James Webb Space Telescope Launch LIVE, 7:00am ET

This is going to be great. A real labor of love from the space community. If something goes wrong there will be rocket scientists hanging from the rafters.

There are so many things that can go wrong. Just unfolding the sun shield requires nearly 200 separate operations.
The Scientists know that there will never be another one if this one fails.

With space becoming commercialized there will be less and less funds for pure science missions. It's almost a miracle that this thing ever happened at all.
Well, I'll take it.

Aside from all the other benefits of this, it's just nice to know that there are still a few people who realize how small we are, and how much we have to learn.

We used to be a far more curious species. We've largely lost that quality to our own ego and hubris. So I'll take whatever I can get here.

Well, I'll take it.

Aside from all the other benefits of this, it's just nice to know that there are still a few people who realize how small we are, and how much we have to learn.

We used to be a far more curious species. We've largely lost that quality to our own ego and hubris. So I'll take whatever I can get here.
There's still plenty of curiosity but the sad fact of it all is that our smartest people have been designing new phone aps and other internet frivolity rather than working on the important questions.

Just a few minutes

T minus 10, 9, 8, 7,

Perfect liftoff! Yes!

Still a long way to go.

Good luck!

K3C36bwuzQYtxfjzwmPA2h.jpg

The NASA feed is cool because there are no "news anchors" asking dumb questions or cutting to commercials. Just NASA experts from all over the world and at the site.
Um...it's Trump's fault.....

There that should take care of it!

This is what the future of space exploration should be

No USS Enterprise or Buck Rogers
Advanced telescopes and R2D2 like probes

One of the many things I love about this stuff is when these experts are interviewed. They always have a HUGE SMILE on their face because they're so excited and because this stuff is SO FREAKING COOL.
Have you ever seen one of these rocket launches in real life?

I've been to one. It's AWESOME! My crazy commie uncle took me to witness the launch of the STS-7 Challenger space shuttle mission in 1983.

To this day one of my favorite songs is Mustang Sally. The chorus goes "All you want to do is Ride around Sally (Ride Sally Ride)".

And Sally Ride, the first female astronaut in space, was on that mission.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back