar a pretty large guaranteed contract to secure him as the Ravens have to option to match. Also teams can’t just offer Lamar whatever they want. You have to have the actual cap space to cover the offer. You can’t offer him X and then clear the space if he ends up on your team. You have to clear X then make the offer and if the Ravens match it you’ve cleared that space for naught.

RG III knows more about the position than me, but Goff is growing into a decent QB and threw for a ton of yards.

RG III's Top 5 NFC QB's

5) Geno Smith
4) Kyler Murray
3) Dak Prescott
2) Kirk Cousins
1) Jalen Hurts

RG III knows more about the position than me, but Goff is growing into a decent QB and threw for a ton of yards.

RG III's Top 5 NFC QB's

5) Geno Smith
4) Kyler Murray
3) Dak Prescott
2) Kirk Cousins
1) Jalen Hurts
Bunch of bums compared to the AFC QB’s

RG III's Top 5 NFC QB's

5) Geno Smith
4) Kyler Murray
3) Dak Prescott
2) Kirk Cousins
1) Jalen Hurts
RG3 might know how to play the position but his list is trash

Burrow is ahead of Allen.
Mahomes
Burrow
Allen
Lawrence
Jaclson
Burrow is not ahead of Allen. The bills would have beaten the Bengals easily if not for the snow and Allen’s injured elbow.

Can't believe you even have Lawrence in there. He's sucked until the 2nd half of last season. Ahead of Herbert, based on winning a playoff game? We're not talking better teams, better QBs.
And ahead of Lamar? Lawrence has been a relative disappointment compared to his hype.

Forum List

Back