Any UCLA BB Fans?

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast

It's been years since UCLA has raised a championship banner.
I'm hoping to see the Bruins beat UNC Asheville tonight in Sacramento.

UCLA Players to Watch​

Jaquez paces the Bruins with 17.3 points per game and 8.1 rebounds, while also averaging 2.3 assists.

Tyger Campbell paces the Bruins at 4.6 assists per game, while also putting up 2.6 rebounds and 13.6 points.

Jaylen Clark puts up 13 points, 6 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game. At the other end, he puts up 2.6 steals (fifth in college basketball) and 0.3 blocked shots.

Adem Bona is posting 7.8 points, 0.8 assists and 5.4 rebounds per contest.

David Singleton posts 9.1 points, 2.7 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game. Defensively, he averages 1.1 steals and 0.2 blocked shots.

UNC Asheville Players to Watch​

Pember is the Bulldogs' top scorer (21.2 points per game) and rebounder (9.4), and puts up 2.3 assists.

The Bulldogs receive 15 points, 5.2 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game from Tajion Jones.

Nicholas McMullen gives the Bulldogs 8 points, 5.6 rebounds and 0.6 assists per contest. He also averages 0.5 steals and 0.5 blocked shots.

Jamon Battle gives the Bulldogs 6.6 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1 assists per contest. He also puts up 0.9 steals and 0.4 blocked shots.

Caleb Burgess is posting a team-best 4.5 assists per game. And he is producing 5.2 points and 2.1 rebounds, making 40.7% of his shots from the floor.

• Banned
Been watching them since the mid 60's. Dick Enberg used to broadcast the games on KTLA.

The Lew Alcindor freshman team beat the varsity team
facilities_pauley1156x420.jpg

When I was a kid, assistant coach Dunn took me to a UCLA practice when Pauley Pavilion was only a few years old.

• Banned
UNC Asheville didn't stand a chance against UCLA. Tyger Campbell #10... Does he ever miss a shot?

It's been years since UCLA has raised a championship banner.
I'm hoping to see the Bruins beat UNC Asheville tonight in Sacramento.

UCLA Players to Watch​

Jaquez paces the Bruins with 17.3 points per game and 8.1 rebounds, while also averaging 2.3 assists.

Tyger Campbell paces the Bruins at 4.6 assists per game, while also putting up 2.6 rebounds and 13.6 points.

Jaylen Clark puts up 13 points, 6 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game. At the other end, he puts up 2.6 steals (fifth in college basketball) and 0.3 blocked shots.

Adem Bona is posting 7.8 points, 0.8 assists and 5.4 rebounds per contest.

David Singleton posts 9.1 points, 2.7 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game. Defensively, he averages 1.1 steals and 0.2 blocked shots.

UNC Asheville Players to Watch​

Pember is the Bulldogs' top scorer (21.2 points per game) and rebounder (9.4), and puts up 2.3 assists.

The Bulldogs receive 15 points, 5.2 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game from Tajion Jones.

Nicholas McMullen gives the Bulldogs 8 points, 5.6 rebounds and 0.6 assists per contest. He also averages 0.5 steals and 0.5 blocked shots.

Jamon Battle gives the Bulldogs 6.6 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1 assists per contest. He also puts up 0.9 steals and 0.4 blocked shots.

Caleb Burgess is posting a team-best 4.5 assists per game. And he is producing 5.2 points and 2.1 rebounds, making 40.7% of his shots from the floor.

Haven't watched them much since Bill Waltons time there, and I mainly followed his exploits because he played his high school years in San Diego, and his school had a rivalry with the high school that I attended at the same time.

The current UCLA team has a plethora of talent, so I will be watching them.

• Banned
Haven't watched them much since Bill Waltons time there, and I mainly followed his exploits because he played his high school years in San Diego, and his school had a rivalry with the high school that I attended at the same time.

The current UCLA team has a plethora of talent, so I will be watching them.
Were you a fan when he played for SDC?

Were you a fan when he played for SDC?
I had actually moved from San Diego during the time that he played for the Clippers, however I did manage to travel to make it to a couple of his games at the San Diego Sports Arena that they played in.

As a kid I used to go there to see the Rockets when they were in San Diego....that's going back many years.

I had actually moved from San Diego during the time that he played for the Clippers, however I did manage to travel to make it to a couple of his games at the San Diego Sports Arena that they played. As a kid I used to go there to see the Rockets when they were in San Diego....that's going back many years.
As a 1st round #1 pick his highest personal best in an NBA game was 36 points. At UCLA his best was 44 in an NCAA championship win.
My Dad said if that guy would eat meat maybe he might score more points. I never paid much attention to that remark. I thought Walton was a good center, regardless.

As a 1st round #1 pick his highest personal best in an NBA game was 36 points. At UCLA his best was 44 in an NCAA championship win.
My Dad said if that guy would eat meat maybe he might score more points. I never paid much attention to that remark. I thought Walton was a good center, regardless.
I agree that he was a good, consistent and dependable center when he was healthy.

He wasn't in the realm of NBA superstardom like Abdul Jabbar, but he was a west coast sports legend, and from my hometown, so I've always liked him.

Forum List

Back