Jan 6 Profiteers Who Shook Foundations of American Democracy - From Political Prisoners to Profiteers

These folks should be allowed to keep any/ever penny they are able to raise. The Government has ruined their entire lives, without good cause. NO Government building should EVER be closed to the Public for ANY reason.
They ruined their own lives by participating in an armed insurrection against the federal government on January 6th. They were ignorant followers of Trump at best, and criminals at worst.

They ruined their own lives by participating in an armed insurrection against the federal government on January 6th. They were ignorant followers of Trump at best, and criminals at worst.
They weren't armed and it wasn't an insurrection.

Armed with what? NO GUNS! When are you fucking drama queens going to admit our government has gone full fascist and count on very stupid people like you to get away with it.

If they weren't ordered to pay fines/restitution and if they're paying legal/court costs as required, then they should be able to keep the money. As much as I think they should pay for their crimes against the country, what's theirs is theirs. Government shouldn't be allowed to just confiscate their property because they're mad at them.
Actually all profits from a crime, should be confiscated. Failure to do so, is why Michael Milkin got of prison a wealthy man.

what a weird comment. Ignorance is bliss here

Maybe I missed it in the article, but I don't see a legal basis for confiscating their money. Based on what I'm reading, the DOJ is going after their stash because they believe they should be broke. It's not necessarily against the law for the accused or even the convicted to tell people they believe that they're political prisoners, nor is it against the law to set up a go-fund-me to pay for legal bills, loss of reputation, etc.'

If they owe restitution, fines, penalties, and they want the proceeds to make those payments, I could possibly see that as a rationale for DOJ action, but the way the article reads, this is just the feds imposing their own extra-judicial form of justice on them because they're angry at them.

FWIW, I feel the same way about these bozos as you do, but the judge and jury should determine the penalties they pay, and once they've been through the legal ringer, maybe it's time for people to move on.

Actually all profits from a crime, should be confiscated. Failure to do so, is why Michael Milkin got of prison a wealthy man.

Right, but as I see it, the crimes were committed on January 6th. It's different than murdering someone and bragging about it later in a book written from a jail cell. The crimes committed on that day were things like criminally trespassing, vandalism, assault of a federal officer, interrupting/interfering with a public proceeding.

People should still have the right to tell their side of the story, unless there's some law that prohibits it with proper justification. What if they want to have their own podcast or YouTube channel after their release?

Right, but as I see it, the crimes were committed on January 6th. It's different than murdering someone and bragging about it later in a book written from a jail cell. The crimes committed on that day were things like criminally trespassing, vandalism, assault of a federal officer, interrupting/interfering with a public proceeding.

People should still have the right to tell their side of the story, unless there's some law that prohibits it with proper justification. What if they want to have their own podcast or YouTube channel after their release?
Profiting from a crime, whether big or small is the same thing. There's nothing wrong with telling their side of the story, but for allow them to play on the gullibility of those who would pay to listen to their conspiracy theories makes it possible for people to make crime pay.

Jan 6 Profiteers Who Shook Foundations of American Democracy​

Moron, there is no such thing as "American Democracy." Find me where the democracies are on this map of the world?!

Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 6.13.46 PM.png

Profiting from a crime, whether big or small is the same thing. There's nothing wrong with telling their side of the story, but for allow them to play on the gullibility of those who would pay to listen to their conspiracy theories makes it possible for people to make crime pay.

But if gullible people want to send money in support of some of these bozos, then that is their right as citizens and gullible consumers. The contributors are not being defrauded.

But if gullible people want to send money in support of some of these bozos, then that is their right as citizens and gullible consumers. The contributors are not being defrauded.
Actually they are. Any claims minimizing their crimes are fraudulent. No different than selling tales of being a Nigerian Prince.

Actually they are. Any claims minimizing their crimes are fraudulent. No different than selling tales of being a Nigerian Prince.

I think the Q-Anon people who send them money know who their sending money to and what they're supporting. They're fucked in the head for sure, but it's not your classic financial scam.

I think the Q-Anon people who send them money know who their sending money to and what they're supporting. They're fucked in the head for sure, but it's not your classic financial scam.
Actually it is a classic financial scam, but with a different twist. Like Steve Bannon asking people for money to build Trumps wall. Those people sent Steve Bannon money after he had just been pardoned for a felony.

D.A. Bragg, A.G. James Announce Indictment of Stephen Bannon for $15 Million “We Build The Wall” Fundraising Fraud ·

Should Steve Bannon be allowed to keep the money?

Actually it is a classic financial scam, but with a different twist. Like Steve Bannon asking people for money to build Trumps wall. Those people sent Steve Bannon money after he had just been pardoned for a felony.

D.A. Bragg, A.G. James Announce Indictment of Stephen Bannon for $15 Million “We Build The Wall” Fundraising Fraud ·

Should Steve Bannon be allowed to keep the money?

I am unfamiliar with the Bannon case.

The filthy ass Democrats have weaponized the federal government to punish everybody that protested against them stealing the 2020 election.

The asshole Democrats have turned America into a banana republic.
Nah, but evidence is coming out on how Trump tried weaponizing the whole government.

so much his style, you must admit

Forum List

Back