Jeff Roorda wants goverment to tell biz when they can open and close

Democrats have neveer seen an opportunity to tell others what to do that they didn't like. No big surprise. This wont be going any where as far as actual legislation is concerned.

But, it does show what democrats really want. As if its a secret... :lol:

No it's true, it really is.........

Missouri House of Representatives

Cereal

I think every State government controls within their State when businesses can open or close....been that way since the states formed, as far as I am aware....

In Maine, our merchandise retailers could not open on Thanksgiving Day because it is against the Law in Maine for them to open....laws been on the books forever!

Up until this year in Maine, many retailers did not open until 6 am on Black Friday....including last year.

But this year, many retailers...the big department stores, opened at 12:01AM on Black Friday....they still were not permitted to open on Thanksgiving, (not even Walmart) because it is against the law to open on thanksgiving Day in Maine.....(there is only 1 retailer in Maine that CAN open Thanksgiving Day, and that is because his family business for well over a century has opened on Thanksgiving Day and his retail operation was "grandfathered" when the legislature passed the, per-say prohibition)

And I thank God for that law....mainly for the retail workers here...they deserve to have 1 Holiday or two in a year, that they can count on having off and being able to spend time with family imo. So yayyyyyy for Blue Laws still on the books!

Care

Forum List

Back