James Cameron says he cut footage including firearms from new ‘Avatar,’ regrets past use

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Director James Cameron said in an interview that he cut 10 minutes of scenes showing the use of firearms in the latest installment of the wildly popular “Avatar” film series, adding that he regrets past use of firearms in his films.

In an interview with Esquire Middle East, Cameron, who won three Academy Awards for his 1997 film “Titanic,” told the publication about the regret he has with the use of firearms in his films, adding that he cut out 10 minutes from his new film, “Avatar: The Way of Water,” to shift toward his new approach.

James Cameron says he cut footage including firearms from new ‘Avatar,’ regrets past use

What, do space marines throw rocks?

But OK, I hope folks take the money it would have cost to see that woke tripe and buy ammo with it. ;)

I tried the watch the original Avatar when it came on cable last time, but couldn't get through 15 minutes of the sickening wokeness. It looked like the target audience of the movie was tree huggers, furries, and people who have sex with their pets.

I don't see the appeal of Avatar. Not the story, nor even the bright shiny cartoon.

To each their own I suppose. i watched it once and forgot most of it before i left the theatre.

Director James Cameron said in an interview that he cut 10 minutes of scenes showing the use of firearms in the latest installment of the wildly popular “Avatar” film series, adding that he regrets past use of firearms in his films.

In an interview with Esquire Middle East, Cameron, who won three Academy Awards for his 1997 film “Titanic,” told the publication about the regret he has with the use of firearms in his films, adding that he cut out 10 minutes from his new film, “Avatar: The Way of Water,” to shift toward his new approach.

What, do space marines throw rocks?

But OK, I hope folks take the money it would have cost to see that woke tripe and buy ammo with it. ;)

James needs to cut back on his estrogen intake.

I don't see the appeal of Avatar. Not the story, nor even the bright shiny cartoon.

To each their own I suppose. i watched it once and forgot most of it before i left the theatre.

You forgot it because you'd seen it before, at least once, maybe twice.

Dances with Wolves in 1990 or Pochahantas in 1995, if you had kids then...

original.jpg

The there is always 1992's Ferngully...

This is such absurd posturing!

Cameron is such a ridiculous fraud. He makes millions portraying gun violence and then condemns it.

Avatar II is filled with characters, both good and bad, blazing away on guns.

Cameron is such a ridiculous fraud. He makes millions portraying gun violence and then condemns it.
Liam Neeson's highest rated films have plenty of gun violence but he condemns the use of firearms. These folks bite the hand that feeds them.

It's time for Cameron to go away. He has officially become exactly what Tarantino fears he will become if he keeps making movies. The tired old man that is past his prime making terrible movies and lost whatever spark originally made him great.

I didn't like titanic but I can't ignore from a directorial standpoint and a technical standpoint it was really good. But that was his last decent movie.

Avatar was the end of Cameron being a noteworthy director. All he did was rip off dances with wolves and did it in such an amazingly bland, boring, sterile, uninteresting and cookie cutter way that despite it's financial success no one liked it. Avatar doesn't have memes, have lines people quote, no one says it's a favorite of theirs, little to no merchandise, or any Hallmark of a classic film. But all of his previous movies have those things and beloved by millions. Even true lies gets more love than both avatars combined.

Forum List

Back