Jeb Bush: I'm Concerned About Asian 'Anchor Babies,' Not Hispanic Ones

WASHINGTON -- GOP presidential hopeful Jeb Bush claimed on Monday that his use of the term “anchor babies” was not offensive because he was referring to the practice of people, primarily Asians, coming to the U.S. and “taking advantage” of birthright citizenship.

Bush used the term last week in an interview with conservative radio host Bill Bennett in reference to "birth tourism," which is the growing phenomenon of groups of Chinese women paying agencies to bring them to the U.S. to have their babies so that they can grow up as American citizens.

"If there's fraud or if there's abuse, if people are bringing pregnant women ... to have babies simply because they can do it, then there ought to be greater enforcement," he said to Bennett. "That's the legitimate side of this. Better enforcement so that you don't have these, you know, 'anchor babies,' as they're described, coming into the country."

Bush clarified his position on a visit to the U.S.-Mexico border Monday, during which he met with local leaders to discuss his immigration and border security platform.

“What I was talking about was the specific case of fraud being committed, where there’s organized efforts, and frankly it’s more related to Asian people coming into our country having children in that organized effort, taking advantage of a noble concept, which is birthright citizenship,” he said.

When a reporter asked him if he thought his use of the term "anchor baby" would hurt his support among Hispanic and Latino voters, he dismissed the question:“Nothing about what I said should be viewed as derogatory toward immigrants at all,” he said.

In continuing to shrug off his use of the term, he said that people should “chill out,” and accused his opponents and the media of waging a war on political correctness and taking his comments out of context, even though "anchor baby" is typically used as a derogatory description of the children of undocumented immigrants.

More: Jeb Bush Clarifies That He’s Concerned About Asian 'Anchor Babies,' Not Hispanic Ones

So, now it's not them Mexicans. It's them Asian anchor babies that be the problem. Which border is them Asians crossing?

Fuck jeb the RINO!!
He's not worried about mexicans because they provide cheap labor.
Orientals come to America and excel. They dont work for chump change for long.

Am I the only one wondering why any immigrant would vote Republican?
Because LEGAL immigrants are waiting for family to come over. They are being denied because of the number of illegals. Let's make room for the Legal Immigrants! Those who really want to be Americans! Vote Republican.

WASHINGTON -- GOP presidential hopeful Jeb Bush claimed on Monday that his use of the term “anchor babies” was not offensive because he was referring to the practice of people, primarily Asians, coming to the U.S. and “taking advantage” of birthright citizenship.

Bush used the term last week in an interview with conservative radio host Bill Bennett in reference to "birth tourism," which is the growing phenomenon of groups of Chinese women paying agencies to bring them to the U.S. to have their babies so that they can grow up as American citizens.

"If there's fraud or if there's abuse, if people are bringing pregnant women ... to have babies simply because they can do it, then there ought to be greater enforcement," he said to Bennett. "That's the legitimate side of this. Better enforcement so that you don't have these, you know, 'anchor babies,' as they're described, coming into the country."

Bush clarified his position on a visit to the U.S.-Mexico border Monday, during which he met with local leaders to discuss his immigration and border security platform.

“What I was talking about was the specific case of fraud being committed, where there’s organized efforts, and frankly it’s more related to Asian people coming into our country having children in that organized effort, taking advantage of a noble concept, which is birthright citizenship,” he said.

When a reporter asked him if he thought his use of the term "anchor baby" would hurt his support among Hispanic and Latino voters, he dismissed the question:“Nothing about what I said should be viewed as derogatory toward immigrants at all,” he said.

In continuing to shrug off his use of the term, he said that people should “chill out,” and accused his opponents and the media of waging a war on political correctness and taking his comments out of context, even though "anchor baby" is typically used as a derogatory description of the children of undocumented immigrants.

