Jesus: Why is He so offensive to others?

JC is like Jerry Siegel and Joe Shushter. They created 'Superman' but the franchise made all it's money AFTER they sold the rights to DC for $130.

r

Still one of the greatest money generating businesses the world has ever known

DC? I agree ... just wish they hadn't hired Zack Snyder to to the movies.
True, but Im very happy with Cavill.

Dude, don't get me started. They RUINED Superman for me ... and frack muted color movies!
I dont know man.

Reeves, and then that next dorky guy?

Superman's supposed to be jacked, and stoic. I think they nailed it with Cavill ~ just the storylines and directing has been MEHHHH

Reeves is Superman.

No Reeves, no Superman.

But his religion is one of the richest in the world.

JC is like Jerry Siegel and Joe Shushter. They created 'Superman' but the franchise made all it's money AFTER they sold the rights to DC for $130.

r

Religion is far richer than DC Comics

All because of JC the venture capitalist

Yeah, because he set out to run some kind of scam or something? Is that what you're saying?
:cuckoo:

Oh no he believed in what he was saying. He convinced people that he was magical because he believed it himself.

You can be a little crazy and still be a great business man

Dude, don't get me started. They RUINED Superman for me ... and frack muted color movies!
I dont know man.

Superman's supposed to be jacked, and stoic. I think they nailed it with Cavill ~ just the storylines and directing has been MEHHHH

Reeves is Superman.

No Reeves, no Superman.
He was alright. Def. better than that dork I call "the in between."

To be fair ... JC didn't invent the church. That happened the first time one cave man turned to all the other cave men and said, 'Give me half you food and women and I'll make sure the sky wolf doesn't eat the sun.'

To my knowledge, JC died pretty poor ... he didn't even own a shirt.

18.png

But his religion is one of the richest institiutions in the world.

What denomination is that one?

You know what GFY.

That man gave his life for the good of all humanity and here you are , hell-bent on crapping all over it.

Take a moment and reflect on the size of douchebag you are.

Will you lay your life down so that others may live?

People would have lived anyway.
It matters not that one person died in the past.

They would not have lived after death, though.

At least not in a better place.

No one lives after death. That's all part of the sales pitch pandering to the most elemental of all human fears: The fear of death.

Think of this, we are all talking about a poor carpenters son who lived thousands of years ago who did not lead and army, did not lead a country, and did not even write of himself and who was murdered at an early age. Then 12 of his followers were also murdered for a man who died on a cross, for whom they gladly gave their lives

Who is like him?

You know what GFY.

That man gave his life for the good of all humanity and here you are , hell-bent on crapping all over it.

No one lives after death. That's all part of the sales pitch pandering to the most elemental of all human fears: The fear of death.

And you know this how? You've had NDE?

You've died and come back to life or what?

All a NDE is is the cascade of chemicals that bathe the brain as it is deprived of blood flow and oxygen.

There is nothing mystical about it

r

Religion is far richer than DC Comics

All because of JC the venture capitalist

Yeah, because he set out to run some kind of scam or something? Is that what you're saying?
:cuckoo:

Oh no he believed in what he was saying. He convinced people that he was magical because he believed it himself.

You can be a little crazy and still be a great business man

Tell me what kind of profit Jesus made by being crucified and stabbed in the side with a spear by a Roman soldier.

I think the work I do would be more profitable, moneywise.

r

I dont know man.

I have no problem with Cavill ... he's great and totally ripped. I could watch him with no shirt for hours and I'm straight as an arrow. It's the entire 'dark, morally conflicted Superman' theme that I consider off message. They're trying to make Superman into Batman and that's just not right. They are literally polar opposites and that's the point.

Oh ... and just in case the audience is too stupid to realise we are trying to imply Superman is dark now, we'll shoot EVERY FRICKIN MOVIE in a subdued colour palette to emphasise it.

If only there were Kryptonite for Zack Snyder.

You know what GFY.

Think of this, we are all talking about a poor carpenters son who lived thousands of years ago who did not lead and army, did not lead a country, and did not even write of himself and who was murdered at an early age.

Who is like him?
Who may be a made up character to answer eternity & its questions.

You left that part out.

Nobody's talking about some carpenter. No, just a claimant of divinity.

You know what GFY.

All a NDE is is the cascade of chemicals that bathe the brain as it is deprived of blood flow and oxygen.

Riiiight, that's what the secular humanists want you to believe.

What's better, their way? Or God's way.

Think on that.

Mao was a secular humanist/atheist.

You know what GFY.

Think of this, we are all talking about a poor carpenters son who lived thousands of years ago who did not lead and army, did not lead a country, and did not even write of himself and who was murdered at an early age. Then 12 of his followers gave their lives for a man who died on a cross

Who is like him?

If you believe the press release you mean.

Think on that.

Thats a moot point if god didnt write or inspire the bible. Then its "mans way, or mans way?"

A while ago, it was OK to say God, but not Jesus.

Of course now, even God is frowned up. But it seems the name Jesus really riles people up. Many of those that are not believers of particularly the Christian faith seem to want to mock it and be sacrilegious

You see it everywhere, with celebrities, in music.

So, why do you think particularly Jesus, and Christianity in general, gets people so worked up?

I am an atheist and find Jesus to be one of the most amazing humans of all times. His teachings are phenomenal

It is Christians I find offensive. Beyond being pompous, judgmental and petty...it is their constant desire to push their faith on other people that irritates me

One nation under God, God Bless America, public prayer in schools and public meetings, ten commandments displays and constant insertion of their religion into conversations

Thanks for making my point. You love the man Jesus so long as he stays only on the pages of the Bible but hate the messengers when confronted with it in real life and would probably support persecuting them.

Crazy

Think on that.

You cannot prove that a NDE is anything but what I said it was

Believers and nonbelievers experience much the same thing in a NDE.

Nonbelievers don't see a lake of fire they see very similar things as the believers the only differences being the personal life experiences and memories of the individuals

I dont know man.

Reeves is Superman.

No Reeves, no Superman.

Brandon Rouff ... and ... I'm going to get crucified here. But, I think 'Superman Returns' is a better movie than 'Man of Steel'. 'Superman Returns' is the 'Superman III' that would have happened if Richard Donner hadn't destroyed 'Superman II'. Kevin Spacey ... best Lex Luthor EVAH!

Of course now, even God is frowned up. But it seems the name Jesus really riles people up. Many of those that are not believers of particularly the Christian faith seem to want to mock it and be sacrilegious

So, why do you think particularly Jesus, and Christianity in general, gets people so worked up?
What was it Ghandi said about Jesus and christians? I think that about covered it.

Think on that.

Thats a moot point if god didnt write or inspire the bible. Then its "mans way, or mans way?"

God did inspire the books of the bible though.

Was Constantine inspired by God to arrange the books the way he did? Quite Possibly.

Who is getting worked up? And I mean in the general population.

I want to know when Jesus claimed he was his Father..

7bdfba0250428e85d9764367b09bbb7428124514719de1ea510306c2716b4bbb.jpg

Thank goodness it's not Margaret Simon again. That girl officially shares TMI!
TMI is a Godlike production..

I dont know man.

Reeves is Superman.

No Reeves, no Superman.

Brandon Rouff ... and ... I'm going to get crucified here. But, I think 'Superman Returns' is a better movie than 'Man of Steel'. 'Superman Returns' is the 'Superman III' that would have happened if Richard Donner hadn't destroyed 'Superman II'. Kevin Spacey ... best Lex Luthor EVAH!

I wont crucify you. But im like >. that close. :)

Forum List

Back