Jan 6 committee may hold "prime time" hearings

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Yeah, I don't know if this is a great idea.

On one hand, the committee must think, based on the evidence it has gathered to date, that it can effectively put the screws to key Jan 6 players, and it wants to do so in front of as many American eyes (in "prime time", like a reality show) as possible. I can see that. Maybe.

But on the other hand, we've all seen a zillion times how politicians use this opportunity for endless tedious grandstanding, preening and posing. That will turn people off and they'll go straight to "Dancing with the Stars". And wouldn't this effect the testimony of the witnesses in some way?

I dunno. What would this look like?

On one hand, the committee must think, based on the evidence it has gathered to date, that it can effectively put the screws to key Jan 6 players, and it wants to do so in front of as many American eyes (in "prime time", like a reality show) as possible. I can see that. Maybe.

But on the other hand, we've all seen a zillion times how politicians use this opportunity for endless tedious grandstanding, preening and posing. That will turn people off and they'll go straight to "Dancing with the Stars". And wouldn't this effect the testimony of the witnesses in some way?

Save the former President testifying in person...this is a hard no for me.

I could imagine them boring everyone to tears within 30 minutes.

In July 2020, I got rid of cable TV. I thought I'd miss it. Today, I can't imagine ever buying cable TV again. One of the greatest benefits of getting rid of it is avoiding the news channels. If they do have primetime hearings on these channels...I'm even more happy to not have cable....

Thompson would have to prepare the committee members appropriately, something like "if any of you go off on your self-serving bullshit for more than thirty seconds, I will personally take one shoe off, walk up behind you, and pop you across the back of the skull with it".

Something like that.

A "prime time" show trial? No thanks.

If anyone gets well deserved prison time, that's enough for me.

I know that they won't get to the part where Nancy refused Trump's offer of the National Guard to prevent trouble.
Isn't it amazing that no one knew that. i knew it by Feb 1

They were warned for 2 weeks and let it morph

So many people are dangerously uninformed

Foks the real lesson in life is on this thread

Libturd Democraps are very unhappy miserable people. Their personal lives are a mess...so many failed relationships. A shit job and a life of bitterness.

Their psychosis about a shit life causes them to hate happy normal adjusted people and what they do.

This is a simple summary

In July 2020, I got rid of cable TV. I thought I'd miss it. Today, I can't imagine ever buying cable TV again. One of the greatest benefits of getting rid of it is avoiding the news channels. If they do have primetime hearings on these channels...I'm even more happy to not have cable....
I would have thought six months without CNN and MSNBC would have resulted in improving your awareness, but your posts don’t reflect this as of yet. Maybe it takes longer for some people.

A couple of weeks ago it was announced that Biden would give an address to the nation. I assumed it would be, like all National addresses, at 9 pm to allow the West Coast people time to get home from work.

imagine my surprise when I turned on the tv to learn that he had already spoken, or mumbled, at 3 pm - when most adults are working!

I say if the media is working in cahoots with the WH to give fhe President of the United States as little exposure as possible, it becomes obvious that they are reserving “prime time” to make Trump look bad with lies about an insurrection, by a completely partisan committee.

Libturd Democraps are very unhappy miserable people. Their personal lives are a mess...so many failed relationships. A shit job and a life of bitterness.

Their psychosis about a shit life causes them to hate happy normal adjusted people and what they do.

This is a simple summary
Boom!

Moving from one self-perpetuating misery to another in a effort to control us is all the dems are about.

This is a simple summary
Yes, jealousy of the more successful people is at the root of the leftists’ rampage of hate. It is why they side with Muslims over Jews, illegals over American citizens, criminals over law-abiding folks, and whites over blacks.

A "prime time" show trial? No thanks.

If anyone gets well deserved prison time, that's enough for me.

I know that they won't get to the part where Nancy refused Trump's offer of the National Guard to prevent trouble.
It’s a show trial alright. Reminiscent of trials by the old USSR. If only they hadn’t been so corrupt for so many decades, we could have faith in what they do.

Desperation is setting as The DemNazis see their prospects for holding power in The Midterms wane.

Many Americans are not embracing The DemNazi Fascism being forced on them under the cover of a Scamdemic.

What has Corona evolved in to? It's back to being the common cold, and they are still pushing The Lie like they did Russian Collusion.

So now they want to do a prime time hearing over a man who threatened to overthrow America with a Fire Extinguisher?

Danger! Danger! Danger Will Robinson!

Democracy is in peril!

1641388610104.png

It’s a show trial alright. Reminiscent of trials by the old USSR. If only they hadn’t been so corrupt for so many decades, we could have faith in what they do.
I guess we should be grateful that's all it it is.....They would trot out some Roland Freisler type if they could get away with it though Adam Schiff (D-CA) is sort of a low-rent version of the same Nazi scum..

Forum List

Back