JesoFlip!!

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
So.... I have to see my Nephrologist next week - that's a kidney doctor for those who don't know. Anyway, I got orders for some pre-visit lab work to be done. Didn't feel up to driving across town for the lab work, so I went to the local lab to get the stuff done.

They have installed these sign yourself in kiosks since my last visit - and that was a freaking ordeal in itself. A lot of information had to be updated and I had to get some help getting through some stuff AND it had this little gizmo I had to put my hand on so they could get my palm print. Really? OK. And I had to get this little pager thing like they have in restaurants so I could be summoned when my turn came. Got my call for someone to fix all the information that needed to be fixed ... and again ... the damned palm print thing.

I had to go through that palm print thing about 3 times - and I finally asked if they were planning to do a criminal background check on me. The woman was aghast ... no damned sense of humor. They swiped my insurance card into their system along with my driver's license so now they have a picture ID as well. And, of course, I had to have another "palm reading" before I got into the lab area itself. I advised the tech that my veins are hard to find and they have a tendency to collapse and/or roll so she should please get it right the first time. She finds a vein, jabs in the needle, sort of misses the vein but made up for it by puncturing the same vein twice more before hitting it dead on. I really thought I was going to have a coronary before I ever got out of that place.

I went directly across the highway to the liquor store and told the owner I knew it was early in the day, but I REALLY needed a drink. He laughed and said it was 5:00 somewhere. I promised I wouldn't drink and drive. So a large bottle of DiSaronno and two bottles of wine later I went happily out the door and home. Exhausted.

Forum List

Back