Jalapeno Cranberry Sauce

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
Well I tried a jalapeno cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving this year, it turn out very nice. I even have to make more to have some with leftovers now, my family didn't even eat the other.
Anyway very easy, only 4 ingredients.

Ingredients
Water 1 cup
Sugar 1 cup
Cranberrys fresh 1 pound (one package)
Jalapeno peppers 4 each

Method
1. Wash cranberries in strainer, remove any stems and soft or bad cranberries.
2. In medium size sauce pan heat water and sugar to a simmer.
3. Add cranberries, bring back to simmer then turn down heat to low. Stir cranberries, some will pop which is good, helps thicken the sauce. Continue to simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. Small dice the jalapenos, make sure to remove the seed and white ribs, very bitter. Than wash your hands after handling the peppers.
5. Add diced peppers last ten minutes of simmer.
6. Cool to room temprature. Enjoy.

Notes
The sauce has a nice balance to it with the sweetness from the sugar, the bitterness from the cranberries and the hotness from the peppers. The amount of peppers I used did not make the sauce too hot. If you desire more heat just add more peppers.
A note on jalepeno peppers, when picking them at the market look for the peppers that have small little dimples in lines running down the peppers, not old and wilted though. This is a sign of capsaicin (what makes it hot) concentration in the pepper and will make a better sauce.

Forum List

Back