Japan, U.K., Italy to Build Stealth Jet Fighter by 2035

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Japan, the U.K. and Italy said they would jointly develop a next-generation stealth jet fighter by 2035 that they hope will surpass the U.S.-made F-35 in some capabilities.

Remote : Thu, 08 Dec 2022 23:05:00 -0500
Local : 2022-12-09(Friday) 05 : 05 : 00

Found via World Headlines on nicer.app

i suggest the US not get squeemish about the Europeans starting up an arms industry of their own again.
we do not feel like shelling out money both to the West side of the Atlantic and over land all the way to China.
like the US, we'll be making our own industrial products, including clothing assembled by robotic arms that are pinned down to the floor, soon.

The U.K might get a stealth jet in the air in ten years but the Italian fighter pilot program leaves a lot to be desired.

Japan, the U.K. and Italy said they would jointly develop a next-generation stealth jet fighter by 2035 that they hope will surpass the U.S.-made F-35 in some capabilities.

Remote : Thu, 08 Dec 2022 23:05:00 -0500
Local : 2022-12-09(Friday) 05 : 05 : 00
Found via World Headlines on nicer.app

i suggest the US not get squeemish about the Europeans starting up an arms industry of their own again.
we do not feel like shelling out money both to the West side of the Atlantic and over land all the way to China.
like the US, we'll be making our own industrial products, including clothing assembled by robotic arms that are pinned down to the floor, soon.

We need to be helping every country around the world develop their militaries......and help them fight against the Chinese, both their open and covert activities...they are an existential threat to the world.....

We need to be helping every country around the world develop their militaries......and help them fight against the Chinese, both their open and covert activities...they are an existential threat to the world.....
existential threat i wouldn't call them just yet,
but a threat... definitely!
especially that South China Sea fleet of the Chinese.. needs to be sunk to the bottom of the deep waters, *at least once*.

Uh-huh. And that is still 13 years away.

And at this time, they are in the process of upgrading the F-35 with the Block 4 upgrades. And they will have had by that time likely a dozen more upgrades. Literally, they are trying to hit a moving target. Because like the F-18, the Burke class destroyers, and almost everything else they are saying they will pass some equipment we use now "in some capabilities". But that equipment will be significantly improved by then over what is used now.

I pray this a joke or Fake News .
The F35 as a quality target or aim is unbelievable .

It is a shit heap of a plane .

Briefly :-
The F-35 Joint Strike Fighter still suffers from 13 serious flaws, including a gun afflicted with cracking and accuracy issues. The software that runs the jet also has nearly 900 bugs. The problem is complicated by the need to patch nearly 500 jets already built and lying round the globe in bits and pieces ..

You can disagree as much as you choose Mushroom but that's what your Pentagon says .
Not me .
Read the Pentagon's annual report . They confirm it is a shit heap .

You can disagree as much as you choose Mushroom but that's what your Pentagon says .

Name a single first generation anything that the military fielded that worked as expected when fielded.

Anything.

This is simply how it is. The original F-18 was not that great of an aircraft either. It took several upgrades and modifications to make it the aircraft used today.

And I have trained on the original PATRIOT equipment. Anybody that used it when it was first fielded would be completely lost on the current equipment. Hell, back then you actually had to use surveying tools made for WWII to get it emplaced.

I simply recognize that it typical for military equipment. Always has been, always will be.

Name a single first generation anything that the military fielded that worked as expected when fielded.

Anything.

This is simply how it is. The original F-18 was not that great of an aircraft either. It took several upgrades and modifications to make it the aircraft used today.

And I have trained on the original PATRIOT equipment. Anybody that used it when it was first fielded would be completely lost on the current equipment. Hell, back then you actually had to use surveying tools made for WWII to get it emplaced.

I simply recognize that it typical for military equipment. Always has been, always will be so .

Good to see you agree with the Pentagon's evaluation and my comment .

UK aiming to run off some Spitfires and Hurricanes very stealthily. These should have the enemy pointing to the sky in shock and awe .

Forum List

Back