More: Jeb Bush Clarifies That He’s Concerned About Asian 'Anchor Babies,' Not Hispanic Ones

So, now it's not them Mexicans. It's them Asian anchor babies that be the problem. Which border is them Asians crossing?

Oh no! jebbie is a racist.

I think you can add racist to his resume, mexicans do the same shit the asians are doing, there is no difference.

The reason I won't call him a racist, but I'll call him just about everything else is because he doesn't condemn minorities to a helpless dependent class like the democrooks do.

He's a globalist. He hates us all equally.

I think you can add racist to his resume, mexicans do the same shit the asians are doing, there is no difference.

The reason I won't call him a racist, but I'll call him just about everything else is because he doesn't condemn minorities to a helpless dependent class like the democrooks do.

Except for asians that engage in birthright tourism, I guess they're special. Mexicans come across just to have babies also, why isn't he calling them out as well?

This "Anchor Baby" flip just demonstrated to me that he will say anything to get elected. After he made that comment about "Anchor Babies," he undoubtedly got a call from the La Raza or whoever saying he just lost their support. Whallah! He only meant Asians. Bull shit.

Last edited:

Except for asians that engage in birthright tourism, I guess they're special. Mexicans come across just to have babies also, why isn't he calling them out as well?
He did on Friday, but not on Monday. You know he meant all anchor babies. He is lying.

He did on Friday, but not on Monday. You know he meant all anchor babies. He is lying.

I really don't care, he will never get my vote. If he's the nominee I will write in someone else's name.

You left wing morons. You don't even know how big birth tourism is in your own country.

Idiots. There's big money in maternity cartels. BIG money. Obviously citizenship to left wingers means nothing. It can just be bought for thousands.

Disgusting that you have so little regard for how precious American citizenship is. Really disgusting.

"The "maternity tourism" sites included apartment complexes in Los Angeles, Orange and San Bernardino counties where authorities believe the businesses housed the foreign nationals about to give birth, federal officials said.

Those targeted residences are believed to have catered largely to women from China, who paid $15,000 to $50,000 for lodging, transportation and food, according to a statement by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Those fees don't necessarily include medical care, authorities said.

Authorities are looking for evidence of bringing in and harboring of undocumented visitors; conspiracy, fraud and misuse of visas and permits; tax evasion and false tax returns; and willful failure to file report of foreign bank and financial accounts, court papers said."

Feds fight 'maternity tourism' with raids on California 'maternity hotels'

By Michael Martinez and Alexandra Meeks, CN

Feds fight 'maternity tourism' with raids in California - CNN.com

I've heard we have more illegal Asians than we do Mexicans.

I'd love to find me a gesha girl.

You left wing morons. You don't even know how big birth tourism is in your own country.

Idiots. There's big money in maternity cartels. BIG money. Obviously citizenship to left wingers means nothing. It can just be bought for thousands.

Disgusting that you have so little regard for how precious American citizenship is. Really disgusting.

"The "maternity tourism" sites included apartment complexes in Los Angeles, Orange and San Bernardino counties where authorities believe the businesses housed the foreign nationals about to give birth, federal officials said.

Those targeted residences are believed to have catered largely to women from China, who paid $15,000 to $50,000 for lodging, transportation and food, according to a statement by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Authorities are looking for evidence of bringing in and harboring of undocumented visitors; conspiracy, fraud and misuse of visas and permits; tax evasion and false tax returns; and willful failure to file report of foreign bank and financial accounts, court papers said."

Hmmm. If Feds are fighting 'maternity tourism', what's the difference for anchor babies?

Glad to see even tough all the jobs are going to more free unregulated capitalism countries like mexico and china that America is still the place Mexicans and Chinese people want to be.

Maybe one day our grandkids will immigrate to china or mexico. Hopefully legally.

If true (first I have heard of it) it is a problem and we need to deal.

Illegal is illegal. Legal immigration needs illegal immigration closed down hard.

What I don't like about Bush's remark is that one set is better than another

Forum List

Back